Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #271
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Diego View Post
Hello,

When buying via PayPal, why is it necessary to include our shipping info in the #3 area? That's what PayPal is for--it provides the seller with all of the buyer's info so redundancy is removed.

I'm not saying your site isn't as secure as PayPal, but I've used PayPal a long time and have never encountered problems. Whereby "other" sites have caused me considerable grief.

Will you look into amending the purchasing process to allow PayPal buyers to skip the #3 step in the process?

Thanks.

Danny

Insert the Name and address to where
your order will be shipped

Thanks for the insight-- you're absolutely right about that. I've told my boss about the issue and we'll do our best to take care of it soon. We're looking for a new website programmer right now and we're actually looking to revamp a whole number of things with www.earplugsonline.com when we find one, but that's definitely going to be on the list.

Thank you so much for your patronage, and make sure to let us know how our plugs work for you. And for all the first time users who love our Mighty Plugs as much as so many of the other inmates on this thread, here's another shameless plug for our facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mighty...989199?sk=wall

Also, if any of have got your own website and want to write us a review, just shoot me a message and I'll make sure to link to you. Thanks again everyone, we really appreciate all the feedback and we're thrilled to hear that our ear plugs are working so well for you guys.
Inmate review of the month: "Hands down the best plugs I have ever used. I have tried almost everything-- even spent hundreds on molded ones-- and these fit perfect, block out all wind noise and are so comfortable... Now I have found what I had been searching for." -H2O, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661639&page=17
Beneficial Products, Inc.; www.earplugsonline.com
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #272
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Thanks everyone for the new batch of orders over the last week. If any new users have any feedback they'd like to share, we're all ears
Inmate review of the month: "Hands down the best plugs I have ever used. I have tried almost everything-- even spent hundreds on molded ones-- and these fit perfect, block out all wind noise and are so comfortable... Now I have found what I had been searching for." -H2O, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661639&page=17
Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #273
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
And only ever used a single pair for the last 4 months from Seattle to Colombia where I'm holed up now.

Misplacing my ear plugs last week was worse then leaving my shoes behind in Guatemala.

These plugs are awesome. My traveling partner Tom uses them as well. He too halves the plugs and uses only a partial amount in each ear. I've never had a better earplug thus far.

--Alex

I'm not quite sure what triggered this, but we've gotten a whole bunch of emails recently from inmates who've told us that their Mighty Plugs work great for them at the shooting range too. So for all you firearms enthusiasts out there we thought we'd pass on a link to a couple of Mighty Plugs reviews from a gun forum:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f...nest-na-46253/

Seems we can't get anything BUT 5 star reviews these days. Except maybe for this thread's rating (so far)
Old 09-02-2011, 05:52 AM   #274
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
OK, just because you asked I rated it and what do you know? It's a five star thread now.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #275
CompAcc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLuke View Post
OK, just because you asked I rated it and what do you know? It's a five star thread now.
haha. add one more!

I have tried a lot of earplugs, and since I have small ear canals most of them cause a lot of discomfort. A riding buddy introduced me to these a couple years ago and I have been so happy with them - they are great!

Actually just this past weekend wore them at the Indy GP, then when my roommate turned out to be a snorer, I just popped them in and wore them all night with 0 discomfort (and I couldn't hear him!)

Wear them in the helmet all the time. And yes, they last forever (just don't drop them in the dirt!)
Old 09-02-2011, 07:15 AM   #276
dnrobertson
Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer: 692
Thumb

I bought a 10 (or 12) pack of these things months ago.

Shipping to Australia was quick and reasonable.

Up until last year I had some custom made plugs, but lost them (long story).

I have been wearing these since, and I won't be going back to custom made.

These are the most comfortable, quietest plugs I have used.

2005 KTM 640A
2008 Wee-Strom
dnrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #277
mary_o
n00b

Oddometer: 2
just ordered...am looking forward to giving them a try in my sensitive ears...
mary_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #278
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrobertson View Post
I bought a 10 (or 12) pack of these things months ago.

Shipping to Australia was quick and reasonable.

