Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #211
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
I bought a set and I have quit using them. I found that they fit and worked great until I either moved my helmet around, or yawned, chewed gum, or anything else that caused the ear itself to move. The 'seal' broke free and the ear plug had to be reset....meaning I had to stop, remove helmet, and reseal the plug. Maybe it's just my.....

I went back to wearing the soft foam plugs and have no issues with comfort and they stay put no matter how many times I adjust my helmet or yawn or wiggle my ears....
Old 06-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #212
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Soliciting input from other inmates

@britman: Id personally like to express my most sincere apologies for your experience. I simply dont understand how that could possibly have happened, and Ive been in contact with our Vice President to try to figure out what the reason might have been. Were very much at a loss for an explanation given that weve sold literally hundreds of thousands of pairs of our ear plugs over the last decade and a half, and we just dont get complaints like this ever. Now having received a second report of this nature from another inmate (out of roughly 4000 purchases, but still) in a matter of months, I assure you that were doing our very best to try to figure out what could possibly have gone wrong. Again, I deeply apologize.

On the off chance that the problem comes from some confusion regarding our/my instructions, would it be possible for some other inmates to offer some input as to how you all have had such success with our ear plugs? Hundreds of inmates have sent emails, left comments and written PMs about how much you guys like our product over the last few months, so I suspect that you all might be able to do a better job of explaining how our ear plugs work for you on long rides than I can.

Thanks, as always.
Inmate review of the month: "Hands down the best plugs I have ever used. I have tried almost everything-- even spent hundreds on molded ones-- and these fit perfect, block out all wind noise and are so comfortable... Now I have found what I had been searching for." -H2O, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661639&page=17
Beneficial Products, Inc.; www.earplugsonline.com
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #213
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
My wife couldn't sleep last night, so she put on the TV in our room.

Ear plugs for the win.

I don't think I'm doing anything special with them. Last night I pulled out a new one, kneaded it, broke it approximately in half, and placed them in my outer ears. I use a bit of finger pressure to get it fairly level and smooth, and then around the edges to get a seal. Done.

I don't have any residue in my ears, the plug never really enters the ear canal (well, perhaps just a little bit, but not so that it's sealing in there), but I did wake up with a bit of blue schmutz under a too-long thumbnail.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #214
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post

50+ days, 5k+ miles, 100+ Degree heat

And the same plugs I started with are the ones I'll be using tomorrow.

I left Seattle on April 2nd, and am in the Yucatan Peninsula now. I wear these ear plugs every single day that I am on the road, and often when I'm sleeping as well.

I've gotten the insertion and removal of the plugs down to a science, and keep them in an old contact case, to keep them separate. (I read of another inmate doing this and took heed)

I gave a pair to my riding partner Tom, and he uses them even more often then I do.

The last 3 days in a row have had us on the bikes for over 5 hours each day, in temps starting at 80 degrees and sometimes reaching past 100.

We haven't had any problems yet.

Excellent product.

When my girlfriend flies down to visit, she'll be bringing multiple pairs with her to replace my used but fully serviceable pair.

Thanks for an excellent product.

--Alex
@britman: I suspect this isn't the least bit comforting, but just to reassure you that I'm being honest about this, our ear plugs were designed to work exactly as they did for bigalsmith (see above). Again, I'm so sorry for your experience, which I assure you is unbelievably rare.

@jdluke: glad to hear our mighty plugs are still working for you, and thanks for your feedback, as always. Btw, your avatar makes me laugh every time I see it
Inmate review of the month: "Hands down the best plugs I have ever used. I have tried almost everything-- even spent hundreds on molded ones-- and these fit perfect, block out all wind noise and are so comfortable... Now I have found what I had been searching for." -H2O, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661639&page=17
Old 07-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #215
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

New Orders

Thanks so much to everyone for the recent batch of orders-- so many inmates have made purchases over the last couple months that I continue to be surprised that there's anybody left who hasn't. (And a special thanks to anyone who's posted this thread on their regional page-- we really, really appreciate that.)

As always, if those of you using our plugs for the first time would be willing to offer some feedback we'd be really grateful.

Thanks again.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #216
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,578
Just ordered the sampler - we'll see if they are better than the green Max Lites.
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #217
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
Just ordered the sampler - we'll see if they are better than the green Max Lites.
Thanks so much for your order-- and definitely make sure to post your comparison test feedback once you get a chance to try them out. We love to hear how we're doing and what we might be able to do better. A lot of the suggestions from past inmates are in the pipeline, and as soon as we finish moving into our new manufacturing plant and get a new programmer you guys will see your suggestions being implemented firsthand.

Thanks again.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #218
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
We found a new use for these plugs on Monday. My town has a huge fourth of July fireworks show every year, and we get to sit very close to the action. The only drawback is the noise, and regular earplugs don't really fit into the tiny ear canals of young kids.

Enter my box of blue moldable plugs. I tore one into quarters and the size was just about right for the kids. Everyone got to enjoy the show without ringing ears.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #219
kmroxo
Reno Rider

Oddometer: 343
I just found this thread. I was all set to look up some audiologist and have custom made ear plugs or go with do it yourself kit from Radians. As these are less expensive, I will give them a try. Mostly I'm looking for something that is long lasting. I am fine with the noise control from standard foamies or the Max green ones, but I don't like having to have a constant supply because they get dirty and stop working well or just get nasty. Custom made and the Radians are washable, but we'll see how long these suckers last for me. Order just placed.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #220
mrphotoman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,050
I bought a sample pack a month or so ago, they did not have enough sound suppression for me (I only used one piece and divided it in 2 so maybe that was the problem?) But my girlfriend likes them and these are all she uses now when riding.
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #221
Testcase
Not to be trusted

Oddometer: 83
I tear a plug in half and then wrap each one around an earbud stem. Best I've found so far!
"Motorcycles and... stuff"

Testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #222
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,389
Ordered a six pack.

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #223
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Thanks so much to all you guys for all the new orders. If I may ask, what ear plug models did you use before, and how do ours stack up? Our main focus has always been on maximum comfort and noise reduction, but other input is always welcome.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #224
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
Been wearing the plugs for about 2 months now and just returned from an 1100 mile trip. Plugs work well and still using first pair. Wore generic foaam plugs before these and needless to say these are more comfortable.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #225
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchback View Post
Been wearing the plugs for about 2 months now and just returned from an 1100 mile trip. Plugs work well and still using first pair. Wore generic foaam plugs before these and needless to say these are more comfortable.
@switchback: Thanks so much for offering your feedback, and so glad to hear they're working so well for you. That's exactly the way our mighty plugs were designed to work, and we're really proud to be able to offer you a product that can suit your needs regarding noise reduction and comfort (and re-usability) so well.

If you can think of any, definitely make sure to let us know if you've got any suggestions too. Thanks again.