Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #976
Shizoku
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Difference between the Adventure vs Badlands pants?

I was set to purchase the Badlands setup (Jacket/Pants). Then purusing the Revzilla site today I see the 2013 Adventure pants on closeout.
Original pricing puts the Adventure Pants $250 more than the Badlands.

Has anyone compared the two? I figure for $250 there must be some sort of difference.
One thing I've heard is that the material is beefier on the Adventure stuff.

Comments?

I did end up ordering the 2013 Adventure in grey.
It was the last pair they had in my size (34 waist/grey) and I didn't want to lose out.

Dave In Valencia

Shizoku screwed with this post 03-01-2014 at 04:20 PM
Shizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #977
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,230
I just replaced my black Badlands with their hi-viz version, and the strangest thing has been happening while I run errands around town, and particularly while I'm sitting at stoplights. Typically, nearly everyone ignored me on my FJR, when I was wearing my black Badlands. Now, people are waving at me like I'm peering through the back window of the short bus. And it's sort of freaking me out.

Nevertheless, at least they see me, and that's why I bought the hi-viz version.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #978
ddowdy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
finally

So I bought my first motorcyle at the beginning of July last year and will roll over 15000 miles next week that I've put on the bike. It's my only form of transportation so I commute on it, errands, and a lot of local riding in all weather conditions. It isn't uncommon for me to leave before sunrise and come back after sunset which means big temperature changes here in socal. I bought an A* mesh textile jacket in July which I quickly added a "ventilation" hole in the right forearm which wore to the pad in a 35 mph lowside and added a second in November to the left forearm. Realizing how much a jacket saved me I wanted a good jacket. I wanted something waterproof, and something ventilated. I tried on a dozen different jackets before trying a badlands in December and fell in love. I was ready to buy one in January before I got a expensive present from a local pd and finally got around to ordering one last week. It came Friday which allowed me to test it in some rain. I f#cking love this thing. 6'-01" 45.5" chest about 230 ( I've got large legs but big shoulders as well) and th XL fits as if it was tailored for me. Road offroad with it a bit in some mud and was really happy the way the kidney belt kept the jacket against my body instead of it rotating around me as I stood up straight, bent over, dodged, ducked, dipped, and dodged manipulating my bike down some light trails. In the end, 100% happy with the way I spent my money. If I didn't put the kind of miles on my bike that I do, there were a few reasonable choices but I am pretty happy with mine.
ddowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #979
BISHOP
Roadracer goes Dual

Oddometer: 274
I'll start out with I'm not much of a crasher but shit does happen. The very first ride in my new Bandlands Pro I managed to flick myself over the bars...kinda sideways over really. My ribcage caught the bar end on the journey off my bike. Not a doubt, the mini chest protector armor in the jacket allowed me to be nursing a couple fractured ribs vs full on broken, could not have ridden out ribs. Yes, worth every dollar!!
BISHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #980
vintagebob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
I just picked up a new hi-viz version this weekend from Adventure Designs. Very nice, even next to my Latitude jacket.

Are there instructions anywhere for removing the sleeve gaiters on the 2014 version? It looks like the sleeve tapers down in two parts and I'm not sure if I should remove it at the taper section or closer to where it attaches to the jacket.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #981
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebob View Post
I just picked up a new hi-viz version this weekend from Adventure Designs. Very nice, even next to my Latitude jacket.

Are there instructions anywhere for removing the sleeve gaiters on the 2014 version? It looks like the sleeve tapers down in two parts and I'm not sure if I should remove it at the taper section or closer to where it attaches to the jacket.
I removed the gaiters on my Badlands. If you turn the sleeves inside out, it's pretty easy to figure out where the gaiters are sewn to the interior of the jacket, which is beyond the taper and closer to the second line of stitching. Turn the sleeve inside out and I think you'll see what I mean. I cut mine off about an inch above that [second] seam, then sewed the two layers together.

Just remember that Klim might or might not honor any warranty work if you alter the jacket. I don't think removing the gaiters is a big deal, but you never know. Something to consider.

