ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #211
ScottyD
Adventurer
 
ScottyD's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Umina, NSW Australia
Oddometer: 36
Thanks for the detailed feedback on these suits. I was dead-set on getting the Lattitude, but based on the impression from everyone here, I eventually went for the Revit Defender suit (haven't yet tested it in extreme conditions, but very happy with it so far).

Here's hoping Klim get it all sorted soon. Their gear looks bloody good.
ScottyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #212
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
New for Fall 2012, Klim has a new version of the Latitude made with Cordura® Misano that is comfortable and has that "broken-in" feel from day 1. We have images on our site that show in detail where the Misano is used and where they kept the original 840D Cordura® for abrasion resistance. We will be doing a video review soon, so stay tuned.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/k...-misano-jacket

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #213
soph9
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,278
As tempting as it may be to buy new Klim products we will wait at least 6 months post release to hear more reviews and to see if Klim is thinking of releasing new generations. When you get up in this price range it does hurt the wallet a bit to find out there are many common issues and then to see the suit revamped completely. Looking forward to your review Anthony.


If you see typos it's my phones fault!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #214
scarysharkface
30-125
 
scarysharkface's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Lakland
Oddometer: 12,910
I've got the new Latitude jacket and love it. It doesn't leak at 60 mph in drenching rain on a KLR, the collar is comfortable and the venting works. Love where the pockets are located as well, but wish they were just a tad larger.

John
__________________

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #215
chrome bandit
Wide footed adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle-ish
Oddometer: 297
Cool2 Just arrived

My new Latitude Misano edition landed on my porch today, first impressions...
  • Reference point: I'm a long time Aerostich Darien wearer, size 42. I'm 5'9". Although it's a fine jacket, the Darien is too hot in the summer, so I was looking for it's 3 season counterpart to handle summer and the shoulder seasons here in Washington, something lighter with better venting. I haven't tried or seen the original Latitude.
    • I considered various other brands, and decided I didn't want to invest in another layering system and have the Goretex shell inside the jacket (i.e., REV 'IT), so I landed on Klim. I've ridden with a couple of guys who have the Adventure suit and Badlands, thought they were overkill investments for what I do. The Darien was great during my Alaska sojurn last year, not so sure about it's heat angle if I do the CDT in the summer.
  • Fit: I got the Large. Jacket girth is fine, I can add another layer underneath without feeling pinched. Collar is comfortable, actually better fitting then the Darien. Latitude sleeves are about an inch too long for me, enough to be a regular chore to integrate into fitting on and off. I'll chat with Klim to consider alterations. The Latitude is lighter, and comfortable to wear right away. Doesn't feel like it needs any breaking in.
  • OOBE (out of box experience): nice job all around...the jacket arrived in a big box from Klim, dressed up in a plastic dust protector just like from the dry cleaners, with paper tissue protecting the arms. It comes with a strong plastic hanger with wide shoulders (nicer than Aerostich's from 5 years ago), and a couple of print brochures for hydration product and travel company.
  • Organization & pockets: both jackets have strong pocket inventory. Those in Darien are slightly more expansive with better security, offering zippers on both front bottom pockets, while the Latitude is velcro down low, and zips up high. There are 5 pockets within the internal mesh (3 zip, 2 stashers), I'm wondering about the mesh durablity with consistent use over time. The 'hidden' pocket is neat
  • Protection: the elbow/shoulder pads on the Latitude are lighter than the Darien. And there's a built-in back protector, which I haven't worn before. It doesn't intefere with regular motion, so all good. The Latitude also seems more like a 5/8 shell than a 3/4 shell like the Darien, so we'll see about water protection and drainage. I'm going to continue to wear the Darien pants.
Random questions for those who know the Latitude:
  • What's the purpose behind the plastic square ring attached to the jacket under the left bottom pocket? It's only on the left side, not the right. Is something supposed to hang there?
  • What's the purpose of the two closed loops on both sides inside the collar? Seem like they're mini stretch cords for ... um, something.
Cheers...!
chrome bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #216
soph9
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome bandit View Post
  • What's the purpose behind the plastic square ring attached to the jacket under the left bottom pocket? It's only on the left side, not the right. Is something supposed to hang there?
  • What's the purpose of the two closed loops on both sides inside the collar? Seem like they're mini stretch cords for ... um, something.
Cheers...!
The D Ring comes from KLIMS snowmobile minds....folks would attach their ignition key to the D ring and if they fall it would turn the engine off. I think they have kept it with the bike gear so we can hang our keys on it or something

The little elastic loops...can't remember what they told me they were for to be honest...perhaps iphone cord holder, ear phones?? WE have blue tooth so would never use them but perhaps that is what they are used for mostly? Dunno

soph9 screwed with this post 10-05-2012 at 03:21 PM
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #217
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome bandit View Post
My new Latitude Misano edition landed on my porch today, first impressions...
  • Reference point: I'm a long time Aerostich Darien wearer, size 42. I'm 5'9". Although it's a fine jacket, the Darien is too hot in the summer, so I was looking for it's 3 season counterpart to handle summer and the shoulder seasons here in Washington, something lighter with better venting. I haven't tried or seen the original Latitude.
    • I considered various other brands, and decided I didn't want to invest in another layering system and have the Goretex shell inside the jacket (i.e., REV 'IT), so I landed on Klim. I've ridden with a couple of guys who have the Adventure suit and Badlands, thought they were overkill investments for what I do. The Darien was great during my Alaska sojurn last year, not so sure about it's heat angle if I do the CDT in the summer.
  • Fit: I got the Large. Jacket girth is fine, I can add another layer underneath without feeling pinched. Collar is comfortable, actually better fitting then the Darien. Latitude sleeves are about an inch too long for me, enough to be a regular chore to integrate into fitting on and off. I'll chat with Klim to consider alterations. The Latitude is lighter, and comfortable to wear right away. Doesn't feel like it needs any breaking in.
  • OOBE (out of box experience): nice job all around...the jacket arrived in a big box from Klim, dressed up in a plastic dust protector just like from the dry cleaners, with paper tissue protecting the arms. It comes with a strong plastic hanger with wide shoulders (nicer than Aerostich's from 5 years ago), and a couple of print brochures for hydration product and travel company.
  • Organization & pockets: both jackets have strong pocket inventory. Those in Darien are slightly more expansive with better security, offering zippers on both front bottom pockets, while the Latitude is velcro down low, and zips up high. There are 5 pockets within the internal mesh (3 zip, 2 stashers), I'm wondering about the mesh durablity with consistent use over time. The 'hidden' pocket is neat
  • Protection: the elbow/shoulder pads on the Latitude are lighter than the Darien. And there's a built-in back protector, which I haven't worn before. It doesn't intefere with regular motion, so all good. The Latitude also seems more like a 5/8 shell than a 3/4 shell like the Darien, so we'll see about water protection and drainage. I'm going to continue to wear the Darien pants.
Random questions for those who know the Latitude:
  • What's the purpose behind the plastic square ring attached to the jacket under the left bottom pocket? It's only on the left side, not the right. Is something supposed to hang there?
  • What's the purpose of the two closed loops on both sides inside the collar? Seem like they're mini stretch cords for ... um, something.
Cheers...!
Hey Chrome Bandit,
Thank you for posting your extensive review. We'd be very curious to hear some long term reviews after you've spent more time riding in the new Klim Jacket.
It seems as though Soph9 has already addressed the D-Ring on the front hem of the jacket. It can be used to attach a lanyard from your ignition key to your jacket, as often done on snow mobiles or dirt bikes.
The elastic loops can be used for ear buds or for a hydration hose if you wear your hydration pack under your jacket on hot days.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #218
DriftDragon
Wanderer
 
DriftDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Soddy Daisy, TN
Oddometer: 198
my question for Klim is can they do custom sizing? I bought one set of pants but the regular legs put the kneepads too low on my legs to be reliable knee protection. My legs are just too short.
__________________
DriftDragon
--------------
2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #219
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker
 
dryden_rider_54's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Just ahead of a flat line.
Oddometer: 1,676
If anyone is interested I am selling my Latitude gear. It was great for my big adventure but a little to much for day to day
Here is the link http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825532


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame spelling mistakes on autocorrect
__________________
"And the painted ponies go up and down".
His - 2006 KLR Red, 2010 F800GS 30th Anniversary edition
Hers - 2003 KL250 Super Sherpa Green, 2010 F650GS Biarritz Blue Metallic

Find us on Spot http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...YGllfEZqqxYWcA
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #220
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDragon View Post
my question for Klim is can they do custom sizing? I bought one set of pants but the regular legs put the kneepads too low on my legs to be reliable knee protection. My legs are just too short.
Hey DriftDragon,
As far as we know, Klim does not offer custom alterations on their gear. You might try reaching out to Rainy Pass Repair out of Seattle, WA to see if they can make the alteration for you. They are an approved Gore Tex repair facility. They are not cheap, but they do quality work.
Another option is to remove the equipped knee armor and go with a separately wearable knee guard, such as the Forcefield Limb Tubes. We've had several customers take this approach with success.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #221
soph9
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,278
KLIM is thinking about doing custom sizing...but I think what KLIM needs to do is stop making the sizing based on one of their employees....Edward. He is a fit not large guy at all. All their pants should be fitted like the Traverse...very comfy and all their jackets should have flexible material in the shoulders and elbows/knees and hip gators on all their jackets too. My 2 cents!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #222
OFA
Adventure Obsession
 
OFA's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: British Columbia & Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 118
Ridden over 7,000 Klms and here is what I know

I have ridden well over 7,000 Klms in my Klim and here are my observations.
At first I had a leaking problem - they exchanged it as it was a week old.
New one doesn't leak as long as the zippers are kept closed tight. Yes, that sounds obvious but to fully close them you need to tightly grip the zipper and really shove it up into the closure. It can be a little difficult to do for sure.

