Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #166
Rodzilla
Horny as Hell

Oddometer: 1,438
Quick and unofficial review.

I ordered a 3 pack and a trial pack.

I will state up front, that the initial "insertion" was a bit different from using standard foam plugs. Once past the " just relax and enjoy it" stage, it was a positive experience

I had the the opportunity to use the plugs for both shooting and riding (dirt).

Day one consisted of range shooting everything from 7.62 to .223 to .22, as well as .357, .40. 9mm both long guns and pistol shooting. I found the plugs to be sufficient enough in sound deadening that I did not have to use traditional "muffs". Had no issues nor "ringing" even with the larger calibers. It did take a couple of tries to get the plug shaped right and the depth of insertion correct, but once in place, I pretty much forgot I had them in.

Day 2 and 3 I wore the same plugs on two days of trail riding. I was on a KTM 450 EXC (which usually blow around 94-96 dB, I'm certified in doing the Forest Service sound checks)

The plugs did a fine job of masking both wind noise and bike noise.

There were two down sides, both are minor.

1. They almost work too well if you stop and talk a lot. If they are pressed in enough for "maximum supression" you may find the need to remove your helmet and remove at least one plug to BS on the trail (on the plus side they are blue, so you can find them after you drop it in the dirt )

2. I found it a bit difficult to keep the plugs "just right" when putting on or taking off my helmet. You kind of work the plug in to get your desired effect, that changes a bit as you put on your lid. Not a huge deal but it can be a pain if you are sensitive and have to readjust.

For Shooting I give the plugs an A

For Riding...a B+ (A for serious noise deadening though!)

Just my experience, your mileage may vary!
Certified SAE J1287 sound tester

Rodzilla screwed with this post 04-01-2011 at 08:28 AM
Rodzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #167
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by World'sBestEarPlugs View Post
Anyone else have an opinion on another color?

Additionally, the powers that be are discussing the idea of providing a round case to carry our ear plugs around, and we need some customer feedback. Would you all prefer a round twist-off case, or a round case with a hinge on it?

The colors don't really matter to me, either, but it would be nice to have the option of contrasting colors within each pair . At first I leaned towards Yellow, but am guessing yellow might show grime a bit more, so maybe a darker color. I don't know what colors are mixed up by those that are color blind, but red, dark orange, medium green or even just a noticeably different shade of blue would all seem to be good choices. I think it would make sense to stay away from colors that are hard to find if dropped like brown, dark green, black, beige, sand, etc.

As for cases, a connected top would be easier to keep track of, but stay away from fragile hinges. A once piece molded/attached flip top would work great. Similar to the below pictures. I like the idea of two separate side-by-side parts to the container similar to the look of eye contact lens cases, too, so maybe a hybrid of that side-by-side layout with the connected snap caps like these cases rather than separate twist off lids like most contact lens cases.

Also, it would be nice to have some larger images of your earplugs available on the website. All the ones that I found were tiny 1" or 2" wide images. It would be nice to see some 500 - 700 pixel wide images. I know there is not much to show, but if most buyers are like me, a tiny image doesn't have the same impact as a larger image. Here are some examples of the largest images I saw on the website...pretty tiny. A demo video would probably help answer some questions, too. Show how to warm them up, insert them in your ear (and how NOT to insert them), and show them in the ear. Would do a lot to help folks understand since you ear plugs need to be inserted and used differently from what many ear plug users are used to.

Chadx screwed with this post 03-31-2011 at 04:13 PM
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #168
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
@Chadx: Great feedback, thank you so much. I hadn't thought of some of that, but I couldn't agree more. Like all the other input we've gotten from you all I've passed it on, and hopefully once the execs finish up this hellish tax period we can get moving on implementing all your suggestions. Again, thank you so much.

How's everyone who put in a recent order feeling about our plugs? Any thoughts to add? We really can't thank you all enough for your business and all the suggestions you've provided for how we can make our product even better.
Inmate review of the month: "Hands down the best plugs I have ever used. I have tried almost everything-- even spent hundreds on molded ones-- and these fit perfect, block out all wind noise and are so comfortable... Now I have found what I had been searching for." -H2O, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661639&page=17
Beneficial Products, Inc.; www.earplugsonline.com
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #169
Budo675
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 858
Ordered the sample pack. I hope it works well...

My main issue with my usual plugs (hearos) is that they lose their moldable characteristics within a week or so. It seems like your plugs may be different in that regard. If I like it I'll pass the word around

Thanks.

Budo675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #170
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Unlike our "World's Finest Natural Ear Plugs"/"Mighty Plugs" (the name depends on where in the world you're ordering from), hearos aren't made to be moldable. Ours, unlike any other ear plugs on the market, are specifically designed for the purpose of being moldable and custom-fitting; even the other wax ear plugs around aren't similar at all. No matter how long you use the same pair of our ear plugs, they'll remain moldable and custom fit to your ear with just a little bit of kneading. The only real reason to swap in for a second pair-- and some people never do-- is if they've gotten dirty.

