Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #76
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeve View Post
How do you mean "a bit off?" Just dont push them in far?
I don't know how other folks use these plugs, but the way I use them I insert them very little in the ear canal, basically they just block the entrance by pressing them slightly. Given how quiet they are, in town I don't mold them perfectly to my ear, so I can let some sound filter in. Alnother way to adjust them is by placing them perfectly in, then pull the ear slightly so it depresurizes or whatever, and voila, more noise passes through.

This was the main reason I tried these earplugs, so I don't have to use plugs that block the noise by expanding inside the ear canal, I don't like that on day long rides...

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #77
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Thank you all so much for your business. Do any of you who have already received our ear plugs have any feedback that you'd like to share? Do you have any suggestions regarding how we can make our ear plug even better for motorcycle riding? Or is there anything else that you'd like me to pass on to the company's executives?

Additionally, I've been authorized to offer you all the following deal to show our appreciation for your order: To anyone who has already bought our plugs and is willing to post a review, I'll send you a free single-pair pack (no shipping, no payment at all) that can be used as an additional carrying case. I've got about a hundred pairs to send out, and all you'd have to do is put up a review of our ear plugs someplace on the internet (on your own website or on another forum) and include a link to our webpage. Whether you review us favorably or not we'd really appreciate the feedback, and since you'd also be helping us get our name out there we'd like to reward you somehow. After writing a review, just shoot me a PM with the link to it (also include your shipping info), and I'll make sure to put a free pack in the mail for you as soon as I can.

Thanks from all of us here at Beneficial Products Inc. and www.earplugsonline.com. We take enormous pride in producing the best ear plug in the world for bikers, and we value your business and feedback tremendously.
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #78
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by World'sBestEarPlugs View Post
Do you have any suggestions regarding how we can make our ear plug even better for motorcycle riding? Or is there anything else that you'd like me to pass on to the company's executives?
I noticed your 24 pack costs more per piece than your 12 pack. Is there anyway to get a bulk order like that without having to pay extra for the case?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #79
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Right now the largest container we have is the 12-pack, but we do offer reduced bulk prices for larger orders. If you're interested in ordering 12 or more cases, the prices are as follows:

2-pair Travel Packs: minimum quantities of 12 packs for $4.00 per pack
6-pair Personal Packs: minimum quantities of 12 packs for $11.00 per pack
12-pair Large Value Packs: minimum quantities of 12 packs for $18.00 per pack

Anyone who's interested in a bulk order should either send me a PM here or contact me at: bestearplug@charter.net
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #80
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 1,034
I have a new pair you have have FREE

I ordered a set of the $1.95 samples ... opened them to take a look and I do not think these are for me. NEVER used them or even changed the shape of them. Just took them out of the pack, looked at them, realized how they work and think I will stick with my foam ear plugs which work fine.

So .... if anyone wants these to try let me know. FREE .... heck I will even pay postage.

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #81
eshaw
slow learner

Oddometer: 150
first dibs

PM sent

I actually ordered the travel set and the 1 pair set but will donate these to a friend. Thank you.

e
Old 02-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #82
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinNC View Post
I ordered a set of the $1.95 samples ... opened them to take a look and I do not think these are for me. NEVER used them or even changed the shape of them. Just took them out of the pack, looked at them, realized how they work and think I will stick with my foam ear plugs which work fine.

So .... if anyone wants these to try let me know. FREE .... heck I will even pay postage.
WOW .. that was quick !! They are off to a new home!

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 AM   #83
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,924
The plugs arrived Saturday in the mail. I used them Sunday for mowing the yard. At first, they felt a little wierd because of the size and the fact that they seem to have the consistency of Play Dough. However, once softened up between thumb and index finger, they went into the ears. I found they work very well at attenuating the sound of the Vtwin Kawasaki mower engine and the whine of three blades. Installation/extraction will take some practice, but once it becomes routine, it should go quicker. Thumbs up.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #84
BOBaloo22
Bald Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,763
I ordered the sample pack and one travel pack last Thursday and got them today. They look great and I can't wait to try them on the bike.
Thanks,
Bob
Old 02-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #85
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer: 7,027
Just saw this thread. I've tried these ear plugs 4 years ago during the First Annual Vstrom Gathering West in Sparks Nevada. The rep was there and I bought two sets. I usually wear silicone plugs made by North and very happy with them. Problem with them is after long distance riding my ear canals feel like they are on fire. I bought these to relieve that issue as I can mold them to fit my ear pocket instead of going into the irritated canal. They work great and are quieter than my usual plug. Only thing I recommend is that your fingers are very clean when using these or they end up like this.

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #86
Sunday Rider
Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer: 671
I ordered a sample and 2 travel packs. Will see how fast shipping is to get them up here.

I liked the foam ones so far, but one ear canal is narrower than the other, so looking forward to make these work.

If they are really too big, can't they be cut down or trimmed?

Will report how quiet they are when shoveling snow
Old 03-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #87
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
My Mom,

has small ears. Small enough so that she actually uses one ear plug for both ears. She just pulls the one apart, and utilizes both pieces separately. It still works just fine for her.

I rode my '95 Bmw K75 over 100 miles the other day, mostly freeway. The ear plugs were great. EXCEPT: when I came to my first stop sign 40 miles into the ride, I couldn't hear my bike running because the earplugs work so well.

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #88
Testcase
Not to be trusted

Oddometer: 83
Haven't ridden with mine yet, but they've done wonders with sleeping. Much more comfortable then normal foam plugs I tried for that and they stay in all night. And the sound blockage is top notch!
Testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #89
pbryon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Just saw this thread....I've used these plugs for about 2 years. They're the best ones I've ever used, and bought both the reusable and disposable sample packs from Aerostich to try a bunch of different ones.

If you still haven't figured out what these are like, its a bit like putting a plug of Play-Doh in your ear. Knead to soften, insert, use thumb and finger to seal.

Most comfortable to wear, blocks sound very well, but still lets you hear the things you have to hear.

Only downside to me is sometimes the seal will break if you yawn or move your jaw funny, if you know what I mean. Oh, and the earwax thing. Eventually they become gross enough to require replacement, but if you have clean ears, one pair will last a LONG time.
pbryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #90
mac inger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
Well here is my thoughts after having used these. Only for two days mind you: Yesterday 3 hour ride, today 6 hours. Ill start with the good and end with the bad:

Good:
1. They work. You know how when using foam plugs sometimes you get a perfect seal but not always ? With these its always perfect. Sounds just go away. Easy to wear. Just awesome.

Bad:
1. I have made sure to have spotless just washed hands any time i knead them for use. Second day now they are already kinda dingy looking.
2. The material is pretty sticky. Your hair will stick to it, so then you try to pull the hair out and u get chucnks of it in the hair. Your fingers will be a bit sticky after kneading.
3. When removing the helmet the stuff will stick and smear on the inside of the helmet and your ears. Went to an interview today with blue ears.

So in recap,..i really wanted these to be the ultimate solution, but they unfortunately arent,...for me. If you are riding a bike, your hands will get dirty. You will take the helmet on and off to talk to people or smoke a cigarette or whatever. You have to reknead insert, smear.

If you come up with a material that doesnt stick so much and especially smth that will harden a bit more so they will retain the shape more or less after you pull them out and so they dont smear, then you have a winner.

PS. If you just take the block of putty and slam it in your ear,..you will trap air in there which will be painful later. Mold a cone, tip shape out of it to insert in the canal and then flatten the rest around your ear.
mac inger is offline   Reply With Quote