That being said, I removed mine on Day 1 of ownership.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #982
vintagebob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
OK. I thought there was a set of stitching that was easier to remove and then I wouldn't have to cut the material?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #983
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
OK. I thought there was a set of stitching that was easier to remove and then I wouldn't have to cut the material?
I'm pretty sure if you want to remove enough of the gaiter for it to be comfortable, which is after all WHY you're removing it, I assume, you're going to cut the fabric and not just undo some of the stitching.

Although you could remove the stitching at the first seam from the end of the gaitor and see if that works for you. Might be less damaging than my option.

Let me know what you settle on. My way ain't always the right way.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #984
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,700
Quote:
You could take it to a local seamstress. An inmate here, JM did that and had it stitched up nicely. He posted pics and it looked like the jacket came from Klim that way. I plan to do the same to mine.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #985
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizoku View Post
I was set to purchase the Badlands setup (Jacket/Pants). Then purusing the Revzilla site today I see the 2013 Adventure pants on closeout.

Has anyone compared the two? I figure for $250 there must be some sort of difference.

Comments?

It was the last pair they had in my size (34 waist/grey) and I didn't want to lose out.

Dave In Valencia
I think the Badlands is a bit more waterproof than the Adventure pants.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #986
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
You could take it to a local seamstress. An inmate here, JM did that and had it stitched up nicely. He posted pics and it looked like the jacket came from Klim that way. I plan to do the same to mine.
I had my mother do the sewing. It looks flawless.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #987
Shizoku
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

Comments?

Dave In Valencia
Just got the 2013 Adventure pants in the mail. Not sure if I'd pay the original $900 price, but at $637, worth every penny. Size wise, I'm a 33W/32 inseam at 5'9"/170 lbs. I ordered the 34 waist and they fit like they are custom fit. Super comfy and built like a tank. Love em and I haven't even ridden in them yet.

Next up, a jacket. Badlands Pro to go with these Adventure pants.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:11 AM   #988
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Just got the 2013 Adventure pants in the mail. Not sure if I'd pay the original $900 price, but at $637, worth every penny. Size wise, I'm a 33W/32 inseam at 5'9"/170 lbs. I ordered the 34 waist and they fit like they are custom fit. Super comfy and built like a tank. Love em and I haven't even ridden in them yet.

Next up, a jacket. Badlands Pro to go with these Adventure pants.
You'll love the Badlands Pro.

If Klim ever stops making them, I'll probably take out a second mortgage so I can buy a half dozen so I can stock up.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:26 AM   #989
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 904
i've got a badlands jacket and adventure pants. The differences in the pants....
I think the adventures are lower rise, slightly snugger fit, More panels and different materials in a few areas. After putting on the 2 pants, I ended up finding the adventures to be a little better fit on me.(5'10, 160lbs) Are they worth 900.00?
I ended up paying 600 for mine, 900 would be damn hard to swallow!

Now, im used to wearing my Leatt, and keep eyeballing the adventure jacket.....
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #990
Shizoku
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35xj View Post
i've got a badlands jacket and adventure pants. The differences in the pants....
I think the adventures are lower rise, slightly snugger fit, More panels and different materials in a few areas. After putting on the 2 pants, I ended up finding the adventures to be a little better fit on me.(5'10, 160lbs) Are they worth 900.00?
I ended up paying 600 for mine, 900 would be damn hard to swallow!

Now, im used to wearing my Leatt, and keep eyeballing the adventure jacket.....
Agree on the $900 vs $600. $900 is a lot of cash-ola, the $600 easier to swallow, and upon receiving the Adventure Pants, I've no buyers remorse. Love em. I'm glad I pulled the trigger at Revzilla and got the last pair at the closeout price.

The jacket...what to do??? I haven't seen either one in person and that's the problem. But I'm thinking the Adventure Jacket might be too much jacket. The Badlands appears to be a good fit by all descriptions that I've read. Plus I can't find a medium 2013 Adventure jacket anyway and don't like the looks of the 2014...or the price! Wish I could find a Badlands on closeout, but I talked to KLIM and they are not changing the Badlands for 2014, so nothing to closeout...