ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #136
blue72beetle
Look at my Wee

Oddometer: 149
Is this place open on Sundays? Planning a trip and I want to visit....
blue72beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #137
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue72beetle View Post
Is this place open on Sundays? Planning a trip and I want to visit....
Sat and Sun
7-10 breakfast 11-2 lunch might be 4 but I think 2
they will be open tomorrow ( labor day) for breakfast and lunch as well.

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #138
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,657
Might be worth a ride...just to check it out.
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #139
Nitzo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
patience grasshopp'er, patience ... It shall improve with time.
is two open or not?????????????????????DAMN..........ah......., ah.....i dont wanna hear about how it is going to be.......IS IT?
Nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #140
foxaviz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
@ Ujung Genteng beach, West Java.

This cottage not exclusive for two wheelers, but 4 wheels rarely come to this place because of the extreme access to reach.
The car which is shown bellow is the cottage owner. We can't just "shoo" him out

touch down

Relaxing

Another group

b

b2

b3
.... I get bored going in a straight line.
I see a curve in the road..... I get excited. I might even turn around and go through it again.
Journey Photo Album

foxaviz screwed with this post 10-01-2013 at 07:47 AM Reason: editing image URL
foxaviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #141
CRASHDADDY
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
YES, T.W.O is 100% open, it has been for about 2 months now. Great camping, breakfast and lunch, but no dinner menu. As always, a great destination
CRASHDADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #142
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Oddometer: 128
I'll help GT out here and clarify that T.W.O. has *not* reopened. Two Wheels of Suches is open. Same location, but it isn't T.W.O. He merely wants people to call it what it is. T.W.O. will most likely (I sure hope so!) open again when a suitable location is found.
IBA #8759
3sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #143
Nitzo
Beastly Adventurer

two pics................?

Nitzo screwed with this post 09-17-2013 at 03:30 PM
Old 09-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #144
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASHDADDY View Post
YES, T.W.O is 100% open, it has been for about 2 months now. Great camping, breakfast and lunch, but no dinner menu. As always, a great destination
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sum View Post
I'll help GT out here and clarify that T.W.O. has *not* reopened. Two Wheels of Suches is open. Same location, but it isn't T.W.O. He merely wants people to call it what it is. T.W.O. will most likely (I sure hope so!) open again when a suitable location is found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitzo View Post
call, call, call, no one answers.....i had been coming here for 25 years....fuck it if they don't answer......there are more and more motorcycle campgrounds in the mountains......ill pick another.
I Too Have Been Going There for Years. I Have Now One Half Weeks Post Right Shoulder Arthroscopy and was looking forward to riding up there and staying as soon as my orthopedic surgeon allows. now... maybe it isn't open again? what's going on?
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #145
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW View Post
I Too Have Been Going There for Years. I Have Now One Half Weeks Post Right Shoulder Arthroscopy and was looking forward to riding up there and staying as soon as my orthopedic surgeon allows. now... maybe it isn't open again? what's going on?
A new owner bought the property and re-opened it as Two Wheels of Suches. The previous owners still own the rights to the name TWO. You can still go there and camp or stay upstairs in the lodge. It's not the same as before but is still surrounded by the same great roads and you will still see many of the same riders there as before. I have not camped there yet and I'm disappointed they aren't open for dinner. The 2 times I ate lunch there it was good. I plan on camping there when I get the chance.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #146
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,887
TWoS has a FB page you can follow if you want too - https://www.facebook.com/TwoWheelsofSuches
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #147
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
A new owner bought the property and re-opened it as Two Wheels of Suches. The previous owners still own the rights to the name TWO. You can still go there and camp or stay upstairs in the lodge. It's not the same as before but is still surrounded by the same great roads and you will still see many of the same riders there as before. I have not camped there yet and I'm disappointed they aren't open for dinner. The 2 times I ate lunch there it was good. I plan on camping there when I get the chance.
Thank you for that clarification. I really appreciate it.
I, too, have enjoyed some incredible dinners in that dining room and am sorry they are not open for the last meal of the day. Maybe one day that will change. I surely hope so

you are right about its proximity to some of the best roads close to where I live as well. Perhaps I will be paying them a visit soon
thank you again
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #148
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,647
When I first started going there, TWO was still run by Frank Cheek. The only meal normally served was breakfast. The breakfast menu had only 2 choices: yes or no

After Britt and GT took over, they turned it into more of a real restaurant. The food was good but also brought in a lot more riders. If you were a camper who wanted some peace and quiet, this was not always good. At the time, I was coming in from out of town and didn't mind riding down 60 for dinner. Later, after Britt and GT took over, I moved to GA and enjoyed just going up on day rides and having lunch. Now I've moved out of GA and am looking forward to camping again on weekend trips. I'm also older and the ride to Dahlonega and back for dinner is not as exciting as when I was younger and never passed up any opportunity to ride a twisty road

I'm not sure how this compares to the old TWO but I am glad it is back open as a motorcycle resort and was not torn down for some real estate developement.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #149
Nitzo
Beastly Adventurer

The new owner just returned my call.....yah. They are open as others have stated. New shower house she told me. This is good, as ya'll know.. They still have the honor system if no one is there to take ur money. If you are staying in the house they will make arrangements for u to get in after hours. They are planning on building bunkhouses on the property. And they are going to be serving food again. Count me in.. I'm planning on being there the second weekend in October, if anyone else is going to be there, lets meet-up and have a cocktail. I'll be pour'n at my campsite.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #150
Nitzo
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sum View Post

I questioned the new owner as to why the T.W.O website wasn't taken down, she said GT just hadn't yet..........So, u r saying he is going to open another?.....Huh, now it all comes together.