The combination of beeswax, cotton and lanolin in our ear plugs is entirely unique and unlikely ever to be replicated given the recent sharp increase in the price of beeswax and lanolin. These materials make our ear plugs soft and moldable with heat activation, and the lanolin oil provides tackiness so that our ear plugs seal to your ear, rather than expanding in your ear canal and putting pressure where it doesn't belong. It's that sort of pressure which makes your ears hurt after wearing other brands of ear plugs, and which makes your ears feel uncomfortable and itchy while you're wearing them. The reason ours are more comfortable than any other ear plugs out there is primarily due to the fact that they don't expand once inserted or exert any pressure on your ear at all.

Hope you enjoy 'em. And if you do, recommend us on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Benefi...00215409989199

Thanks again everyone for all your business, we really appreciate it.
Inmate review of the month: "Hands down the best plugs I have ever used. I have tried almost everything-- even spent hundreds on molded ones-- and these fit perfect, block out all wind noise and are so comfortable... Now I have found what I had been searching for." -H2O, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661639&page=17
Old 04-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #171
addisb
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Sorry if I'm raining on anyone's parade here but I bought a pack of 16 having read all the blurb and I don't like them at all . Uncomfortable..very.. like a blob of sticky kid's play dough in your ear and if you move quickly or yawn or sometimes even putting on a crash helmet etc.. you loose the seal and then they are just as effective as cheap soft plugs. Have tried them again today for the fifth and last time.. just my opinion.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #172
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Sorry to hear about your disappointment-- it's really rare that we hear from anyone who isn't astounded, so that's really upsetting. May I ask if you've been making sure to insert them properly? It's a unique insertion process, and some people have trouble putting them in the right way, which may account for your losing the seal. If whatever you've been doing isn't working, try twisting them into a cone-like shape before inserting them-- that's been a consistent solution for a lot of people in the past. Realistically, when they're properly inserted the ear plugs do not lose their seal if you yawn, move, roll around or do anything else. They're among the most popular ear plugs for serious swimmers for that reason-- once inserted properly, they just don't go anywhere even with heavy drag resistance from water.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #173
Budo675
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 858
Just got mine in the mail today.

First impression: Much bigger than I expected. My first attempt to insert them resulted in a moderate amount of pain. I had twisted them into a cone shape and tried to shove it into my ear canal. It felt like I was compressing the air into my ear drums and it hurt. Then I tried following the instructions .

Kneaded the plugs, pressed it flat against my ear and ear canal. I think it's supposed to fit much like these custom fit earplugs:

Sitting down in front of my computer it feels like they have a very good seal. Maybe a little too good, because I occasionally have issues with sound isolating earphones causing a vacuum seal and hurting my inner ear.

I will have to ride in them on the way to work tomorrow to give a more conclusive review on them. Hoping for the best

Budo675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #174
val48val48
Kawasaki Z900

Oddometer: 18
New Formulation ???

I purchased my Mighty Plugs about 1 3/4 year ago. Have you changed the formulation since that time ?? If so, what improvements have you made ??

Thanks,

Gary
val48val48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #175
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by val48val48 View Post
I purchased my Mighty Plugs about 1 3/4 year ago. Have you changed the formulation since that time ?? If so, what improvements have you made ??

Thanks,

Gary

Yes sir-- I'm happy to be able to report that our ear plugs did in fact recently get upgraded. The most noticeable difference you'll find is that more material has been added per plug, which is great for those of us (myself included, I use them everyday) who became accustomed to splitting each plug in half and using one of them as a full pair anyway. You'll also find that the plugs become even softer than the last version did, and that they're also just slightly more tacky than they were before, allowing for an even more robust seal.

Hope you enjoy 'em, we'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #176
slyeager
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Got a set and if you divide one in half it is plenty for one ear. Great when you know they will be in for a long time. They do take a little more to get in/out then foam. I often wear plugs for sleeping and these work great for that.
slyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 AM   #177
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,510
Can you post a picture of someone with the plugs properly inserted?
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #178
OaklandStrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
Perhaps I've missed the answer, and I apologize if I did.

I've seen the question come up twice, but have yet to see an answer - what the country of origin for the materials is, and where they are manufactured.

Thanks
OaklandStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #179
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandStrom View Post
Perhaps I've missed the answer, and I apologize if I did.

I've seen the question come up twice, but have yet to see an answer - what the country of origin for the materials is, and where they are manufactured.

Thanks
Been trying to pin down the details of our most recent batch for you, sorry about the delay. The materials come from all over, but mostly from US companies to the best of my knowledge. Manufactured, processed and sold from Ashland, Oregon.

I'm also trying to get some new pictures for you, and with some luck they'll be forthcoming soon.

Hope all of you who recently put in orders are as pleased with them as most of the rest of the inmates have been. We'd love to get your feedback if you have a chance.

Thanks so much.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #180
espressodrinker
Cape Town Wanderer

Oddometer: 195
Fantastic Plugs

Just tried out my sample pack.
Fantastic.
Comfortable, good sound blocking.
Good product.
espressodrinker is offline   Reply With Quote