Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #1306
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,519
Yup, left side is the worst, as the right has the benefit of the normal collar velcro attaching to the fixing point of the little tab, so double velcro.

I sounded a little harsh in my earlier post (bad night). I really like so many aspects of this jacket. The materials are awesome, pockets actually work and are well placed. Wrist closure is the best I've used, no bunching. Cut is outstanding, length is great. Just disappointing that such poor spec velcro is used on a premium garment like this.
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #1307
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpc View Post
Does anyone have any tips or tricks for washing the jacket? Remove armor, throw in wash, air dry - anything else?
I love the jacket but I don't want to ruin it or the goretex by washing it wrong.
Use a tech wash liquid soap. Front load. Zip pockets, attach Velcro. Take out your pads first. Just wipe those down with mild soap and water, air dry. Place the jacket and pants in a front load dryer after washing. Place it on highest setting for heat. This resets the gortex.

I've done this many many times. The gear was polluted with mud, sweat. Come out looking brand new each time. Zero issues and I never ever get wet it the rain!

Mike
Old 07-19-2014, 05:24 AM   #1308
keiji
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho911 View Post
Use a tech wash liquid soap. Front load. Zip pockets, attach Velcro. Take out your pads first. Just wipe those down with mild soap and water, air dry. Place the jacket and pants in a front load dryer after washing. Place it on highest setting for heat. This resets the gortex.

I've done this many many times. The gear was polluted with mud, sweat. Come out looking brand new each time. Zero issues and I never ever get wet it the rain!

Mike
Do not exceed the heat rating for the jacket, it is possible to start melting the nylon if you let it come to a rest at the end of the cycle
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #1309
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailCruiser View Post
And how are you doing that Scott, just by washing it?
Riding in it!!

The last one I think I washed twice in two years, both times after muddy rides.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:37 AM   #1310
jdwhite
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
If anyone has one of this jackets, used, size M and want to sell, I would like to know more about it.
jdwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #1311
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,202
I want to removed the gators in the sleeves...

I thought there was an easy way to remove them now with a nip to the stitching.

Tips or a point to it in this thread would be appreciated.

TIA
Old 08-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #1312
TrailCruiser
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
I want to removed the gators in the sleeves...
I thought there was an easy way to remove them now with a nip to the stitching.
Tips or a point to it in this thread would be appreciated.

TIA
I removed both my gaiters and the arm straps.

Gaiters - Pull the sleeve inside out, take a pair of sharp scissors and cut off the gaiter about 1/8" from the seam. Then take a lighter or other flame and seal the edge.

Straps - Used a seam ripper to simply remove the stitching where the straps are sewn onto the sleeve, then cut the plastic d-ring. I just left the loop that holds the d-ring. There are visible small patches where the straps were sewn onto the sleeves but for me it was worth it, the sleeves are just plain too tight and those straps make them even tighter feeling even when they're fully loose.

YMMV
Old 08-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #1313
Bushmaster1111
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I love mine, awesome jacket
Bushmaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #1314
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,202
Ya Ive cut them out of 2 other jackets, no need to fry the edges that material didn't fray on mine.

Questor mentioned at the KTM rally last September that they can now be removed at the stitching somehow, cant remember what he said now 11 months later... looking for a cleaner solution.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #1315
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Ya Ive cut them out of 2 other jackets, no need to fry the edges that material didn't fray on mine.

Questor mentioned at the KTM rally last September that they can now be removed at the stitching somehow, cant remember what he said now 11 months later... looking for a cleaner solution.
I cut mine about an inch from the seam, then sewed it up so it looks all professional and stuff.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #1316
crunchiespg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 953
So I was riding yesterday for about 13 hours in total in my badlands suit. For 12 of the 13 I was wet and miserable.
Has anyone else had the pants just soak water through the crotch area? Due to the heavy rain my seat was getting pretty wet and in no time my pants were soaked right through. My underwear was drenched. It feels like the water went straight through the softer material between the legs.

The jacket was ok apart from the front chest pockets being full of water.

My dianese gore tex gloves did no better. They were soaked right through in no time. Oh and my sidi discovery rain don't like rain lol, they have never been waterproof, but as it's generally dry here or just short storms so I always forget they leak until the next big trip with a storm.
crunchiespg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #1317
ezwicky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchiespg View Post
So I was riding yesterday for about 13 hours in total in my badlands suit. For 12 of the 13 I was wet and miserable.
Has anyone else had the pants just soak water through the crotch area? Due to the heavy rain my seat was getting pretty wet and in no time my pants were soaked right through. My underwear was drenched. It feels like the water went straight through the softer material between the legs.

i had the exact opposite experience in three days of virginia mountain rain a few weeks ago. badlands pro pants kept me totally dry. with just a pair of moto-skivvies briefs beneath i wasn't even cold, which kind of surprised me.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:06 PM   #1318
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,701
FYI

Badlands jackets are now made in Vietnam. Just got back from my local dealer and they all had Made in Vietnam labels on them. Latitudes are also made in Vietnam. That should appease the anti-China crowd and maybe better quality control.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:40 PM   #1319
NTTF
Trapped Under Ice

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchiespg View Post

The jacket was ok apart from the front chest pockets being full of water.

My dianese gore tex gloves did no better. They were soaked right through in no time. Oh and my sidi discovery rain don't like rain lol, they have never been waterproof, but as it's generally dry here or just short storms so I always forget they leak until the next big trip with a storm.
Sounds like you have a couple of companies to contact.
NTTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #1320
BruceWA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Bike Bandit has the Klim Badlands Pro jackets for $200.00 off in September. Pants are marked down too. Excellent deal for those of you looking to buy or sitting on the fence.