User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #151
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,015
ADVRider Discount

Is any vendor offering any discount for ADVRider inmates for these new offerings from Klim?
I am seriously considering the Badlands or Laditude suits.
With all the free advertizing on this site for them, it would seem reasonable, but I haven't seen any.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #152
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hi Ass,

There are a bunch of us out there that offer phenomenal service around the gear and we also offer Free Shipping and Exchange with a loyalty program that kicks in over $100.

Klim is pretty tough about discounting online so it's not one of those brands that can be easily wheeled and dealed on any forum.

I hope you can appreciate my candor. Have a good one.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
Is any vendor offering any discount for ADVRider inmates for these new offerings from Klim?
I am seriously considering the Badlands or Laditude suits.
With all the free advertizing on this site for them, it would seem reasonable, but I haven't seen any.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #153
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
I've tried on the Badlands suit and am on the list to purchase. I can hardly wait! But it will be next season before I can wear it as the snow is coming! My BMW Street Guard will be up for sale once I get the Klim. I like the gear but the Klim fits better
Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 AM   #154
Assfault
Exposed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Hi Ass,

There are a bunch of us out there that offer phenomenal service around the gear and we also offer Free Shipping and Exchange with a loyalty program that kicks in over $100.

Klim is pretty tough about discounting online so it's not one of those brands that can be easily wheeled and dealed on any forum.

I hope you can appreciate my candor. Have a good one.

Anthony
Anthony,
Thanks for the reply and your candid response.
I actually prefer a straight answer which you provided.
I called Klim and didn't really get any real answer, they defered to the dealers.
I appreciate it.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Old 10-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #155
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,651
Talking WooooHoooo

Badlands Pro should be here tomorrow.... I'll post up fit, feel, function and durability throughout the winter as I plan to test it out year round.
My Snowmo gear has held up perfect for the past 10yrs...
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:34 AM   #156
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,278
perhaps the first real review eh? Congrats!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #157
Assfault
Exposed Member

Badlands and Laditude

Just a heads up.
On the Klim website, they are showing in limited sizes and colors, the availibility the Badlands and Laditude gear.
That would seem to indicate they are becoming availible in the dealers.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #158
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Thumb

Welp guess who showed up 2day...the friendly FedEx folks....I'll post up thoughts when I get the time.
The XL Helmet fits true to my 60.5 cm head and my other XL helmets... with the Bell Star being the exception as it runs big and mine is a L.
The 2XL Powercross gloves fit true as that is what I wear in other gloves too
The 34 Tall BP pants fit over my street shorts and waist is good, much like a street pant fit just a little baggier. They don't go over boots, but once on lotsa room it looks like (as the boots are at shop so I'll post up later) I was wearing Keen size 13 hikers.
The XL BP jacket fits good, plenty of room to layer up in the body area. The arms are good for me being slimmer in build. The wrist openings are perfect to fit over the gloves and cinch down well with the velcro. The neck is great (I have a 17" neck) I put on my Wool Vest with large collar and if fits good, so balaclavas will fit noo prob. Some may think the neck is a bit big but overall most jackets I consider the neck too small when you start adding a fleece collar and balaclava for cold riding and rain. It's the perfect height for most too, though I like a taller collar.

I'm 6'1" and normally 180-185lbs.... bu tafter the crash (Pg 9 in the RR in my sigline) I'm at 170lbs right now so I will try to figure this into my sizing judgments... it makes it a little harder figuring the fit. JJ

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 10-27-2011 at 09:53 PM
Old 10-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #159
rhicks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Looks like Santa visited Jim a little early this year.

Pics!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #160
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
Anyone want to trade an XL Adventure Jacket for an XL Badlands??

(I have an Adventure and want the venting of the Badlands...)
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #161
DirtyBiker
Roads are to explore

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Welp guess who showed up 2day...the friendly FedEx folks....I'll post up thoughts when I get the time. JJ

Lucky bastard. I won't read it until mine shows up.
DirtyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #162
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Gonna ride a couple hundred miles 2mro and test the Jacket, Helmet and Gloves. They all fit good, I wore them a bit and all checks out.
Gotta edit the collar height report: It's lower than my Snomobile jacket but higher than my Olympia 3/4 length mesh enduro jacket sooo I'd say it's gonna please most people and again lotsa room in the neck...
After more consideration the Pants seem to run a bit on the small side...just a bit, and when Sherri go thome she said to not wear them yet and order some 36 talls to compare. That at 6'1" and 170lbs they just make it but at 180-185lbs when I'm back to normal they may be too tight. Sooo I'll hold off on them for now, since I'm as thin as ever and plan to be back to fighting weight soon.
Remember this is while wearing medium heavy weight knee length cargo shorts (I almost always wear shorts under my outer pants) If you normally ride with just a base layer you may be alright ordering your daily pant size. If you want to wear these over pants, shorts or impact shorts you may all wanna order to the larger side of your size range.
When I get the 36-talls (larger than I've ever tried) on Monday (pending stock)I'll report back on fit. In the meantime I'll test the other stuff...2mro will be below freezing in the A.M. then mid to upper 40's in the afternoon....mainly sunny. I'll have to wait till Sat to test in the rain and snow w/highs in the upper 30's. JJ

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 10-27-2011 at 09:51 PM
Old 10-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #163
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBiker View Post
Lucky bastard. I won't read it until mine shows up.
LOL
Old 10-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #164
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Guess what Fed Ex guy just dropped off at FlannyHaus???

Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #165
DirtyBiker
Roads are to explore

Oddometer: 366
Good news for you guys. My grey suite won't arrive until Nov 28 and so I am forced to live vicariously through your experiences. Hey - good things are worth wating for says my girl friend - - who puts out twice a month.

I own several hiking and skiing Gore Tex and eVent thin shells and will be most curious to read your reviews on how these tougher slightly heavier shells perofrm. I wouldn't mind reading and seeing pictures of how the blader system works.
DirtyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote