Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #16
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
Looks great, Klim... please consider some in women sizes. ESPECIALLY PANTS.

Just saying...

Thanks for posting... love your gear videos.
Anthony said that on the Latitude jacket there are hip gussets which will totally help for females out there wanting to wear this gear without over sizing too much....as for the pants...we shall see....if this suit was out today I would buy it in a heart beat. I have been totally loving my Traverse but this Latitude adds the things I have been criticizing sense riding with the Traverse like more side pockets the ability to adjusts the arms etc...the hip gussets is such a plus and 2 colour choices!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #17
pfuey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Klim Traverse

You say the Traverse is a 4-season jacket. Does that mean it has a removable liner? If so, do you know temp it's rated to?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #18
soph9
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfuey View Post
You say the Traverse is a 4-season jacket. Does that mean it has a removable liner? If so, do you know temp it's rated to?
I made it into a 4 season suit by using my own simple layers....really cold I use LDComfort underwear and my Gerbing heated liner and Gerbing gloves. That is it...as long as you stay dry and warm its all good. I rode this winter down to -8.5 Celsius and was still comfy and it was my feet that got a little cold. All I have ever wanted in a suit was something where I get to choose the layers but has great waterproofing on the outside and that is is comfortable and lean.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #19
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
New Photos

Hey Guys -

Remember it's still 7 months away....

Here are some hi-res shots of the Badlands Pro Jacket and Pants

Back

Will be answering questions shortly, a bit under the gun this morning..

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #20
soph9
Bike Addict

looks great! Hi res of the Latitude coming next? BTW...I have a lot of time on my hands right now...hence all the posts...had knee surgery on Friday and this is all i am supposed to be doing for another few days....is hanging out!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #21
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Leslie,

I can tell you have some time on your hands.... :-)

Check out our KLIM Latitude thread, I just posted the new pics.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
looks great! Hi res of the Latitude coming next? BTW...I have a lot of time on my hands right now...hence all the posts...had knee surgery on Friday and this is all i am supposed to be doing for another few days....is hanging out!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #22
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Arms are more adjustable, but when I said slimmer it was through the shoulder areas.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
any pricing on the latitude?

... i see $549 from your other thread.
that's is gonna be a good seller for them.

i don't see that jacket being that much slimmer than badlands as the velcro adjusts are all tight in the pic.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #23
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Pf,

No liners at all. Klim typically makes technical shells. They are great for the rider who owns a clset full of tech base / mid layers and / or heated gear.

When I say 4-season I mean adequate venting for the summer paired with waterproof / windproof / breathable membranes to block the elements.

The thermal / wicking layers are up to the rider.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfuey View Post

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #24
Bork Bork
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Anthony, at 5'9" and 175 and a size Large in the Badlands jacket I assume you have quite a bit of room for layers/pressure suit? I'm looking at the Adventure jacket as I can't wait until Fall for the Badlands and was planning on a size Medium as per the Klim size chart, I'm 6'0" 185 and wear a size 40 or 42 jacket (US sizing). Is a Medium going to be too trim? I need to be able to layer for the cold but don't plan on any additional armor.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #25
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,824
Hey Anthony... I'll take the one on the model.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #26
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,130
Anthony, I'm trying not to get my panties in a bunch over this one, but it could be the one, even though there's been lots of those in my past

Take a break. Get a massage. Spend some time with someone you love. Eat a cheesesteak. Go get a beer at Monks, then I have a few questions.

OK!
-Venting. Can you show some detailed photos of the venting on this?
-Chest armor. FINALLY! But, what does it consist of? I know its the DOW APS. It'd be nice if that was what they used rather than the d30, but.. Can you show how this chest armor is incorporated?
-Armacor. Where?

