User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 04:37 AM   #16
1fastjunebug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Seat Concepts

Like this idea very much but don't like that big ass seam righ under your leg.

Is this something felt when riding or only when you put your legs down to stop, etc.???

Can you get different seat covers?

Inquiring minds want to know.
1fastjunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #17
motocrossross
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastjunebug View Post
Like this idea very much but don't like that big ass seam righ under your leg.

Is this something felt when riding or only when you put your legs down to stop, etc.???

Can you get different seat covers?

Inquiring minds want to know.
I dont notice the seem at all..... other than its coming apart near the front. if you look close in the left side pic you can see it. I reported it to Seat Concepts, and a new cover is on the way. Post # 11 by angrywhiteguy suggest that the stock cover works fine on their foam. Seat concepts does sell different covers, too.
'13 R1200GS

motocrossross screwed with this post 08-29-2011 at 11:00 AM
motocrossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #18
Newm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Looks good MotoCross and thanks for the pics. This is probably going to be my next attempt at a seat solution.
Newm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #19
dresda
shut up and RIDE!

Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossross View Post
Looks great! I've got an '08 F650GS, standard height with low seat. I have ridden the bike with the standard seat off DH's F800GS and I like the extra distance down to the pegs with the standard height of seat.

Which seat did you get? The standard or the tall version? What version of the stock seat were you using? I'm trying to decide what seat to get. I've got a 32 inch inseam so reaching the ground isn't a huge problem for me.

I've got the Seat Concepts on my DR and its great.
'....and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant, poisoned, electric head. ' from My Pink Half of the Drainpipe by Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
dresda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
herm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
I recently put a Seat Concept on my GS 1150 (01) and like it a lot. I did have to go out and buy a pneumatic staple gun; the manual stapler just wasn't strong enough. I also needed a friend's extra set of hands and a certain amount of patience to get it right.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #21
murdock84
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 540
So far I am liking mine. Not quite 1000 miles on the seat yet though. But better than stock for sure.
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #22
Hucker
Lost

Oddometer: 671
I've had mine for approximately 5,000 miles now. While better than the stocker, it's still not good enough for me on longer trips. I just got back from >1,500 miles in 3 days, had a couple days off, and did another 250. It's good for about 300. After that, I'm wanting something different.

For reference (and this might be attributable to my candy-ass), I tried the seat by itself, with an AirHawk, with one of Barb's sheepskins, and every combination of the three. The best combo was the seat with sheepskin. For some reason, the AirHawk (medium cruiser) bunches up my nuts on that seat. Did not have a problem like that with the stocker and AirHawk.

So, I have been in contact with James Renazco about a custom. November build dates now, or I can wait and he is building a "custom what-everyone-else-is-having-me-build" that will be on sale on a production scale by the end of July.

The Renazcos I have sat on on the F800GS have all given me the "that's the one" feeling.
Hucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #23
casperghst42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
I got tall one yesterday and got it installed/fittet. Did 50km with it today. It's softer than my TT seat, but it fells kind of better, I might order a harder foam insert later. The foam is fairly soft, I was adviced by SC to order the standard foam, but I think the harder one would be a better option.

Only thing I have against it is that it's not really that high, I would love it to be approx. 1" higher. But according to SC they are not going to make one with is extra Tall.

Casper
casperghst42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #24
MAJTHUMPER
NW adventure rider

Oddometer: 16
Laugh Like mine

I have about 1000 miles on mine and really like compared to the stock seat. Install was pretty easy but took awhile to get it right. Thinking about getting one for my berg. Recommend
'00 BMW K1200 LT (loaded)
MAJTHUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #25
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,143
I got mine a couple months ago, it's good. I think not as much of an improvement as the one on the DR 650, but it's good for the price, a lot better than the original short seat. The nuts crushing into the tank thing is gone. I can ride it a lot longer now before it gets bad, and it doesn't get as bad as before.

There's a little pucker in mine near the front, in the curved area. Can't get it to go away yet. I think the foam in the very front is a little weak.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #26
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossross View Post

Dont flame me for the milk crate! i just use it to haul my lunchbox.
I didn't even notice the milk crate!

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #27
dresda
shut up and RIDE!

I've had my regular height seat for a few weeks ago, very happy with it. We had it installed by an upholstery guy who does a lot of motorcycle seats so it is wrinkle free and looks fantastic.

I sit a bit further forward than most riders but there is still enough width there to support both cheeks.
'....and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant, poisoned, electric head. ' from My Pink Half of the Drainpipe by Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
murdock84
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 540
I've since put a few more miles on since my last post. I should have put some material between the seat cover and cushion. I washed the bike the other day and a buddy called and wanted to go on a quick ride. Not thinking about just washing it I got a wet ass and looked liked I pissed/shit myself. I could also use just a slight amount more foam towards the front. I slide just a little towards the front sometimes. For the money it is a great seat.
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #29
casperghst42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by casperghst42 View Post
I got tall one yesterday and got it installed/fittet. Did 50km with it today. It's softer than my TT seat, but it fells kind of better, I might order a harder foam insert later. The foam is fairly soft, I was adviced by SC to order the standard foam, but I think the harder one would be a better option.

Only thing I have against it is that it's not really that high, I would love it to be approx. 1" higher. But according to SC they are not going to make one with is extra Tall.

Casper
I've put ~8.200km on the seat the last 5 weeks (still on the way home), and I can find 2 things wrong with the seat;
- too soft... with my ~110km in gear the standard seat is way too soft, in hot weather (+30c) the bum starts hurting like hell after a while
- there is not enough resistance in the cover, it would be nice if they would produce a top with had a bit more grip, as I'm sliding all over the place - nice when one have to move around, but ...

But it's a great seat for the price.

There was one more thing, but I cannot remember what it was...

Casper
casperghst42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #30
dresda
shut up and RIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperghst42 View Post
- there is not enough resistance in the cover, it would be nice if they would produce a top with had a bit more grip, as I'm sliding all over the place - nice when one have to move around, but ...
There are two covers available, one grippy, one less grippy. I have the grippy one on my DR and the regular one on my GS.

If you have the cover with the 'hole' embossing then you have the less grippy version.