Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #331
cchoc
Outdoor Photographer

Oddometer: 198
I've washed my Badlands jacket and pants (and a lot of other Gore-Tex stuff over the years) with Tech Wash and have never had a problem.
cchoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #332
a2ronm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Check out post #24: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=776081&page=2

After 8 months, some 15,000 miles of daily all weather riding I've yet to machine wash my suit, however I have showered with both the jacket and pants to degrunge the insides. Dripped dried afterwards.,

DWR is still working fine.
a2ronm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #333
V-Stormer
Bush Basher

Oddometer: 101
Still staying dry . . . waterproofness report.

Well, it's been a while since I posted, and unfortunately I haven't had a chance to ride a full day in heavy weather, but I've had some pretty serious commutes since my last post with heavy rain, wind and road wash. Not a drop got in.

So I think the leaking problems some have had might be anomolies, even though they've had more than one jacket that leaked. I can't imagine that in some of the weather I've been in that if there was even a chance it could leak, it would have.

Badlands gets my vote as a good weather proof suit . . . I guess this summer will be the deciding factor on an all-round adventure suit good for warm weather as well.
V-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #334
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,663
Anyone got any experience they want to share on the armour in the trousers/pants?

Have been thinking about getting some Badland trousers to go with the jacket... but I took a pretty hard fall a couple weeks ago and came out remarkably unscathed apart from a decent bruise on the inside of me knee that pretty much follows the line of the armour, giving me an idea how much it might've hurt if I'd not hard such good armour on!

My current trousers are BMW Rally Pro's. Based on the jacket, I'm wondering if the Badlands trousers would've done such a good job of taking care of me...

Thoughts?

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #335
telejojo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
I have a Toumaster trans. 2 jacket and I have rode in rain,cold and heat and I cannot believe a jacket cost 900.00 I don't know what it can do more unless a BJ.I'm sure it's a good jacket but I just can't see that much money for a jacket.
telejojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #336
cardoctor1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by telejojo View Post
I have a Toumaster trans. 2 jacket and I have rode in rain,cold and heat and I cannot believe a jacket cost 900.00 I don't know what it can do more unless a BJ.I'm sure it's a good jacket but I just can't see that much money for a jacket.
bj and a reach around
IBA#35592
RIDE EVERY RIDE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST
00 R1150GS
cardoctor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #337
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoctor1 View Post
bj and a reach around
I better call my supplier 'cos I never got those with my jacket!

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #338
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Stormer View Post
Well, it's been a while since I posted, and unfortunately I haven't had a chance to ride a full day in heavy weather, but I've had some pretty serious commutes since my last post with heavy rain, wind and road wash. Not a drop got in.

So I think the leaking problems some have had might be anomolies, even though they've had more than one jacket that leaked. I can't imagine that in some of the weather I've been in that if there was even a chance it could leak, it would have.

Badlands gets my vote as a good weather proof suit . . . I guess this summer will be the deciding factor on an all-round adventure suit good for warm weather as well.
Depends on what you call "warm weather". Badlands is quite a steamer if you get above 75 degrees.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #339
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Remember when you clean gortex, place in hot hot dryer to dry, this resets the membrane.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #340
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,900
Quote:

How many Klim threads are you going to post this revelation in?

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #341
Mr_Gone
Innocent Culprit

Oddometer: 3,797
Quote:
Klim with Gore-Tex = Guaranteed to Keep You Dry. For life.

Ten years from now, if my Badlands stops being waterproof, I'll return it and get a new jacket, or they'll repair it. I suspect you'll be buying your third Tourmaster Transition.

Oh, I got a BJ this morning. I don't know if it had anything to do with the jacket or not. Just saying.

Mr_Gone screwed with this post 12-12-2012 at 08:56 AM
Mr_Gone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #342
wizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 670
not sure if i missed this but anyone have a review of the armour in the badlands? i like the chest protector but im interested in the elbow shoulder coverage. anyone crash offroad? onroad?
thanks
wizz
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #343
vibenation
Out of Rat Race

Oddometer: 62
Look back a few pages in this thread, I flew over my handlebars, and rolled about 12 paces away from my bike while riding offroad and did nothing to myself or the badlands suit other than get it dirty. Amusing video link is there as well. Admittedly this was quite a low speed wreck, but the terrain was steep, full of loaf of bread size and bigger rocks, and I basically landed on my shoulder, rolled over my back and was good to go.
Booze and the blowens cop the lot."
vibenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #344
Mr_Gone
Innocent Culprit

Oddometer: 3,797
After a week of "We're trying to find your jacket order," my Badlands should arrive tomorrow. I actually have a Fedex tracking number, so there's something in that box, and it should be a Klim Badlands Pro.

Christmas is a couple weeks away, but this is a gift to myself for earning zero performance awards this year. Is it ridiculous that I'm impatiently tracking this jacket thru Fedex like CNN tracks Santa Claus on Christmas Eve?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #345
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,466
No