Soo, psyched to see the kidney belt brought over from the Adventure suit. That was one of things I loved!
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #27
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Klim Badlands Pro Fit

Hi Bork,

The Badlands fit is like the new adjusted fit of the 2011 Adventure Rally - slightly more tapered - but still enduro cut. With the armor out of shoulders and arms it should have plenty of room for a compression suit. Remember this comes with d3o armor, so it is ride ready off the hanger - you still need to add the appropriate base layers.

I have an odd build, so its tough sometimes to say 5"9 175lbs. I have thin legs and broad shoulders, It's a factor of me not having an extra leg-day at the gym. I wear 31" waist jeans. I wear a 43 suit jacket and have a 17" neck. If my legs were more proportionate I would probaly be 190-195. So in actuality if you were 6 foot 185, they say every inch adds 5-10 lbs for similarly built people, you could very well be a medium if your build was average to thin. You could be in between.

Also, do I reccommend adding a hoody underneath? Probably not. A long sleeve thermal or midlayer softshell progressing into a thin heated setup over a tech tee as the temp really dropped would be the way I would go if I was not wearing a compression suit.

I may have to stop telling people how much I weigh. It sends the wrong message as I am an anomaly.

Also keep i mind this is prototype - the fit could absolutely be refined before launch.

Let me know if I answered your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bork Bork View Post
Anthony, at 5'9" and 175 and a size Large in the Badlands jacket I assume you have quite a bit of room for layers/pressure suit? I'm looking at the Adventure jacket as I can't wait until Fall for the Badlands and was planning on a size Medium as per the Klim size chart, I'm 6'0" 185 and wear a size 40 or 42 jacket (US sizing). Is a Medium going to be too trim? I need to be able to layer for the cold but don't plan on any additional armor.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #28
soph9
Bike Addict

KLIM must be laughing at all this response...can you tell many of us have been waiting for something ADV worthy with just a few of the amenities the "other" brands have? Both suit looks great even if they are not the final versions. My partner just got her Traverse jacket pants still on back order and although like I said I LOVE my Traverse we need a little more of the road type jacket conveniences....so we shall see what the Badlands and Latitudes really turn out to be.

Off topic...my knee is hurting now from all this excitiment!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #29
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
KLIM must be laughing at all this response...
Actually, they're slashing any advertising they had budgeted for any new products covering 2010end/2011/2012. Hopefully, they'll be kind enough to cut a check to Baldy
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #30
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Ahhh Jim Williams... you are the the grand master of discerning gear geeks. :-) I say that with love. lol

Ready. Deep Breath. Begin:

Will have photos / video soon, right now at a bit of an impass waiting for my samples.

-Chest armor. FINALLY! But, what does it consist of? I know its the DOW APS. It'd be nice if that was what they used rather than the d30, but.. Can you show how this chest armor is incorporated?

From memory the pad is perfed probably for ventilation and I believe they went with the different material for weight savings as well. Its not as dense as the d3o. I may have to ping them for more of the "why" on the change, but that was my reaction. (I could be wrong) Also the pocket it's connected to lives over your left chest and protrudes providing coverage across your sternum to the right. It lives within a mesh pocket and may or may not be removable. My gut is yes, but I may be wrong (again)

-Armacor. Where?
Impact areas for sure. I am tempted to say in all of the dark / blue areas on the Silver version. (Shoulders, Outside Arms, main construction areas.) I will confirm this as well.

-Kidney belt?
Yes I am happy to see it as well. Its nice support.

-Yellow Asterisk on left wrist and misc...
The international symbol for being "rad". Kidding..... Its the international medical symbol. That pocket is built for emergency data and vitals. The left breast pocket is also designed for the SPOT tracker.

Exhale.....

Hope all is well, bud.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Anthony, I'm trying not to get my panties in a bunch over this one, but it could be the one, even though there's been lots of those in my past

Take a break. Get a massage. Spend some time with someone you love. Eat a cheesesteak. Go get a beer at Monks, then I have a few questions.

OK!
-Armacor. Where?

Soo, psyched to see the kidney belt brought over from the Adventure suit. That was one of things I loved!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R