ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #76
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,311
Man I hope the Doctors give me the ok to ride. You guys are killing me...dang.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #77
JasonK94Z
Crash Tester

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK94Z View Post
And another that includes White Rock, Bobby Hopper Tunnel, Fly, Pannell Rd, and Oark. 181 miles. This one and the other one came from 10cup before I made my last trip down there.

I think i may follow this route if anyone wants to follow me. This route came from 10Cup. 181 miles and it includes Pannell Road. I'm on a KLR 650, and will be going down there with a friend who also rides a KLR 650. I've never done this route before, but I was told the majority is gravel, etc. I'm fairly new to gps and following a route, so it may become a little bit of an adventure at times if we get off track. I'm just out for a ride to have a good time with and a bit of a challenge too!

Maybe 10Cup will chime in and dscribe this route a bit.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 181 Oark Fly Pannel Hopper.gpx (237.8 KB, 93 views)
Old 05-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #78
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,591
Quote:
I think i may follow this route if anyone wants to follow me. This route came from 10Cup. 181 miles and it includes Pannell Road. I'm on a KLR 650, and will be going down there with a friend who also rides a KLR 650. I've never done this route before, but I was told the majority is gravel, etc. I'm fairly new to gps and following a route, so it may become a little bit of an adventure at times if we get off track. I'm just out for a ride to have a good time with and a bit of a challenge too!

Maybe 10Cup will chime in and dscribe this route a bit.
Hi Jason,
You will need to change up that route a bit. Lee creek road will be under deep water so if you want to ride Pannell road you'll have to improvise some to get to it. I have to say though that the rest of the ride will be fun and doable. Personally I wouldn't ride Pannell but that's your call.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #79
JasonK94Z
Crash Tester

Here is a map showing the route.
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #80
JasonK94Z
Crash Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
Hi Jason,
You will need to change up that route a bit. Lee creek road will be under deep water so if you want to ride Pannell road you'll have to improvise some to get to it. I have to say though that the rest of the ride will be fun and doable. Personally I wouldn't ride Pannell but that's your call.

Have a way of getting around Lee Creek rd?

If Pannell Rd gets too ugly, I suppose we could turn around. But, I like to get myself into something questionable at least once per ride anyways. One of those things you finally make it through and you look back and think "Holy Crap I made it!" Good confiedence booster
Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #81
ILwop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Like it challenging

JasonK94Z, I will join you all for this route. What day and time will you be leaving the lodge? I will be in Joplin, MO overnight on Thursday, thus if the ride is Friday early, will have to know when to roll out of Joplin. On an 09 KLX 250 with the "cross of questioning" on my side plate, symbol used on my posts. Blue Oyster Cult fan ya know, currently Alice in Chains to be up to date, so will have to put their logo on my other side plate . . .
ILwop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #82
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,410
look thru the trax I posted..there are a couple of go arounds that will keep you out of Lee Creek..it's so deep right now that NO ONE is going thru it, not even BIG vehicles..Lee Creek is in no was a CREEK..it's a river!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #83
JasonK94Z
Crash Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILwop View Post
JasonK94Z, I will join you all for this route. What day and time will you be leaving the lodge? I will be in Joplin, MO overnight on Thursday, thus if the ride is Friday early, will have to know when to roll out of Joplin. On an 09 KLX 250 with the "cross of questioning" on my side plate, symbol used on my posts. Blue Oyster Cult fan ya know, currently Alice in Chains to be up to date, so will have to put their logo on my other side plate . . .

Sounds good! We will be doing the big ride on Saturday. We won't be arriving to White Rock until maybe 2pm Friday. Just look for 2 guys in a silver Honda Ridgeline with 2 KLR's int he back from kansas. We are staying in the lodge.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #84
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Lee Creek/Pannell bypass

upon further inspection, I didnt see where I had put the by pass track up for Lee Creek and Pannell road..here it is now

This starts at Old Cross Rd and hwy 220 and makes a loop to Natural Dam on hwy 59.

If you go south on hwy 220, it is all paved and is abt 12-13 miles to Natural Dam..

If you go north and loop up and back around, it is abt 17 miles of dirt and you come out on hwy 59 just north of Natural Dam

So no matter which way you go, follow this track and it will keep you out of Lee Creek and off Pannell road..very big bike friendly!

Mapsource 2010.1
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 032leecreekbypass.gpx (31.4 KB, 166 views)
Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #85
JasonK94Z
Crash Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
upon further inspection, I didnt see where I had put the by pass track up for Lee Creek and Pannell road..here it is now

This starts at Old Cross Rd and hwy 220 and makes a loop to Natural Dam on hwy 59.

If you go south on hwy 220, it is all paved and is abt 12-13 miles to Natural Dam..

If you go north and loop up and back around, it is abt 17 miles of dirt and you come out on hwy 59 just north of Natural Dam

So no matter which way you go, follow this track and it will keep you out of Lee Creek and off Pannell road..very big bike friendly!

Mapsource 2010.1
Thanks! I will use it and route it for Pannell rd too. I'll keep the bypass also in case it starts looking bad. I'll walk the bike through Pannell if i have too One of the guys that taught me how to ride offroad last summer actually has taken his BMW GS1000 down pannell and says its a walk in the park. Of course, he says everything is a walk in the park and I end up eating dirt and getting a workout picking my bike up off the ground. he makes it look like a casual ride.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #86
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

two things abt Pannell road..rocks and "slick greasy" red clay mud..you have been warned!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #87
JasonK94Z
Crash Tester

Quote:
two things abt Pannell road..rocks and "slick greasy" red clay mud..you have been warned!

baby head sized rocks are ok, the mud sucks! Does the road ever dry out?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #88
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Quote:
baby head sized rocks are ok, the mud sucks! Does the road ever dry out?
yeah..late SEP!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #89
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,311
Quote:
yeah..late SEP!
Unless it rains.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #90
Bell47Pilot
MonkeyButt

Oddometer: 1,759
Quote:
yeah..late SEP!
It was perdy dry when we ran it in March, but I know that was a long time ago for you Doc
Ride On
Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010 #1
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the
boundary of disaster. (Sterling Moss)
Bell47Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote