User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #256
warnabrother
.. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer: 2,022
mine arrived in Aus today thanks..

one thinkg to bear in mind is that after working them for a while to soften them.. your hands are a little sticky after.. other than that, they seem to blog out the noise nicely and seem very comfy..
Old 08-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #257
1200GSCanuck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
i have my earplugs now

my first experience with them sofar was similar to custom moulded earplugs. They act as sort of a membrane on a drum such that any type of wind flutter that comes in under my Shoei full face is amplified umpteen times to actually make things almost intolerable for me. A lott of drumming and deep bass sounds. I have thus gone back to cheapy orange foamy jobs which are much quieter, but i remain open to suggestions for trying them again. first shot was disappointing though.
1200GSCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #258
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200GSCanuck View Post
my first experience with them sofar was similar to custom moulded earplugs. They act as sort of a membrane on a drum such that any type of wind flutter that comes in under my Shoei full face is amplified umpteen times to actually make things almost intolerable for me. A lott of drumming and deep bass sounds. I have thus gone back to cheapy orange foamy jobs which are much quieter, but i remain open to suggestions for trying them again. first shot was disappointing though.
@1200GSCanuck: Are you certain that you're getting a proper seal? After being inserted as they were intended, our amalgam of highly effective noise-reducing materials should effectively be sealing off a large space between your outer ear and ear drum that drastically reduces the noise you hear.
Inmate review of the month: "Hands down the best plugs I have ever used. I have tried almost everything-- even spent hundreds on molded ones-- and these fit perfect, block out all wind noise and are so comfortable... Now I have found what I had been searching for." -H2O, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661639&page=17
Beneficial Products, Inc.; www.earplugsonline.com
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #259
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnabrother View Post
mine arrived in Aus today thanks..

one thinkg to bear in mind is that after working them for a while to soften them.. your hands are a little sticky after.. other than that, they seem to blog out the noise nicely and seem very comfy..
@warnabrother: The stickiness comes from the lanolin in the ear plugs, which is one of the three main materials in Mighty Plugs. They're sticky so that they can effortlessly seal the outer part of your ear canal, rather than do what the cheap foam plugs do (which is get pushed as far inside your ear canal as possible, then expand to try to fill up whatever space they can), As most of you are probably aware, foam plugs generally cause pain and severe discomfort because they put tons of pressure on areas where pressure doesn't belong.

In comparison, our Mighty Plugs put literally no pressure whatsoever on any part of your ear canal, which is why they're so freaking comfortable to wear no matter how long you keep them in. The only time people ever report any discomfort at all is when they shove our ear plugs into their ear improperly, because that basically pushes a bunch of air into your ear canal and vacuum seals it. If you follow the directions, you won't force any air into your ear and you'll enjoy a comfortable seal for as long as you have them in. After a few minutes, you won't even realize that they're there at all (except for the fact that you'll be extremely hard of hearing).

Thanks again, as always.
Inmate review of the month: "Hands down the best plugs I have ever used. I have tried almost everything-- even spent hundreds on molded ones-- and these fit perfect, block out all wind noise and are so comfortable... Now I have found what I had been searching for." -H2O, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661639&page=17
Old 08-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #260
OD_Cleaver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Did not work for me.

I tried these ear plugs today. Without my helmet on, I was very impressed. However, as soon as I put on my helmet, the seals between the ear plugs and my ears were broken.

I wear a full helmet. It fits snug like a good fitting helmet should. No, I do not have ears like the current resident of the White House.

I then worked my hand underneath the helmet and pressed on each plug until I got a good seal. This worked, but would be a PIA to do this each time. I have large hands and as I said before, a snug helmet,

At my next stop I tried pressing the plugs a little bit more into my ear. Putting the helmet back on this time did not break the seal. However, in about 10 miles the pain in my ears forced me to pull the plugs and go back to my foam ones.

Suggestions???
OD_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:01 AM   #261
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Are you using an entire plug in each ear? If so, that's probably too much and the helmet is likely to catch on 'em and change things. Half a plug in each ear is just about right for me.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #262
FirstLight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
I gave these earplugs a try for an hour ride. They were very comfortable; I could barely tell I was wearing any plugs at all.

Indoors, prior to my ride, the plugs seemed very, very quiet. Lots of isolation from normal sounds. On the bike though, I don't think they blocked as much wind noise as my normal Super Leight earplugs. I made sure they were seated well and it felt like they were still sealed properly after I took off my helmet.

I'll give them another try, maybe back to back with my normal plugs, but initial impressions weren't as good as this thread hyped them to be.
FirstLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #263
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
I've put 10k miles on these plugs

And only ever used a single pair for the last 4 months from Seattle to Colombia where I'm holed up now.

Misplacing my ear plugs last week was worse then leaving my shoes behind in Guatemala.

These plugs are awesome. My traveling partner Tom uses them as well. He too halves the plugs and uses only a partial amount in each ear. I've never had a better earplug thus far.

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #264
val48val48
Kawasaki Z900

Oddometer: 18
A Useful device

For anyone who has problems with any ear plugs dislodging when donning your helmet, try this - - - it made things MUCH easier for me. Just buy one of those skull caps or welder's head rag and wear it under the helmet. Your helmet will slide effortlessly over your ears and not dislodge the ear plugs.

The added benefit is that your helmet liner will stay clean much longer and your helmet will also slide off your head with ease.
val48val48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #265
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
And only ever used a single pair for the last 4 months from Seattle to Colombia where I'm holed up now.

Misplacing my ear plugs last week was worse then leaving my shoes behind in Guatemala.

These plugs are awesome. My traveling partner Tom uses them as well. He too halves the plugs and uses only a partial amount in each ear. I've never had a better earplug thus far.

--Alex
@bigalsmith101: Thanks for the amazing feedback (as always), and so glad to hear that they're still working so well for you. If you (or anyone else) have a local bikeshop that you'd like to see carry our Mighty Plugs, feel free to shoot me an email at bestearplug@charter.net and I'll try to reach out to them for you.

@val48val48: Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely share that one
Old 08-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #266
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC View Post
I love these ear plugs. I've used them for 3000 miles or more now. They are as comfortable as they can get and easy use. They also work well to hold in and seal ear buds when listening to music.

Thanks,

@LPC: Meant to say thanks for this great review, we really appreciate it.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #267
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC View Post
I love these ear plugs. I've used them for 3000 miles or more now. They are as comfortable as they can get and easy use. They also work well to hold in and seal ear buds when listening to music.

Thanks,
Thanks everybody for all the new orders. Any first time users have additional feedback they'd like to offer?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #268
uraberg
whosaberg?

Oddometer: 684
I bought the sample pack a little while ago.

I cannot wear foam style plugs because of my ear canals being very narrow, or curvy.

I've tried molding my own with a 2 part silicone putty, and while this helped some, they would never seal right, and were uncomfortable to wear for a long period of time.

Your plugs seems to be only ones that work for me. They stay put whenever I put my helmet on, or take it off. The noise reduction is simply phenomenal, and they remain comfortable all day.

I have actually cut the samples in half, and it works fine.

The one problem I have is that these can not be left in their case in a tankbag in the hot sun. They will get very soft, to the point of almost running.

I roll the plugs up in a little ball, and use it to cover my ear canal, rather than inserting it in there.
uraberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #269
Dan Diego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
PayPal purchasing process

Hello,

When buying via PayPal, why is it necessary to include our shipping info in the #3 area? That's what PayPal is for--it provides the seller with all of the buyer's info so redundancy is removed.

I'm not saying your site isn't as secure as PayPal, but I've used PayPal a long time and have never encountered problems. Whereby "other" sites have caused me considerable grief.

Will you look into amending the purchasing process to allow PayPal buyers to skip the #3 step in the process?

Thanks.

Danny

Insert the Name and address to where
your order will be shipped
Quote:
Originally Posted by World'sBestEarPlugs View Post
Thanks everybody for all the new orders. Any first time users have additional feedback they'd like to offer?

When I finished high school, I wanted to take all my graduation money and buy myself a motorcycle. But my mom said no. See, she had a brother who died in a horrible motorcycle accident when he was 18. And I could just have his motorcycle.

Dan Diego screwed with this post 08-17-2011 at 09:08 PM
Dan Diego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #270
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraberg View Post
I bought the sample pack a little while ago.

I cannot wear foam style plugs because of my ear canals being very narrow, or curvy.

I've tried molding my own with a 2 part silicone putty, and while this helped some, they would never seal right, and were uncomfortable to wear for a long period of time.

Your plugs seems to be only ones that work for me. They stay put whenever I put my helmet on, or take it off. The noise reduction is simply phenomenal, and they remain comfortable all day.

I have actually cut the samples in half, and it works fine.

The one problem I have is that these can not be left in their case in a tankbag in the hot sun. They will get very soft, to the point of almost running.

I roll the plugs up in a little ball, and use it to cover my ear canal, rather than inserting it in there.
@uraberg: Thanks so much for the great review, we really appreciate it. We're thrilled you love our plugs so much and we look forward to continuing to serve your needs in the future.