Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #166
Lucky Explorer
Traveled the world

Oddometer: 299
Ah, interesting as I have read all of your posts on the collar and had assumed they were the same.
I have never had a problem with mine and wondered why I didn't. I'll compare them at Overland Expo
this weekend. And for 'Girl', I should mention I don't wear as overpants, just straight riding pants, if
that makes any difference.
Allen.
Lucky Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #167
wstarosta
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Klim Badlands in stock

[QUOTE=Scurich;17966872]Getting close to ordering my Badlands, but was having trouble finding one in stock somewhere to try on (never owned Klim before - made great use out of my Rallye 2 Pro and other BMW apparel over the years). As of today, Scuderia West in SF has a Black Badlands Pro jacket in XL, and some Latitude gear (jacket in L, pants in 34 and 36 reg length) on the floor... Fred was great helping me out by the way up

I just ordered the Badlands Pro jacket -grey in size large from Elk Grove Powersports - http://www.egpowersports.com/
wstarosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #168
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
[QUOTE=wstarosta;18709405]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurich View Post
I just ordered the Badlands Pro jacket -grey in size large from Elk Grove Powersports - http://www.egpowersports.com/
You may find they will come back to you and tell you the grey jacket is unavailable. Currently out of stock at Klim and Revzilla. I ended up with a black jacket/grey pants.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #169
vibenation
Out of Rat Race

Oddometer: 62
badlands jackets

I REALLY hope when I hit Revzilla Philly during the first week in June (up there for other things but can't miss a chance to check out the showroom) that they at least have a few Badlands and other Klim gear in stock that I can at least try on. I will be fully bummed if I can't even try them on, as in mid June I will be buying a set if they actually exist....from all i have read I am not sure they are real, seem to be made of unobtanium....
Booze and the blowens cop the lot."
vibenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #170
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
I just posted my first impressions of the Badlands on the blog

http://supertenere1200.com/2012/05/2...klim_badlands/

dcstrom screwed with this post 05-29-2012 at 12:05 PM
dcstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #171
a2ronm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
Nice discount...missed it when I purchased mine

MATH equation of the day:

Armored Motorcycle riding suit (worn) + TSA Checkpoint Body Scanner = Full body patdown.
a2ronm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #172
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,334
The past two weeks I've had the happy experience of riding under blazing sun at 104℉ and Rain mixed with Snow at 32℉. The Badlands Pro preformed flawlessly.

I never vent my Jacket's when it's that hot unless I'm standing still - you lose to much water and dehydrate quickly for the sake of comfort. But, I do vent the pants as it keeps my butt from getting to hot to ride. On the GS Adventure leg warmers come as standard equipment. Venting on the BP Pants works quite well standing and OK sitting. OK, OK, I did open the venting on the Jacket once for about an hour just so I'd know what it was like and I was actually quite comfortable at 104℉ while moving. Although with the vents open you'd have to have an IV to stay ahead of dehydration.

It was raining when I suited up at 6AM. After checking the weather in the pass, I wore my KLIM Inversion Jacket under the Badlands Pro. It fit perfect and there was no binding in the sleeves or body of the BP since the outer material of the Inversion seems to slide easily against the liner of the BP. What a great layering system and multi-function off-bike Jacket the Inversion is.

It's a pleasure to ride in weather when you have the right gear!

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #173
dwas4rs
No Time!

Oddometer: 6
Just got my Badlands From Dual Sport Plus in Stoney Creek Canada. Great suit although I think I'm between sizes. The folks there said to wash the suit before using it to take some of the stiffness out of it. I may have missed this, but does anybody have recommendations for washing these suits? I have never cleaned my RP3, so I'm new to this.
Thanks.
dwas4rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #174
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwas4rs View Post
Just got my Badlands From Dual Sport Plus in Stoney Creek Canada. Great suit although I think I'm between sizes. The folks there said to wash the suit before using it to take some of the stiffness out of it. I may have missed this, but does anybody have recommendations for washing these suits? I have never cleaned my RP3, so I'm new to this.
Thanks.
Just throw it in the washer and avoid detergent if you can and dry it on low.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #175
dwas4rs
No Time!

Oddometer: 6
Thanks. Much appreciated!
dwas4rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #176
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwas4rs View Post
Thanks.
According to W.L. Gore's website for Outerwear:

I've cleaned my Skiing, Hiking and Camping (Tent's) that use Gore Tex for years with very mild (Downey) detergents. After every couple of washings I use Nikwax TX.Direct Spray-On repellent. As above, Gore does not recommend "wash-in" repellent's.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #177
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
Just to be safe this is right off the KLIM web site, when I inquired about my Traverse KLIM said if you do not need to use detergent don't bother...but it looks to be OK if you need to in the end
CARE:

GORE-TEX® products are not only built to last, they're easy to take care of, too. Routine care and maintenance on your part will ensure the highest performance from them and extend their useful lifespan. WASH - Machine-wash warm (104° F/40° C). Powder or liquid detergent. No fabric softener. Follow manufacturer's instructions. DRY CLEAN - If professionally dry-cleaned, request clear distilled solvent rinse and spray repellent. Follow manufacturer's instructions. IRON - Steam-iron warm, placing a towel or cloth between the garment and the iron. No need to iron the garment until it is completely dry. BLEACH - No chlorine bleach. It may damage your garment. DRY - Tumble-dry warm. The heat from the dryer will help to reactivate the durable water repellent (DWR) treatment on your garment's outer fabric. WATER REPELLENT TREATMENT - Gore recommends applying a topical water repellency restorative (DWR treatment) for outdoor fabrics, available at your local outdoor retailer. We do not recommend wash-in treatments as they can affect the garment's breathability. STAIN REMOVAL - Use a pre-wash treatment such as Shout® or Spray 'n Wash®, following its manufacturer's instructions. Rinse well.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #178
okto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
badlands vs adv pants

been looking through a couple of threads and cant find the answer:

what is the difference between the adventure pants and the badlands pants?

has anyone tried on both? impressions?
okto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #179
cherrywaves
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Well I started a klim thread a moment ago and didn't see this one..... I just wonder how good of quality their stuff is. The scrambler pack I bought seems great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my thoughts
cherrywaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #180
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by okto View Post
been looking through a couple of threads and cant find the answer:

what is the difference between the adventure pants and the badlands pants?

has anyone tried on both? impressions?
I just called down to Revzilla and asked the same question. Spoke to one of the reps who owned both sets and the bottom line is the use of Superfabric instead of Cordura in certain areas, and the quality of the leather used on the lower leg.. Other than that.. nothing... Both use GoreTex 3 layer Pro for the goretex piece.