Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #391
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchoc View Post
I'm around 6' and 200# and a 36 pant and XL jacket fit fine. The pants may be a tad loose, which is OK since it leaves room for layering, but they are heavy enough that I'm getting suspenders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just ordered a set of the suspenders, too.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #392
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,411
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a set from Revzilla and they arrived today. I was expecting the jacket to be stiff and unyielding based upon some of the posts but it really seems rather soft and cuddly, then again I'm used to Motoports Kevlar mesh. I'm 6'2" with a 48" chest and 240 lbs and wear a 37" sleeve in a dress shirt so I ordered the 2XL jacket since my primary intent for this gear is cool weather and I wanted room to layer. Well there is room, plenty of room. The sleeves are just a bit too long but the elbow armor is in the correct spot? I'm still thinking about the size but I believe the XL would be too snug.

As I said earlier I'm used to the Motoport Kevlar and even though that jacket is mesh, the side panels are stretch so it fits snugly and the pants are stretch Kevlar so they really do fit more like jeans. These Badlands are going to take a little getting used to but I think they'll work super in cooler weather.

BTW, Revzilla was great. Ordered on Monday and delivered by Thursday.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #393
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 5,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a set from Revzilla and they arrived today. I was expecting the jacket to be stiff and unyielding based upon some of the posts but it really seems rather soft and cuddly, then again I'm used to Motoports Kevlar mesh. I'm 6'2" with a 48" chest and 240 lbs and wear a 37" sleeve in a dress shirt so I ordered the 2XL jacket since my primary intent for this gear is cool weather and I wanted room to layer. Well there is room, plenty of room. The sleeves are just a bit too long but the elbow armor is in the correct spot? I'm still thinking about the size but I believe the XL would be too snug.

As I said earlier I'm used to the Motoport Kevlar and even though that jacket is mesh, the side panels are stretch so it fits snugly and the pants are stretch Kevlar so they really do fit more like jeans. These Badlands are going to take a little getting used to but I think they'll work super in cooler weather.

You'll be thankful you went with the larger size. Once you start layering, the extra room will be needed. I have an XL and probably could have gone one size bigger and still been comfortable and have the jacket still fit.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #394
Core10metal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
I just don't feel sexy in my badlands gear...there I said it. Most unflattering gear I ever wore. Yes I know I'll be thankful when I'm sliding across the pavement at 80mph, but it still could have been more stylish, form fitting...sexy lollll
I ride a lot and I wear it a lot, not just on "adventures". So there are time when I'm walking into a bar or going to mall.
The only people looking at me are kids and men, but mostly kids.
When I wear Dianese I get looks from the opposite sex. It's funny that they notice utilitarian over stylish.
I think they would melt if I wore Rukka.
This is a light hearted convo so don't take me too serious. I love the badlands for its intended use and performance.
Core10metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #395
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,676
I feel sexy in mine.

But my pants are 32"s.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #396
bmac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:

What size pants did you order, and how do they fit? How much layering are you going to do?

For reference I am 6'3" 235 pounds 50" chest with a 37" sleeve. I ordered an XL jacket and 38 Tall pants. For layering the only thing I will use is my Gerbing heated jacket along with my Merino Wool shirt. The jacket still has a little room to spare. With this combination I am good for any riding conditions I may encounter. Several weeks ago I went for a long ride at 30 degrees and had the jacket at about 1/2 power. I was as cozy as I could be.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #397
V-Stormer
Bush Basher

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
You'll be thankful you went with the larger size. Once you start layering, the extra room will be needed. I have an XL and probably could have gone one size bigger and still been comfortable and have the jacket still fit.
Sizing is somewhat relative and personal. I bought a large and I'm 5' 8" and around 220 lbs (or so and dropping). I like my riding gear not to be too oversized in warm/hot weather. So I bought it a bit on the snug size with the intent of shedding some of that additional weight before the serious riding season begins and using a Gerbings full heated liner under it. Yeah, it's a bit snug for sure, but still comfortable. I don't need as much flexibility in the jacket in the winter anyway. In warmer weather with just a tee or long sleeve tee underneath in the spring/summer/fall, will be perfect. As for arm length/body length, that's a different matter. I think anyone on the taller side will need to consider that factor.

Going to a smaller size with heated gear is one option to avoid having to buy oversized gear large enough to put multiple thermal layers underneath and looking like some dwarf from the Hobbit. In comparison, $200 for a heated liner is nothing after spending $1200 on the jacket. Add the foil bubble wrap insulation trick I posted about earlier (to replace the front chest guards in cold weather) and you're cooking!

By the way . . . if anyone is looking for a water bladder for their jacket, Source makes a 1.5 liter Low Profile one that's only 3.5 cm thick (1.25") when full. You can also get an attachment to allow you to fill it from a bottle of water without having to open up the pocket. Nice feature!

Sure it's not quite as much volume as a 2L bladder, but it doesn't billow out like a single tube style and take up room under the jacket, nor slosh around as much. It's nice to just leave it in the jacket for road riding and light off-road. If I want more volume, I'll wear an external 3L pack. It's a bit wide, so 1/4" of the edges fold over at the widest point, but it doesn't cut down on the volume much. (A 2L size would be too big) I might open the seams of the bladder pocket at the widest point to allow the sides to relax, but I'm going to just try it like this for now.

V-Stormer screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 07:49 AM
V-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #398
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

I ordered a 38 regular pant and they are just right. The length is perfect. In cold weather I'll try a base layer with an outlast lining then use a light intermediate layer over that. There's room for more if needed or I can go to my heated jacket liner if needed.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #399
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Stormer View Post
Sizing is somewhat relative and personal. I bought a large and I'm 5' 8" and around 220 lbs (or so and dropping).
Go figure: I'm 6', 158lbs (steady), athletic, I could not fit my shoulders into the M, way too narrow, protectors pressing hard against the shoulders, L was the right size in the shoulders, but baggy in the rest. Also weird shoulder shape, very wide hips (I wear 29/34 or 30/34 jeans if I can find them, and yes, 34 is the length).

The Badlands fit seems to be for people with big, short necks, narrow dropping shoulders, big chest / belly areas, and short arms.

The pants were so so. Pants in 30 were okay in the hips, wide in the legs though, protectors in the completely wrong spots with the standard length. They didn't have long, but it would have to be something like 5 inches longer to sit exactly right, 4 inches to be okay, the 3 inches you get with the "long" (pffff) is likely not going to work for me. To put it that way: the stated length of 30 inches with the size "30" pants didn't even seem close to that length.

So far, all the Klim gear I tested was for short, wide people. Slightly disappointed by the lack of any slim / athletic sizes.
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #400
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Go figure: I'm 6', 158lbs (steady), athletic, I could not fit my shoulders into the M, way too narrow, protectors pressing hard against the shoulders, L was the right size in the shoulders, but baggy in the rest. Also weird shoulder shape, very wide hips (I wear 29/34 or 30/34 jeans if I can find them, and yes, 34 is the length).

The Badlands fit seems to be for people with big, short necks, narrow dropping shoulders, big chest / belly areas, and short arms.

The pants were so so. Pants in 30 were okay in the hips, wide in the legs though, protectors in the completely wrong spots with the standard length. They didn't have long, but it would have to be something like 5 inches longer to sit exactly right, 4 inches to be okay, the 3 inches you get with the "long" (pffff) is likely not going to work for me. To put it that way: the stated length of 30 inches with the size "30" pants didn't even seem close to that length.

So far, all the Klim gear I tested was for short, wide people. Slightly disappointed by the lack of any slim / athletic sizes.
You need to try Rukka or another European brand... your post makes you look like a total for calling everyone who wears KLIM fat and short OBTW, but I am sure you can fit your anorexic, skelotor, TDF riding ass into some of that European metrosexual gar. now go eat a bacon sandwich.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #401
V-Stormer
Bush Basher

Oddometer: 103
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
You need to try Rukka or another European brand... your post makes you look like a total for calling everyone who wears KLIM fat and short OBTW, but I am sure you can fit your anorexic, skelotor, TDF riding ass into some of that European metrosexual gar. now go eat a bacon sandwich.

Ha, ha, ha . . . .

Way to fire back mrt10x ! I concur . . .

(always wanted to use one of those smilies too)

Back on the sizing topic . . my point was the Klim gear, like a helmet, is not going to fit every body type or way that people like gear to fit. I like a jacket and pants to fit close enough that the padding doesn't float around and will be where it should be when I need it and don't mind it being a bit restricting at times when layering. Others want to be able to layer up underneath and want lots if room.

The Klim Badlands gear is very technical . . . expensive to make and in materials as well. A manufacturer can't be expected to make a mulititude of sizes to fit every size, shape of physique, and preference. There will always be compromises from both ends of the consumer spectrum. The best thing to do is try it on in the store in all the configurations you think you'll need, or be prepared to pay extra shipping if you have to order online.
V-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #402
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Certainly right. It might sound that way though it was not meant for the owners, more for the gear. But believe me - I'm not anorexic at all. I'm very fit and have naturally very slim hips - can be a challenge to find any clothes. From my perspective everybody who fits properly into the Badlands must be wide and short. Btw. I said wide, not fat - that came from you and it seems you must know!

I wanted the stuff to fit but it seems I have to get European "metrosexual" gear instead of of the baggy clothes from and for corn fed Americans ...

cug screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 10:52 AM
Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #403
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,676

Looks like you touched a nerve.

I have a large jacket and I'm 165.
Doubt a medium would have fit,wide shoulders.
My waist is 32",pants fit me fine,not as nice as my MX stuff but OK.

By the way,I just got back from a 1-1/2 hour bicycle ride wearing that metro sexual euro stuff you're talking about.
You sound like a too.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #404
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Come on fellas can't we all just get along?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #405
cug
--

Quote:
Come on fellas can't we all just get along?

Sure! Let me state the following (meant totally neutral, just regarding the fit of the garment) compared to the Latitude:

- the Badlands jacket is tailored much narrower in the shoulders, I need size L just for the shoulders and arm length

- the Badlands seems to have a more dropping shoulder line compared to the very horizontal/boxy Latitude

- the Badlands also has more space in the chest and belly area, but interestingly is slightly tighter around the hip seam

- the kidney belt can compensate for some of the space in the waist, but only some, doesn't feel enough for me

- if you pull the Latitude tight around the waist, the hip looks funny standing faaaaar out, like girls garment, talk about metrosexual ...

I'd love if the Badlands would fit me as I like most of its features like the Pro Shell, venting, d3o protectors, chest protector.

I dislike the abundance of pockets - I have a tank bag or tail bag for that stuff, so that I don't fall on things I have in these pockets. For safety I have jacket pockets generally empty, just ear plugs and insurance / registration paperwork.

For fit: if you are significantly narrower in the waist line compared to the chest (for me, waist: 30, chest 41) the Badlands might not a very good fit, the Latitude might be better, but not certain. If you read the same as the commenter above in that, so be it.

And you can't say that European fit is generally different. For example the RevIt Sand is so wide in the waist that there is space for half a basketball easily. The BMW jackets fit better, though not perfect, I have no Rukka dealer here in the area, and I don't like buying (ordering) stuff online that I haven't tried on. I'd like to try the Alpinestars Tech ST, but no local dealer that has it either.