Up until last year I had some custom made plugs, but lost them (long story).

I have been wearing these since, and I won't be going back to custom made.

These are the most comfortable, quietest plugs I have used.
thanks for such a great review, and we're so happy to hear you like them so much. we're really looking forward to continuing to serve all your noise-reduction needs going forward.

also, thanks to everyone else for all the new orders. as always, please keep the feedback coming.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #279
Dan Diego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Please notify us when purchase directly via PayPal is possible. That's what I'm waiting for before ordering.

Thanks,

Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by World'sBestEarPlugs View Post
Thanks for the insight-- you're absolutely right about that. I've told my boss about the issue and we'll do our best to take care of it soon. We're looking for a new website programmer right now and we're actually looking to revamp a whole number of things with www.earplugsonline.com when we find one, but that's definitely going to be on the list.

When I finished high school, I wanted to take all my graduation money and buy myself a motorcycle. But my mom said no. See, she had a brother who died in a horrible motorcycle accident when he was 18. And I could just have his motorcycle.
Dan Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #280
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Diego View Post
Please notify us when purchase directly via PayPal is possible. That's what I'm waiting for before ordering.

Thanks,

Danny
@Dan Diego: Sure thing, and I really apologize for the delay in fixing that problem. As a sales representative I wish I had more control over things than I do, but unfortunately that's not the case. In any event, once this issue gets fixed you'll be the first to know.

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #281
maloryII
more north, more wet

Oddometer: 3,691
Man, I don't even care about the product -- you sold me on your enthusiasm alone.

Being an American consumer would be a joy if all companies paid their customers this much attention!

Good work, dude, I'll be ordering a few sets for sure

"The pen & sword, in accord."
"It's never over in a Rover."
maloryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #282
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloryII View Post
Man, I don't even care about the product -- you sold me on your enthusiasm alone.

Being an American consumer would be a joy if all companies paid their customers this much attention!

Good work, dude, I'll be ordering a few sets for sure
That's quite literally the kindest comment I've ever gotten. Thank you so much. Like our ear plugs, I'm very proudly made in America.

Hope you enjoy 'em.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #283
Skinny Moose
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Well I`ve used these plugs for about three weeks now, two weeks of commuting and a ten day 2000 mile trip, plus a couple of rides on my dirt bike. The first thing I noticed was a whole plug was more than I needed so I tore one in two and used half in each ear, this worked out great.

I have always had a problem with getting a good seal in my right ear with foam plugs, but these plugs seal up perfectly every time. The noise reduction seems to be on par with the better foam plugs I`ve used in the past, but these plugs can be used over and over.

I think these are the most comfortable plugs that I have ever worn. You can leave them in all day without any discomfort. They`re also very easy to put in and take out, can be used over and over, and last a long time.

The only negatives I can find are that they do get dirty pretty quickly. Not with ear wax, just with dirt from my hands. I`m a construction worker and ride bikes and wrench on them too, so having clean hands all the time is not a luxury for me. If you work behind a desk or something this may not be an issue. That said I don't think a little dirt will cause any problems because these things never really go inside your ear canal, they seal from the outside.

And, the case really sucks..

These are awesome plugs and I`ll be ordering some more for the wife and I.

Thanks for a great product

Mike.
Skinny Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #284
stevejack
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I found these extremely comfortable, and when I put them in off my bike they really block a lot of noise - very good for general use.
Under the helmet though, they seem to amplify noises. I have the same trouble with my silicone custom moulded plugs. In this situation, the foam plugs are actually better (although much less comfortable).

Helmet choice seems to affect it a lot (same as with my silicone plugs). I find the mighty plugs fine in my shoei dualsport helmet, and with my open face cheapy helmet, but not effective with my shoei road helmet.

But as far as plugs go - a great alternative to the custom moulded ones - much better sound suppression + more comfortable
stevejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #285
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
After a full year of wearing them, I have to say that these things work well. In extremely hot weather you have to slow down and take more care getting them out due to the heat softening them but no issue really. I am sold and will buy more in the future.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote