Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #181
dialdn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTBYK View Post
According to W.L. Gore's website for Outerwear:

I've cleaned my Skiing, Hiking and Camping (Tent's) that use Gore Tex for years with very mild (Downey) detergents. After every couple of washings I use Nikwax TX.Direct Spray-On repellent. As above, Gore does not recommend "wash-in" repellent's.

Cheers,
You can also use ReviveX which you can find at MEC. I bought some here in Ottawa.

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/MensCl...-repellent.jsp

D
Old 06-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #182
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Hey everybody,

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the awesomness that is the Klim Badlands Pro suit. But I'm kinda concerned with sizing. Has everybody found the Klim sizing charts to be accurate? I'm trying to get it right the 1st time. If I order by Tuesday, I should have it here for a ride I have planned. So any input is much appreciated.

I'm currently using Klim Dakar pants in a 38", and Klim Revolt jersey or jacket in XXL over my Thor compression suit.

Thanks alot.

Josh

Old 06-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #183
LoFlow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 956
I find the waist on the Badlands pants to run tighter than my Dakar and Traverse pants. They fit perfect, but I have to suck it up to get the Badlands snapped. Maybe just a one off problem, not sure as I wasn't able to try on another pair.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #184
QCRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
+1

Not sure about other Klim pants, but I just got the Badlands Pro jacket & pants, and the pants are kindda tight at the waist as LoFlow mentioned. Not sure if it was because I had too much "poutine" while I was visiting back home, but I also had to do the same "breathe in, zip up and snap" method, which is not very comfortable to be honest. So I went back to the store to try the one size over, but it was too big. Since I *really* wanted those pants, I told myself I could lose a few pounds and be comfortable enough (hey, women have their wedding dress - I have my Badlands pants! ). In the meantime, I'm going to try a small elastic string to hold them in place.

The jackets fits perfectly. I'm just waiting for a good downpoor to try it and see if it's really as waterproof as they say. I live in Central America, and it's the beginning of the rainy season now. That was the main seller point for me.
QCRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #185
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFlow View Post
I find the waist on the Badlands pants to run tighter than my Dakar and Traverse pants. They fit perfect, but I have to suck it up to get the Badlands snapped. Maybe just a one off problem, not sure as I wasn't able to try on another pair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCRider View Post
+1

Not sure about other Klim pants, but I just got the Badlands Pro jacket & pants, and the pants are kindda tight at the waist as LoFlow mentioned. Not sure if it was because I had too much "poutine" while I was visiting back home, but I also had to do the same "breathe in, zip up and snap" method, which is not very comfortable to be honest. So I went back to the store to try the one size over, but it was too big. Since I *really* wanted those pants, I told myself I could lose a few pounds and be comfortable enough (hey, women have their wedding dress - I have my Badlands pants! ). In the meantime, I'm going to try a small elastic string to hold them in place.

The jackets fits perfectly. I'm just waiting for a good downpoor to try it and see if it's really as waterproof as they say. I live in Central America, and it's the beginning of the rainy season now. That was the main seller point for me.
So to be clear the Badlands pants run on the tight side compared to the Dakars. This is with the waist adjusters all the way out? If my Dakars aren't overly loose, do you guys think I'd be better off going with a 40 instead of a 38? Be better for layering purposes, and the slack could be taken up with the waist adjusters? I also plan on using the Klim tactical shorts the majority of the time.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #186
QCRider
Adventurer

Can't speak for the Dakar pants because I haven't tried them on, but for the Badlands, in my case the 34 is a bit too tight (with adjusters all the way out), and the 36 was too big (with adjusters all the way in, even past the velcro!). It looks like if you fall in-between sizes like me, you're a bit screwed. That might be the one thing I could complain about those Badlands pants so far - the lack of adjustment at the waist line. Perhaps something Klim can improve in their designs in the future. You'd expect the 34 size to cover up to the 36 size with some adjustments.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #187
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
I tested the jacket for 20 mins on Friday when DC had a torrential downpour. Excellent! except... I got pretty wet on the inside of my right elbow. I gone over the jacket and zipped up all vents before I started, but seems I missed the last few teeth on the on on the right sleeve, hence the dampness.

A bit more concerning was a wet patch on my belly... not much but I don't think it should have been there. I guess the key is to make sure everything is cinched up tight. Try again next time!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #188
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,965
anyone own a medium badlands?
if so could you please measure the length of the front flap from the top of the jacket at the neck to the bottom. wonder what the height of a medium is.
thnx bill
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #189
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom View Post
I tested the jacket for 20 mins on Friday when DC had a torrential downpour. Excellent! except... I got pretty wet on the inside of my right elbow. I gone over the jacket and zipped up all vents before I started, but seems I missed the last few teeth on the on on the right sleeve, hence the dampness.

A bit more concerning was a wet patch on my belly... not much but I don't think it should have been there. I guess the key is to make sure everything is cinched up tight. Try again next time!

Tell Klim. The jacket comes with the Gore-Tex™ "Guarantee to keep you dry".

I wore my Traverse in multiple good-god-what-am-I-doing-riding-in-this-kind-of-rain for hours at a time and not a drop got in.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #190
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
^ +1 been there too...down pours in our Traverse not a drop...almost down pour in our Latitude, nothing...I would call KLIM too!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #191
QCRider
Adventurer

eakins,

My medium Badlands jacket has 25" in the front (collar to bottom).
Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #192
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCRider View Post
eakins,

My medium Badlands jacket has 25" in the front (collar to bottom).
thanks!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #193
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
Tell Klim. The jacket comes with the Gore-Tex™ "Guarantee to keep you dry".

I wore my Traverse in multiple good-god-what-am-I-doing-riding-in-this-kind-of-rain for hours at a time and not a drop got in.
Yeah I guess I should mention it to them and at least give them a chance to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I think the sleeve leak was user error, not so sure about the one at belly button level.

Forgot to mention, got some water down my neck, but that could have been because I didn't know where to grab for the cinch cord. The pull is to small to find by feel with gloves on.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #194
QCRider
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom View Post
I rode under the rain yesterday and experienced the same. I did not have time to inspect where the leak came from, but it could have been from the front zipper. I'm pretty sure I did not have it done all the way up, including the collar piece. I'll check again at the next downpour.

Other than that, everything stayed dry. Very happy with this jacket so far. Though, I wonder why they did not use a waterproof type zipper for the front? Perhaps these are not well suited for heavy/regular usage?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #195
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,709
With regards the zip - they're pretty expensive and known to be fragile both of which seem like good reasons not to include.

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote