Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #751
JM
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
There is a pocket behind the back armor. Pull the back armor out and you will find it. The drink tube snakes up over the right shoulder inside the jacket and comes out of a hole inside the right chest pocket. If you do a youtube search there is a video that shows how to install the bladder.

Postponing retirement one farkle at a time!
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #752
chrislitt
B-KTM-W

Oddometer: 94
blacder location tip appreciated

JM, thanks for the directions. And I can sadly identify with delaying retirement one farkle at a time. Three bikes is a serious habit. I'm putting it all in the 'you only live once' category.
Donate to your causes 'cause your enemies are outspending you! 2011 R1200GS Adventure,2009 KTM 300XCW, 2009 KTM 690R, Rotarian, Member of AMA / D36, NRA, CRPA, BRC, BMW MOA 174799. Happy to still be working though it interferes with riding!
chrislitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #753
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 1,103
I decided to sell my Badlands Jacket (size Small)...
it's in the FM. Here.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #754
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,709
Well, I just had a 50 mile ride in torrential rain on the HP (meaning no weather protection) and I'm soaked through at the front and on my arms... Not best pleased. Will double check zippers etc before the ride home tonight...

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #755
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Well, I just had a 50 mile ride in torrential rain on the HP (meaning no weather protection) and I'm soaked through at the front and on my arms... Not best pleased. Will double check zippers etc before the ride home tonight...
Where was the water coming in from?

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #756
Mav
Something witty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
Where was the water coming in from?
Feels like the main zip... Was wet down to my belly button and spread out evenly, about 6-8 inches either side...

All the gear.. no idea!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #757
JM
Studly Adventurer

Was the water running down the zipper from your neck? Is it possible the air was creating a current off your chest and helmet forcing the watter down the neck opening in the jacket? Did you have the velcro tabs on the zipper protector secured properly so direct air blast wasn't pressure washing the zipper?

I'd love to hear what Klim has to say about your problem. Please keep us posted.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #758
Mav
Something witty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Was the water running down the zipper from your neck? Is it possible the air was creating a current off your chest and helmet forcing the watter down the neck opening in the jacket? Did you have the velcro tabs on the zipper protector secured properly so direct air blast wasn't pressure washing the zipper?

I'd love to hear what Klim has to say about your problem. Please keep us posted.
Quite confident that I did have the neck velcro tabs secured, although I didn't use the popper. Pretty sure I would've noticed it flapping about if they had come undone - I do with my other jackets :blast

What I can't say for sure is whether the zip storm flaps were properly secured... so water could have been coming in through the zip. Also, I was wearing a headover that got pretty wet - so that could've let water in from the top.

So for now, I won't be contacting Klim as I don't have definitive information... I will wait for the next torrential downpour and make a point of wearing this jacket and securing all the flaps etc... and carry a spare shirt! If it fails again, then I will be having a conversation with our friends at Klim

All the gear.. no idea!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #759
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
I wear size 35 sleeve with 42 chest/34 waist

I'm one of those tall skinny types. If I get an XL size to make the sleeves work, the rest of the jacket will be too big. is it hard for an alteration shop to correct this for me?

Will it VOID the warranty if i have it altered?

thanks
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #760
12Bong13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Quote:
There is a pocket behind the back armor. Pull the back armor out and you will find it. The drink tube snakes up over the right shoulder inside the jacket and comes out of a hole inside the right chest pocket. If you do a youtube search there is a video that shows how to install the bladder.
I saw a few post that people where having trouble with fitting the bag and I don't understand why. I can get the bladder in the pocket without removing the armour. Whole process with feeding the drink tube takes me max 30-45 seconds.

The easy fix to get easier access to the bladder pocket would be that KLIM puts a zipper on the back of the jacket (similar to the vent port on the KLIM Valdez) That would solve the problem for folks who have a hard time accessing it.
12Bong13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #761
JM
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveWFL View Post
I wear size 35 sleeve with 42 chest/34 waist

I'm one of those tall skinny types. If I get an XL size to make the sleeves work, the rest of the jacket will be too big. is it hard for an alteration shop to correct this for me?

Will it VOID the warranty if i have it altered?

thanks
Per a conversation I had with Klim a couple days ago, all alterations need to be done at a goretex approved repair facility or the warranty is void. I'd suggest calling them and getting a list of approved alteration locations before you have alterations made.

I'm seriously thinking about returning mine. The sleeve foreskins are a deal breaker for me.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #762
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Per a conversation I had with Klim a couple days ago, all alterations need to be done at a goretex approved repair facility or the warranty is void. I'd suggest calling them and getting a list of approved alteration locations before you have alterations made.

I'm seriously thinking about returning mine. The sleeve foreskins are a deal breaker for me.
Thanks, I was dead set on a KLIM Badlands Pro but I'm slowly turning away too

On the gor-tex site this is all I can find under authorized repair center

http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satel...ir-information
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #763
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,346
Quote:

Dude, just cut them out with a pair of sharp scissors and move on. They're not going to deny your warranty for that unless you screw up and cut the jacket too.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #764
JM
Studly Adventurer

I just got off the phone with Klim again. This time I got hold of someone that fully understood what I was trying to do, which is remove the hand gator. She said the only part of the warranty that would be void would be in the area around the work that was done. If who ever cuts the inside gator out cuts to deep or cuts into the inner mesh liner that particular issue wouldn't be covered by the warranty since it was an alteratation to the garment.

SOOOOOOO....this advise from YetiGS was spot on.

"Dude, just cut them out with a pair of sharp scissors and move on. They're not going to deny your warranty for that unless you screw up and cut the jacket too."

Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #765
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,346
Quote:
I just got off the phone with Klim again. This time I got hold of someone that fully understood what I was trying to do, which is remove the hand gator. She said the only part of the warranty that would be void would be in the area around the work that was done. If who ever cuts the inside gator out cuts to deep or cuts into the inner mesh liner that particular issue wouldn't be covered by the warranty since it was an alteratation to the garment.

SOOOOOOO....this advise from YetiGS was spot on.

"Dude, just cut them out with a pair of sharp scissors and move on. They're not going to deny your warranty for that unless you screw up and cut the jacket too."
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote