Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #511
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,751
Yes. I think if you watch the video at Revzilla, it's mentioned that the hydration tube runs out of the pocket.

Congrats on the new gear. I'm jealous.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #512
Bappo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Oh, the HiViz Badlands shipped to the warehouse today so it will start showing up as orderable all over soon. The HiViz Misano and the Overland stuff hasn't arrived yet.

Also the new designs for the Mojave jersey and pants are amazing.
Bappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #513
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,447
Yup,
It comes out at the right side breast pocket.
The tube snakes through the bottom and then routes up behind the chest armour and then stuff the mouthpiece though the hole going into the pocket.

I'm in the minority of running it inside the coat but it works for me.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #514
GillT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bappo View Post
Just got home with my new HiViz Badlands. Much softer than my Latitude, similar weight, lots more adjustments. Can't figure out where to run the water bladder tube yet. Looks like you run it out of a pocket?

XL Latitude is the same as XL Badlands size wise. Collar on Badlands is more comfortable HiViz matches my helmet perfectly.

You must be comparing to the old Latitude jacket. I own the new Latitude misano, I've had it for several months. I just recently purchased the Badlands to upgrade. I returned the Badlands. Having both in hand the Badlands is much heavier, albeit more rugged. The collar on the Latitude misano is much softer then the Badlands. Also in my opinion the Latitude is a boxier roomier cut. I felt the Badlands was more of a tailored cut. They are both excellent gear, with great construction and protection. If your doing serious off road riding the Badlands is the jacket to choose, for on road and occasional off Latitude misano is the way to go.
GillT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #515
Day13
Worst Avatar EVER!

Oddometer: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimike View Post
We have Three HiViz Badlands Pro Jackets that were shipped Monday & should be in the shop today or Friday. I think they are a L, XL, and 2XL. Still waiting on the HiViz Latitudes and the new Outlander line.

minimike
I was in Mike's shop today and saw the new Hi-Viz Badlands Pro Jackets. They are nice! You could see a rider coming a mile away in it. The black and neon yellow are patterned differently than any other jacket I've seen. Very well done; usual Klim quality. These will be an instant hit with the street crowd.

I did manage to score a pair of the new style Dakars!
Day13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #516
snbrd4evr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Just got my High Viz Badlands Jacket, here are some pics from home.

My camera had a hard time focusing on the bright colors and the dark colors but it is definitely noticable!
snbrd4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:36 AM   #517
bastimentos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Looks sharp!

Let's see some shots with it on if possible?
bastimentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #518
snbrd4evr
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastimentos View Post
Looks sharp!

Let's see some shots with it on if possible?
This is the only one I have. Unfortunately my GF is out of town and I don't have the largest mirrors in the house. So here is an attempt. I'm sure more will follow later.

I was trying to use the flash, but didn't want it to blur out the photo in the mirror so I had to hold it up all awkward style. But I hope you get the idea.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #519
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,706
Klim did a nice job of their hiviz jackets. I'm not a big fan of hiviz because most jackets look cheap when they're a solid neon yellow. I had a BMW Airshell and it wasn't too bad, but the hiviz Badlands and Latitude are really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #520
bastimentos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by snbrd4evr View Post
This is the only one I have. Unfortunately my GF is out of town and I don't have the largest mirrors in the house. So here is an attempt. But I hope you get the idea.
Perfect, that looks great, much easier to get an idea of it in the real world (product shots never quite translate) - looks to be the "right" amount of high-vis to me without going overly dorky. Yeah I said it, high-vis is not "cool" but i've got this jacket ordered so I'm clearly willing to put up with this, glad to see they still look pretty sharp, and hopefully get us noticed by other road users.
bastimentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #521
snbrd4evr
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastimentos View Post
Perfect, that looks great, much easier to get an idea of it in the real world (product shots never quite translate) - looks to be the "right" amount of high-vis to me without going overly dorky. Yeah I said it, high-vis is not "cool" but i've got this jacket ordered so I'm clearly willing to put up with this, glad to see they still look pretty sharp, and hopefully get us noticed by other road users.
Yeah, it's definitely not a solid neon yellow, the back has quite a bit of yellow, but who cares, my gf isn't wearing it

I think it looks great and no one has said anything negative about it yet. Oh, btw... I didn't tell the shop I'd give them a shout out or anything and I definitely don't work for them, but Motoprimo in MN was great at getting me hooked up with this jacket (and pants are to come, but not high viz obviously). Thanks!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #522
icebox
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,033
Hip armour

Just stoped by the Klim HQ and tried on the new Badlands pants and jacket, pants are a much tighter fit than my Dakars or Mojaves around the waist, and anybody notice the hip armour placement? The armour is in front, not on the side over your hip bone, asked the gal if she knew why and she had no clue. Checked my RP2 and revit pants, and the armour is all on the side. Trying to figure out what they are thinking, it couldn't be moved the way the inner pocket was sewed in. Other than that detail on the pants the jacket is a nice piece, if the collar velcro works to keep the collar open.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #523
snbrd4evr
Adventurer

I'll be getting my pants sometime next week and I'll try to take pics of the armor placement. I did notice it a little forward when I tried on a pair (but they were too small so I think I chalked it up to that).
Old 03-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #524
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebox View Post
Just stoped by the Klim HQ and tried on the new Badlands pants and jacket, pants are a much tighter fit than my Dakars or Mojaves around the waist, and anybody notice the hip armour placement? The armour is in front, not on the side over your hip bone, asked the gal if she knew why and she had no clue. Checked my RP2 and revit pants, and the armour is all on the side. Trying to figure out what they are thinking, it couldn't be moved the way the inner pocket was sewed in. Other than that detail on the pants the jacket is a nice piece, if the collar velcro works to keep the collar open.
I wore 32s in the Traverse and had to go up to the 34s Badlands.....the hip armour is kind of a head scratcher. I wonder if upon impact the pants twist a bit and the armour comes forward?? I hit the asphault in my traverse going about 50mph, and my skinny D30 armour did the job, I had zero brusing on my hip, and I slid on it for about 20 ft. Impressive stuff, but does anybodys knees get irritated from the D30 in the cold months? Mine rubs my knee cap and doesn't bend well......I keep my suit in the basement. A consistant 64F.
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #525
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
but does anybodys knees get irritated from the D30 in the cold months? Mine rubs my knee cap and doesn't bend well......I keep my suit in the basement. A consistant 64F.
Love to see someone address this issue.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote