Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #991
cooligun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Very informative thread! I'm about to buy the Badlands Jacket and pants and would appreciate some input about sizing. I cannot decide between MD and LG size of the jacket and if 34 regular pants will be too short. My specs: 6'1" / 165 lb; chest 41, sleeve 31; inseam 33; I wear 34x34 Levi's and medium t-shirts.

I think MD jacked will fit me well, but I'm not sure about the sleeve. LG looks right in sleeve but might be bigger in every other place (i prefer snug fit)...

Pants... leaning towards regular 34, not sure if they will be too short. All other motorcycle pants that I have are just regular 34 (all tuck-in, except TPG overpants)

Would appreciate any comments! Thanks in advance!
cooligun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #992
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
Cooligan;

Me.....34 waist/32 inseam and I bought the regular 34 Badlands pants.
I really think the regulars will be too short for you.

Here is a shot of the regular pants while just sitting on the bike......

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Old 03-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #993
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizoku View Post
The jacket...what to do??? I haven't seen either one in person and that's the problem. But I'm thinking the Adventure Jacket might be too much jacket. The Badlands appears to be a good fit by all descriptions that I've read. Plus I can't find a medium 2013 Adventure jacket anyway and don't like the looks of the 2014...or the price! Wish I could find a Badlands on closeout, but I talked to KLIM and they are not changing the Badlands for 2014, so nothing to closeout...
I have both the Badlands and the 2014 Adventure Rally. They're both great jackets, but they are very different and suited for different things. In my humble opinion, the Adventure is not an "everyday" jacket, there's too much to it. But if I was going on a multi-day ride, I would take the Adventure every single time. It is so convenient to have everything all in one.

They do fit quite differently too, so it's important to try one on for fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooligun View Post
Very informative thread! I'm about to buy the Badlands Jacket and pants and would appreciate some input about sizing. I cannot decide between MD and LG size of the jacket and if 34 regular pants will be too short. My specs: 6'1" / 165 lb; chest 41, sleeve 31; inseam 33; I wear 34x34 Levi's and medium t-shirts.

I think MD jacked will fit me well, but I'm not sure about the sleeve. LG looks right in sleeve but might be bigger in every other place (i prefer snug fit)...

Pants... leaning towards regular 34, not sure if they will be too short. All other motorcycle pants that I have are just regular 34 (all tuck-in, except TPG overpants)

Would appreciate any comments! Thanks in advance!
Can't help you on the jacket.

On the pants, you will definitely want a Tall. I wear 36 x 34 jeans and have the Badlands pants in 38 Tall and they are perfect. I originally (2 years ago) bought them in the regular height and they were too short once I was sitting on the bike.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #994
Shizoku
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
I have both the Badlands and the 2014 Adventure Rally. They're both great jackets, but they are very different and suited for different things. In my humble opinion, the Adventure is not an "everyday" jacket, there's too much to it. But if I was going on a multi-day ride, I would take the Adventure every single time. It is so convenient to have everything all in one.

They do fit quite differently too, so it's important to try one on for fit.

Can't help you on the jacket.

On the pants, you will definitely want a Tall. I wear 36 x 34 jeans and have the Badlands pants in 38 Tall and they are perfect. I originally (2 years ago) bought them in the regular height and they were too short once I was sitting on the bike.
On the pant length issue...I've a 32 inseam/33 waist and the Adventure pant (34R) I just purchased are a perfect fit for me. I agree on the recommendation to go with the tall version.

The issue of jackets, Adv vs Bad, and the multi-day vs single day trips...is the Bad still capable on a multi-day/Canadian/Alaskan excursion? I'm planning a few weeks in the Canadian BC in August and 6 weeks in Canada/Alaska in 2015.

Shizoku screwed with this post 03-07-2014 at 07:09 PM
Shizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #995
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizoku View Post
The issue of jackets, Adv vs Bad, and the multi-day vs single day trips...is the Bad still capable on a multi-day/Canadian/Alaskan excursion? I'm planning a few weeks in the Canadian BC in August and 6 weeks in Canada/Alaska in 2015.
Definitely! Just look for the ride report entitled "RTW with Noah on a KTM 690. LINK He's been wearing his Badlands alllllllllllll around the world.

I've used my Badlands for at least six trips over a week long. It's a great jacket, my favorite.

The difference is that with the AR2, you don't need a separate Camelbak (or whatever) and you can carry all your personal crap in the jacket which goes with you everywhere.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 03-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #996
cooligun
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Cooligan;

Me.....34 waist/32 inseam and I bought the regular 34 Badlands pants.
I really think the regulars will be too short for you.

Here is a shot of the regular pants while just sitting on the bike......

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Thanks for the reply. Wondering if I'll be able to fit into 32 tall with 33.5 waist and be comfortable with MX or Sidi Adventure boots under...

Anyone has 32 Tall pants?
Old 03-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #997
cooligun
Adventurer

Quote:
38 with 36 waist... does it fit well in the waist for you or you use suspenders? I see that Tall for me would be good (inseam) in size 32.... wondering if I'll have enough waist room in 32 tall with my 33.5....
Old 03-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #998
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Quote:
38 with 36 waist... does it fit well in the waist for you or you use suspenders? I see that Tall for me would be good (inseam) in size 32.... wondering if I'll have enough waist room in 32 tall with my 33.5....
To be honest, my jeans say 36 x 34 on the label, but they're relaxed fit. In reality I'm more of a 38 waist. I do not have to use suspenders with them, but I do. I'm honestly not sure why, other than I got them when I bought the pants.

If you're unsure, I'd go with the larger size. The waist can be taken in quite a bit and I'd rather have looser fitting pants than tight. If you're a hipster, disregard this suggestion.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #999
cooligun
Adventurer

Quote:
To be honest, my jeans say 36 x 34 on the label, but they're relaxed fit. In reality I'm more of a 38 waist. I do not have to use suspenders with them, but I do. I'm honestly not sure why, other than I got them when I bought the pants.

If you're unsure, I'd go with the larger size. The waist can be taken in quite a bit and I'd rather have looser fitting pants than tight. If you're a hipster, disregard this suggestion.
lol! thanks for the info. wondering if anyone was able to fit to minus size. so say your jeans is 36 and you pick 34, etc....
Old 03-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #1000
12Bong13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Wondering if I'll be able to fit into 32 tall with 33.5 waist and be comfortable with MX or Sidi Adventure boots under...

I do.
The fit is perfect for me I can even fit a pair of fleece pants under them for late autumn riding.

My specs.

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 165lbs
Waist: ???
Jean size: 32x34
12Bong13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #1001
Transport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
lol! thanks for the info. wondering if anyone was able to fit to minus size. so say your jeans is 36 and you pick 34, etc....

My jean size is 34W 36L..The 36 tall Badlands were way too big on the waist..cinched right up.
Lenght was ok, would rather another inch. Sent them back and awaiting 34 T.
Transport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #1002
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

My new Badlands is on its way from Atomic-Moto! Going for black this time around!

First job will be to cut the gaiters out. Second will be to ride, ride, ride!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #1003
kencc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
My new Badlands is on its way from Atomic-Moto! Going for black this time around!

First job will be to cut the gaiters out. Second will be to ride, ride, ride!
What is the purpose of the gaiters.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #1004
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
I also use suspenders with my Badlands pants, mainly because the Seat Concepts cover I bought has the gripper top and it likes to pull my pants down.
I think next time I will not get the gripper top!

Cheers
Old 03-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #1005
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,205
Quote:

I would go with the 32T

I had a pair of badlands 32R that fit me perfect.
I'm 5'8" 170 ,Levi's 33x30.