User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #196
txrider2
Hug the road

Oddometer: 170
Warning... Be aware

I have used these beewax earplugs for a while now. My last experience wasn't that great... I wore these for > 4 hrs straight in 85-95F sunny weather. I was hot and sweating in my helmet. Once stopped for lunch, I took these out of my ears... Well I tried. Since the wax got warm, it felt like they were melted. I couldn't pull the entire plug out in one piece since they were extremely soft and pieces of the wax stayed behind in my ear. While I could clean the outer part and cavities of my ears myself, some wax ended up inside my ear canal. Using Q-tips made it worse, as the wax was pushed further inside the ear canal instead of coming out. I had to seek professional medical help to get my ears washed out. Needless to say, I won't be using these again.
txrider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #197
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
I'm so sorry to hear about that-- in fifteen years of business and after having sold tens of thousands of these ear plugs, I'm tremendously sorry to be hearing about your exceptionally rare experience.

This is probably a good time to remind everyone (again) to make sure to read and follow the directions we've included on the packaging. Our ear plugs are designed to rest predominantly outside of your outer ear, with a small portion filling and blocking the initial part of the ear canal. They should NOT be pushed in as far as you can get them like traditional foam plugs. Our ear plugs are not meant to be inserted that way at all. Please, please read the directions.

Despite all this, we're happy to keep hearing such overwhelmingly positive feedback from so many inmates and we're so happy to be able to serve your needs. Thank you all so much, as always.
Inmate review of the month: "Hands down the best plugs I have ever used. I have tried almost everything-- even spent hundreds on molded ones-- and these fit perfect, block out all wind noise and are so comfortable... Now I have found what I had been searching for." -H2O, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661639&page=17
Beneficial Products, Inc.; www.earplugsonline.com
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #198
Spartandude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Before you read my review I have a caveat; I am really, really picky on ear plugs.

What I have tried before:

32 dB hearos foam ear plug; adequate for one or two insertions.
28dB army issue three flanged; crap, hurts my ears and doesn't block enough sound.
32 dB EAR classic. My favorite, no discomfort (to me) and the best attenuation I have found. Only good for 2 to 3 insertions before a noticeable decrease in performance so I replace them 5 times a week, which gets old and I have to bring extra pairs per day on day trips.
+$100 custom molded ear plugs. Tried two different companies, multiple remakes for both companies; open jaw, closed jaw and really open jaw. No good. The plugs would tease me with amazing attenuation when I pressed in and mechanically sealed it against my ear and crap attenuation when I stopped pressing.

So my search continued and I saw this thread. I am glad I only spent the $4 on the trial pack. It just isn't for me. They have much better attenuation than the mil issue plugs, about the same as the Hearos and less attenuation than the EAR classics. It takes me longer to put them in and the feel is odd. I could have gotten used to them, but the attenuation was less than the EAR classics.

Overall I am not going to go with them, but they would rank the second best ear plugs I have ever used and they are reusable. I will keep my trial pair on the bike for emergency use, but I am going to continue using the EAR classics. Thank you for a good product and a reliable back up.

Remember YMMV.
Spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #199
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 759
50+ days, 5k+ miles, 100+ Degree heat

And the same plugs I started with are the ones I'll be using tomorrow.

I left Seattle on April 2nd, and am in the Yucatan Peninsula now. I wear these ear plugs every single day that I am on the road, and often when I'm sleeping as well.

I've gotten the insertion and removal of the plugs down to a science, and keep them in an old contact case, to keep them separate. (I read of another inmate doing this and took heed)

I gave a pair to my riding partner Tom, and he uses them even more often then I do.

The last 3 days in a row have had us on the bikes for over 5 hours each day, in temps starting at 80 degrees and sometimes reaching past 100.

We haven't had any problems yet.

Excellent product.

When my girlfriend flies down to visit, she'll be bringing multiple pairs with her to replace my used but fully serviceable pair.

Thanks for an excellent product.

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #200
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
And the same plugs I started with are the ones I'll be using tomorrow.

I left Seattle on April 2nd, and am in the Yucatan Peninsula now. I wear these ear plugs every single day that I am on the road, and often when I'm sleeping as well.

I've gotten the insertion and removal of the plugs down to a science, and keep them in an old contact case, to keep them separate. (I read of another inmate doing this and took heed)

I gave a pair to my riding partner Tom, and he uses them even more often then I do.

The last 3 days in a row have had us on the bikes for over 5 hours each day, in temps starting at 80 degrees and sometimes reaching past 100.

We haven't had any problems yet.

Excellent product.

When my girlfriend flies down to visit, she'll be bringing multiple pairs with her to replace my used but fully serviceable pair.

Thanks for an excellent product.

--Alex
Thank you so much for the incredible review, and please forgive me for taking awhile to respond (I've been out of town for a bit). By chance would you permit us to post your testimonial on our website? Also, if anyone else would like their review posted please let me know. Thanks again.
Inmate review of the month: "Hands down the best plugs I have ever used. I have tried almost everything-- even spent hundreds on molded ones-- and these fit perfect, block out all wind noise and are so comfortable... Now I have found what I had been searching for." -H2O, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661639&page=17
Old 06-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #201
CalGSer
Robust Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Just ordered my sets, can't wait to try them. Like most, have tried multiple sets with mixed results, the best so far for me is the Etymonic 6i for use with/without music/gps.

CalGSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:14 AM   #202
marcelp
Luctor et emergo

Oddometer: 9
just ordered some plugs to try. shipping all the way to Holland.
marcelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:27 AM   #203
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by World'sBestEarPlugs View Post
Thank you so much for the incredible review, and please forgive me for taking awhile to respond (I've been out of town for a bit). By chance would you permit us to post your testimonial on our website? Also, if anyone else would like their review posted please let me know. Thanks again.
Curious - why do you think you are not having any issue int he heat with them melting/leaving pieces in his ear, but the other poster - any thoughts on this?
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #204
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,483
Wearing these off an on this Spring, not as much as I would like with the weather acting up. I find these earplugs to be comfortable and block external sound well. The only caveat is sound transmitted from the bike through the skeletal system seems amplified. I can hear the vibrating frequencies from my Ducati resonating in my ears. Not a deal breaker but different from other plugs. Insertion is not an issue, roll it around in to a cylinder and mash it into the outside part of the ear. Some gets pushed into the ear canal. I am interested to see how soft it will get when it is warmer as body heat does get it soft and stickier.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #205
marcelp
Luctor et emergo

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelp View Post
just ordered some plugs to try. shipping all the way to Holland.
Got mine in the mail this morning, gonna try it out this weekend. nice sticky stuff . never tried this before.

thnx for the fast shipment
marcelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #206
2armor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Is this stuff comparable to the soft formable 100% Silicon plugs for swimmers? I see these are made of beeswax cotton and lanolin. Just wondered if anyone could compare the two. thx
2armor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:34 AM   #207
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2armor View Post
Is this stuff comparable to the soft formable 100% Silicon plugs for swimmers? I see these are made of beeswax cotton and lanolin. Just wondered if anyone could compare the two. thx
They're similar in the sense that they can easily custom mold, but ours are literally the only ear plugs in the world which can "seal" the ear canal (rather than "stuff" it). They can do that due to the inclusion of lanolin as an ingredient, which provides a high level of tackiness that stays put and seals water out completely. Of course, for your purposes this sealing ability functions to very effectively block noise too.

How's everyone liking their trial pairs?
Old 06-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #208
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
After seeing this thread I found a two pair pack I have had in a drawer for 3-4 years. Never used, so I kneaded them, put them in my ear and I could not hear the tv the wife had turned up for a deaf man (maybe me)

If I didn't use earbuds with my Sena I would go back to using these and will still take them with me on rides "just in case"
Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #209
ggoytia
Mobile Fatso

Oddometer: 167
Talking

In for a trial pair and the traveler pack.

Paypal:
Paid to
Beneficial Products Inc.

Been using the walgreens brand clear ones. They have been great so Ill report back as soon as I get atleast a week in. For comparison.
ggoytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:35 AM   #210
britman
Britman

Oddometer: 279
Here's the email i just sent to the company

Dear Sir,

I purchased a Sample and Travel pack in preparation for a 6,000 mile motorcycle trip.

I'm very disappointed.

The feel of the plugs is very greasy and I can imagine any dirt on fingers is transmitted to the plugs whilst softening them

On a hot day the plugs became so soft that they were difficult to remove from my ears.

I also noticed that some of the pug material was left adhered to the ear surfaces.

I tried using them to aid in diminishing external noise whilst using audio ear pieces. The plug material had to be scraped off the ear pieces upon removal from my ears.

I also incurred an ear infection which resulted in a doctors visit. Upon cleaning out the infected ear the doctor asked me what dark material I had been putting into my left ear. I told him the only thing was your ear plugs and he determined that the dark goo in my ear was not of human origin.

PS I DID FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. I'm very good at reading instructions.
britman is offline   Reply With Quote