User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Stinkyb OP
GS"eh" rider

Oddometer: 355
Salvage used body panels

Other than Beemerboneyard, are there any other sites that specialize in Selling reduced priced parts? and doesnt sound like ebay.

In point I would like to try to update my 06gsa to 08 upper mudguard, but dont feel the need to pay 500usd to change.
My uncle has an 08gsa and he refuses to let me try and see if it'll fit on my gsa baby
I do feel that it will work, may have to retrofit some bolt hole locations and obviously change out the upper tank panels.
Any pointed help would be appreciated.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
kevin g
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Try The Parts Haus in Long Beach, CA. (562) 590-4851
I have dealt with them a couple of times and was happy with the transaction.
kevin g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
rdcyclist
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,052
I'm doing the same sorta thing: Putting an 08 Adventure tank on my 05 base model GS. You'll need to change the cap along with the top skin at the very least. There are also some changes in the tank vents but I'm not far enough along to give you any advice about that. I think that's all. I'll know more in the next few days.

The only reason I'm doing the 08 tank is I got a KILLER deal on the tank and the price was good enough to obviate the cost of the other parts needed. At least that's what I keep telling myself...
rdcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
Stinkyb OP
GS"eh" rider

Oddometer: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcyclist View Post
I'm doing the same sorta thing: Putting an 08 Adventure tank on my 05 base model GS. You'll need to change the cap along with the top skin at the very least. There are also some changes in the tank vents but I'm not far enough along to give you any advice about that. I think that's all. I'll know more in the next few days.

The only reason I'm doing the 08 tank is I got a KILLER deal on the tank and the price was good enough to obviate the cost of the other parts needed. At least that's what I keep telling myself...
After comparing 06 upper mudguard shape and secure points with the 08, they look very similar. With any luck for me, I would only need the Beak and Side panels and perhaps forego having to change the whole tank panel and gas cap(bit more work on my part for just a new look)
Is there an email or website reference for "parts haus".

O RD, you better not buy my parts...I call them dibs
Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
rdcyclist
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,052
I remembered this little fine point last night as I was falling asleep: To update the cap, you're gonna need to update the tank. Unless you get a killer deal on one, that's gonna set you back a grand...

There is pretty much no easy way to make the 08 and up tank skin fit to the 07 and earlier cap. Completely different interface.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
rdcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
BMW Blair
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Check here!

http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/sources.html
BMW Blair is offline   Reply With Quote