ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #121
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
If by chance the weather does not cooperate Friday afternoon I will give it a go Sunday morning with this ride if there are some takers.
What happened to the phrase "Rain or Shine"?
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #122
JasonK94Z
Crash Tester
 
JasonK94Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Olathe, KS
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
If by chance the weather does not cooperate Friday afternoon I will give it a go Sunday morning with this ride if there are some takers.
Sounds like a plan to me.
__________________
2003 KLR 650
JasonK94Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #123
arkridergc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
arkridergc's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Pottsville, AR
Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
What happened to the phrase "Rain or Shine"?
"Petit Jean" is what happened but damn if we didn't try and have a ride!
Gary
__________________
Well they say time loves a hero, but only time will tell......Little Feat
3 rides in 1 weekend, Mt. Nebo State Park Arkansas
Two Brothers on Two50's
Two Brothers on Two50's ride Colorado
'09 Yamaha WR250r, '08 Harley Davidson Road Glide
arkridergc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:26 AM   #124
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager
 
OLEARY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Rogers, AR
Oddometer: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkridergc View Post
"Petit Jean" is what happened but damn if we didn't try and have a ride!
Gary
Yes we did! I think that I will use a good portion of that route, the southern part, on the Mt. Magazine Event. Since you and Dave have it verified, why not. So we might be able to get that ride completed yet. I will send it to you to look at when I get it complete.
__________________
Yamaha WR250R, KTM 450EXC
Moab Ride 10
Trails of the West Lite 2011
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #125
JasonK94Z
Crash Tester
 
JasonK94Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Olathe, KS
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
Yes we did! I think that I will use a good portion of that route, the southern part, on the Mt. Magazine Event. Since you and Dave have it verified, why not. So we might be able to get that ride completed yet. I will send it to you to look at when I get it complete.

What's the Mt. Magazine Event? Any excuse to get back down to Arkansas is a good one.
__________________
2003 KLR 650
JasonK94Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #126
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK94Z View Post
What's the Mt. Magazine Event? Any excuse to get back down to Arkansas is a good one.

Jason, O'leary and others have put together monthly moto camping weekends. You will find the weekends and locations HERE.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #127
9Dave
Bazinga!
 
9Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 12,745
The AR Slappers have asked for this thread to be closed. If you have ride reports, they have a communal thread going, or you can do your own if you wish.

Hope everyone had a great time!
__________________


dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #128
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,362
Western AR TAT to OK line

This is a 86 mile oneway track and route combo leading from White Rock to the Oklahoma State line on the TAT. This rte/trk bypasses Warloop road but goes right by it so if you want to do Warloop, you can..just be sure to go south on hwy 71 when you get to the bottom to pick up the rte/trk again, abt 3/4 mile.

Food and gas in Lincoln AR.

Mapsource 2011.1
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 086WARTAT.gpx (257.7 KB, 219 views)
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #129
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer
 
10Cup's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Oddometer: 2,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
This is a 86 mile oneway track and route combo leading from White Rock to the Oklahoma State line on the TAT. This rte/trk bypasses Warloop road but goes right by it so if you want to do Warloop, you can..just be sure to go south on hwy 71 when you get to the bottom to pick up the rte/trk again, abt 3/4 mile.

Food and gas in Lincoln AR.

Mapsource 2011.1
Yeah the TAT track is kinda fun till you hit the flat lands near OK. Would be fun to ride both ways though.
__________________
10Cup - WR250R - BMW R1200GS
Trails of the West 2011 Moab/Western TAT 2010 Continental Divide Ride 09 Route 66 Ride SPOT Tracker
The cost of living's going up, and the chance of livin's going down.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #130
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 31,362
Low Gap to Oark

This is both a route and a track that will take you from Oark up to Low Gap on hwy 74..go west on 74 and venture down to Steel Creek for some scenic bluffs on the Bufflao River..this is a 88 mile loop

Mapsource 2010.1
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 088LowGap_Oark.gpx (200.0 KB, 241 views)
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #131
ABYSS
KTM
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Oddometer: 1,198
thanks oh great one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
This is both a route and a track that will take you from Oark up to Low Gap on hwy 74..go west on 74 and venture down to Steel Creek for some scenic bluffs on the Bufflao River..this is a 88 mile loop

Mapsource 2010.1
we appreciate it your guidance.
__________________
Every question in life has an answer of YES OR NO
Maybe = NO
Keep life simple and enjoy it!
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #132
JT
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Elgin, Texas
Oddometer: 339
Clarksville area

Here are a few tracks from my recent expeditions around Clarksville, maybe of help to someone. Most of these are not really big-bike friendly unless you really want a challege.
The file is too big for upload to ADV. PM me an emaill addy if you want it. :^)

JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #133
EnduroRdr
Woods Racer & D/S Rider
 
EnduroRdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Formerly South MS, LR-Ar, Houston-Tx, now BR-La
Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by JThompson View Post
Here are a few tracks from my recent expeditions around Clarksville, maybe of help to someone. Most of these are not really big-bike friendly unless you really want a challege.
The file is too big for upload to ADV. PM me an emaill addy if you want it. :^)


What no pics? - you know the motto - it never happened

Gonna be up that way in a few weeks for about a week of riding - I was lookin for some good tracks to ride right in that area.
Maybe you could share the gpx? And any comments about some epic sections for our group to visit would be welcome.

If you want to share maybe you should PM (don't want to hi-jack this SLAP thread).
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #134
JT
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Elgin, Texas
Oddometer: 339
.gpx limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroRdr View Post
What no pics? - you know the motto - it never happened

Gonna be up that way in a few weeks for about a week of riding - I was lookin for some good tracks to ride right in that area.
Maybe you could share the gpx? And any comments about some epic sections for our group to visit would be welcome.

If you want to share maybe you should PM (don't want to hi-jack this SLAP thread).

I don't mind sharing, but ADV only allows a maximum of a 1.8mb file as .gpx. This file has grown to 8mb. Send me your email address in a pm and I'll forward the file.
As for pics, we have done a few reports on TWT(I'm JT on TWT), but most of the time we're too busy riding to stop for pics. :)
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #135
craftycoder
Motobrain PDU
 
craftycoder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by JThompson View Post
I don't mind sharing, but ADV only allows a maximum of a 1.8mb file as .gpx. This file has grown to 8mb. Send me your email address in a pm and I'll forward the file.
As for pics, we have done a few reports on TWT(I'm JT on TWT), but most of the time we're too busy riding to stop for pics. :)
If you put them on dualsportmaps.com you can post them here in an interactive way and make them easy to share. Plus as you make changes everyone else will see them too.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014