Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #361
Domromer
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
Forward sloping is the worst! My Vstroms stock seat was the same. I've had good luck with sargent seats if you are thinking about going aftermarket. Corbins are nice but they weigh a ton and everyone of the 3 I've had have fit terribley.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #362
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,164
It seems that nearly all Suzukis have nut crusher seats.All my GS's have them.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #363
Domromer
Desert Rat

I think I'm up 9 bikes now since I first started riding at 21. The only stock seat I've ever been able to get more than an hour of comfort on is the Silver wings seat. It's got a good firmness to it but not hard like a corbin

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #364
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
I think I'm up 9 bikes now since I first started riding at 21. The only stock seat I've ever been able to get more than an hour of comfort on is the Silver wings seat. It's got a good firmness to it but not hard like a corbin
And I thought my six was a lot of bikes.I plan to redo my seats.I just gotta come up with the dough to buy the supplies.Corbins do seem a little stiff but not uncomfy.Of course,I'm a fat guy so I compress the stiffest foams.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #365
Domromer
Desert Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
And I thought my six was a lot of bikes.I plan to redo my seats.I just gotta come up with the dough to buy the supplies.Corbins do seem a little stiff but not uncomfy.Of course,I'm a fat guy so I compress the stiffest foams.
The worst part is I keep buying the same bikes! I'm on my second klr and my second Vstrom. It's been a process of figuring out what I want in a bike and what fits my lifestyle. I used to not own cars and just have bikes. Now my job requires me to tow a trailer everyday so I own a van. Pretty much the van stays parked all weekend and and most afternoons. Right now what I'd like is a bike that I can ride all day in comfort and bring all my gear. I've narrowed that bike down to a Goldwing. My plan is to sell the business and the van next spring and go back to just having a bike. Hopefully if all goes well that new bike will be a Goldwing. Also maybe a Small scooter depending on my commute... Shoot sorry bout the thread jack. Back to the fury of the zuna/versys.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #366
cbolling OP
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,711

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #367
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Quote:
The worst part is I keep buying the same bikes! I'm on my second klr and my second Vstrom. It's been a process of figuring out what I want in a bike and what fits my lifestyle. I used to not own cars and just have bikes. Now my job requires me to tow a trailer everyday so I own a van. Pretty much the van stays parked all weekend and and most afternoons. Right now what I'd like is a bike that I can ride all day in comfort and bring all my gear. I've narrowed that bike down to a Goldwing. My plan is to sell the business and the van next spring and go back to just having a bike. Hopefully if all goes well that new bike will be a Goldwing. Also maybe a Small scooter depending on my commute... Shoot sorry bout the thread jack. Back to the fury of the zuna/versys.

All six of my bikes are GS500E.I think it's in the water.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #368
Domromer
Desert Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post

All six of my bikes are GS500E.I think it's in the water.
That was the bike that got me into motorcycles. A friend and I went to go see a mountain bike race, it was a three hour train ride or we could take his 95 GS500. Man I was hooked after that. I got my license a year later.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #369
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Quote:
That was the bike that got me into motorcycles. A friend and I went to go see a mountain bike race, it was a three hour train ride or we could take his 95 GS500. Man I was hooked after that. I got my license a year later.
All the bikes I've road over the past 25 years,and I became hooked on the GS500E.Plenty of better bikes out there but it's just something about the simplicity and reliability of these bikes that keep me coming back.Except my daily rider,it's pissing me off lately with all it's gremlins.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #370
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,826
I owned a '95 Suzuki GS500E. Bought it back in around '97 as a scratch and dent model with a couple hundred miles on it. Didn't look like it had been dropped, just bumped into a few times. It was one of those bikes I wish I had never sold. The Suzuki GS400/425/450/500 were one of the most bulletproof engines ever made. I had previously owned an '80 GS450L, and just couldn't kill it. The E model was also a nice looking bike, unlike the wannabe GSXR F model.

As far as Corbin goes, they will never get another penny of my money. I put a Corbin on a 2001 KLR650, and it was so bad I sold it at a nearly $200 loss, and put the stock one back on. Very expensive lesson learned.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #371
jdgretz
Looking for new places

Oddometer: 940
Just found this thread and am slowly getting caught up.

As you can see from my sig, I too have a scooter along with other stuff(tm). I can't believe it's legal to have as much fun on two wheels as I have on Zippy. I love the Norge, but the Helix is just stupid fun. The giggle factor is off the scale. It's a shame there are not roads like you have in my area - at least not close by. I'd love to ride more on the scooter but it takes so long to get to the fun stuff (unless I'm chasing down sport bikes in the Santa Monica Mountains ).

Here's hoping the Zuma lives a long life with you.

jdg
'76 Honda CJ360T
jdgretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #372
kiznile
Scooter Commuter

Oddometer: 59
WOW, this looks like a lot of fun!

I'm not all the way through your thread yet, but I'm interested in doing this in Northern California. Any idea what this is "Called?" I've been "googling" around the area, but I cant seem to come up with any solid results.
kiznile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #373
cbolling OP
Here...Hold my Beer.

You kind of lost me. What is what called? This thread? I would call it sort of a blog and a ride report combined.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #374
cbolling OP
Here...Hold my Beer.

Super nice weather today in South Carolina. I rode the Versys to work today but I think I will ride the Zuma for the rest of the week.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #375
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,610
CB

you are in a big dilemma... I like both of the bikes you have, and I think you should keep them both, of course if money is an issue (as it is for most) sell one.

That versys is looking better and better. I would like one also, and I will have to put it againts the DL650 of the new hondas CB500's. I know about the DL650 as the best for 2 up touring, but then again I think this year my wife has been on the KLR like 2 times! so I don't think I need a 2 up bike for the 2 times she get's on.... it would be nice. So this coming weekend I will go to the IMShow in Long Beach to see what are the new models for 2013!

Cheers amigo!

Damasovi