The collar has been Okay for me after it broke in. The jacket was very very stiff at first and would chaff my neck with the little fold of material inside the neck. It is folded over backward right at your neck - completely bizarre place for a fold. It took a lot of hours to break it in (perhaps I just got used to it).

It has room for me to wear layers.

I hate the Velcro but I feel the same with any jacket. Velcro wears out way too soon - period. Even if I hardly use it it wears.

I have enjoyed the jacket after it broke-in but as I said it takes a really long time to get to that point. I ride a lot and it took a long time to get the neck thing worked out but now this far down the road, I really like the jacket.

Happy jacket hunting everyone.

Oh ya, I have a Scorpion Commander jacket in day glow green for sale. $175. PM me if your interested.
__________________
Just want to ride.
OFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #223
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 2,645
I've had my "revised" lighter weight Latitude jacket for a little over 1000mi so far. Right now, I hate it. The sleeves are too long by at least an inch, the collar still cannot be zipped up all the way without impeding the ability to turn my head with helmet on. The collar also needs a snap or Velcro to stash the flap when not zipping up the collar all the way. Who designs this thing? I've owned a handful of other manufactures' jackets and none were this poorly designed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #224
tallpaul63
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 419
Happy with it

Just returned from two weeks in Baja with a new Latitude Misano jacket. I'm 6'5" and 210 pounds, athletic build. I was on the fence over choosing large or xl, and figured the xl would allow more layers when it gets chilly. Seems like I got it right.

I like the solid feel of the material, it is substantial and seems strong, but is not "board like". The new material is supposed to be a bit more compliant. I rode a couple of days in rain, and I can call this stuff waterproof, as well as good at blocking wind.

To my eye, it's a great looking jacket, and I have received some compliments from others as well. It's a bad ass piece of gear.

I have read that some people find the collar to be irritating, but that was a pretty minor issue for me. I'm tall; perhaps a short neck creates more of a problem. I think that tugging the jacket downward and perhaps opening the little side zips at the hips will help with this, by getting the jacket ( and collar) to sit lower.

As a tall guy, I'm always a bit concerned over whether sleeves are long enough, particularly in riding position. Klim fits me well, and the length is generous. It takes a few extra seconds to stuff gauntlet gloves inside the sleeves or visa versa, but perhaps that's the cost of weather protection. Wrist length summer gloves are easy.

My only concern: If I was planning lots of days in temps over 85 degrees, I might consider this too hot a jacket, even with the available venting. If I was going to do South and Central America, I might take a mesh jacket, or ride some days in just a jersey when it gets cranking hot. I know, ATTGATT and all, just musing here.

It's pricey stuff at about 560.00, but I think that price compares well to other high end gear. More affordable than Motoport, perhaps a bit more than Aerostich, less expensive than BMW, perhaps comparable to high end Revitt.

I think they might do well to build a jacket with some high vis material as well as the reflective accents, perhaps at the shoulders like Aerostich. The full treatment is just too much, but 30 percent or so would have tempted me.

Good luck!
tallpaul63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #225
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpaul63 View Post
Just returned from two weeks in Baja with a new Latitude Misano jacket. I'm 6'5" and 210 pounds, athletic build. I was on the fence over choosing large or xl, and figured the xl would allow more layers when it gets chilly. Seems like I got it right.

I like the solid feel of the material, it is substantial and seems strong, but is not "board like". The new material is supposed to be a bit more compliant. I rode a couple of days in rain, and I can call this stuff waterproof, as well as good at blocking wind.

To my eye, it's a great looking jacket, and I have received some compliments from others as well. It's a bad ass piece of gear.

I have read that some people find the collar to be irritating, but that was a pretty minor issue for me. I'm tall; perhaps a short neck creates more of a problem. I think that tugging the jacket downward and perhaps opening the little side zips at the hips will help with this, by getting the jacket ( and collar) to sit lower.

As a tall guy, I'm always a bit concerned over whether sleeves are long enough, particularly in riding position. Klim fits me well, and the length is generous. It takes a few extra seconds to stuff gauntlet gloves inside the sleeves or visa versa, but perhaps that's the cost of weather protection. Wrist length summer gloves are easy.

My only concern: If I was planning lots of days in temps over 85 degrees, I might consider this too hot a jacket, even with the available venting. If I was going to do South and Central America, I might take a mesh jacket, or ride some days in just a jersey when it gets cranking hot. I know, ATTGATT and all, just musing here.

It's pricey stuff at about 560.00, but I think that price compares well to other high end gear. More affordable than Motoport, perhaps a bit more than Aerostich, less expensive than BMW, perhaps comparable to high end Revitt.

I think they might do well to build a jacket with some high vis material as well as the reflective accents, perhaps at the shoulders like Aerostich. The full treatment is just too much, but 30 percent or so would have tempted me.

Good luck!
Thank you for the in depth review. It's always great to hear how the gear preforms in different conditions and including the extra information on sizing is also helpful.

Please keep us posted as you spend more time in the suit!

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014