ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #151
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Oddometer: 128
Last I spoke to him, he planned on opening another. I sure hope he does. Nothing against the new guy, but TWO is TWO, not the new place. I'm sure ill stay there at some point, but if (when) GT builds it, I'll be there.
IBA #8759
3sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #152
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitzo View Post
The new owner just returned my call.....yah. They are open as others have stated. New shower house she told me. This is good, as ya'll know.. They still have the honor system if no one is there to take ur money. If you are staying in the house they will make arrangements for u to get in after hours. They are planning on building bunkhouses on the property. And they are going to be serving food again. Count me in.. I'm planning on being there the second weekend in October, if anyone else is going to be there, lets meet-up and have a cocktail. I'll be pour'n at my campsite.
once again, I am very thankful for this update and I know I'll be there soon. I'm very excited about all the additions and upgrades they have in mind what has become a destination icon of the southeast motorcycle riding community.
I wish them great success on these hallowed grounds.
There's a lot of us here who know just how important it is that this place succeeds. The second week in October is too soon for me to get the clearance for my orthopedic surgeon to join you but I promise we'll do that one day
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #153
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sum View Post
Last I spoke to him, he planned on opening another. I sure hope he does. Nothing against the new guy, but TWO is TWO, not the new place. I'm sure ill stay there at some point, but if (when) GT builds it, I'll be there.
to me isn't about any of that. Quite frankly the more places in that area to stay, the better.
If there are two great places then it will be less likely you won't be able to get the place to sleep on a busy weekend when you call at the last moment
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
Old 09-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #154
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Oddometer: 128
Like I said, nothing against the new guy. I'm not sore someone else took over the old location, just wish T.W.O. hadn't been forced out. When GT opens a new place, whether it be N. GA or Texas, I'll be there.
IBA #8759
3sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #155
dpippin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Here's a few TWO photos from 2002 & 2003

Enjoy

dpippin screwed with this post 09-26-2013 at 06:18 AM Reason: added missing photos from first post
dpippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #156
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

I found those pictures so very enjoyable to see because they bring back so many memories. So many great nights spent there. So many amazing meals eaten there. So many incredible rides beginning and ending in that magical location. Thank you so much for taking the time to post those images. I really appreciated it
Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #157
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

from october, 2005:

Old 09-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #158
mtnfan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Good memories Greg!!!
mtnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #159
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnfan View Post
Good memories Greg!!!
Hans, so happy you saw that I posted these pictures
Old 09-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #160
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,792
I camped there this past weekend for 2 nights. Here's some pics:

When the old TWO closed, they sold off all the stuff inside. Here's the sprocket clock being returned.

Looking up towards the gas station.

As before, there is always interesting stuff in the parking lot.

It's not the same as the old TWO but the owner is committed to making improvements and it is still surrounded by the same great roads and scenery. It is also still a great place to meet interesting riders or have a group event.

klaviator screwed with this post 09-30-2013 at 06:30 AM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #161
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,723
Stopped in there yesterday, was good to be home. Although the place is newer, and does not YET have all the things on the wall etc it still felt right. Wasn't too crowded yesterday when I stopped in for lunch. Although the menu is a little pricey the cheese steak was great. Bathrooms clean and the campground looks well kept. All in all a great place to stop once again and Ill surely be back.
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #162
motocopter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
Nice post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
Stopped in there yesterday, was good to be home. Although the place is newer, and does not YET have all the things on the wall etc it still felt right. Wasn't too crowded yesterday when I stopped in for lunch. Although the menu is a little pricey the cheese steak was great. Bathrooms clean and the campground looks well kept. All in all a great place to stop once again and Ill surely be back.

My only ride report | IBA member | AMA member
motocopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #163
Missy Impossible
gone and forgotten

Oddometer: 178
I camped there this weekend as well (all by my lonesome out on the Hot Chili Pepper Peninsula, in honour of Skert).

I commend the new owner on his dedication to preserving the motorcycle-focused atmosphere but also for *definitely* improving the facilities. The new bath house is sooooo much nicer, and the front porch is wider, offering more people a view of incoming crashes.
First of all, donít love the one youíre with. Love the one you love, and donít give up on that love until it is gone.... Love for the sake of loving, love because you want to and need to not for money or a nice watch. - Charlie Brown
Missy Impossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #164
blue72beetle
Look at my Wee

Oddometer: 153
Had a visit this past Sunday the 22nd, stopped for lunch. We came up from Atlanta, and took 60 to get there. Holy cow I had no idea how fun that road was!

blue72beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #165
Missy Impossible
gone and forgotten

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
It's not the same as the old TWO but the owner is committed to making improvements and it is still surrounded by the same great roads and scenery. It is also still a great place to meet interesting riders or have a group event.

And that's the beauty of it.

Bob Wooldridge of BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta led an "easy-level" off-road ride on Saturday afternoon (for WAAAAY too many of us) and again on Sunday morning. His son Bobby took another group out Sunday morning for a "more spirited" off-road ride. That's about 4 hours worth of crumb trails (and helmet-hooting, teeth-clenching, cussing, frame-rattling, ass-skidding and feet-soaking in the stream crossing) on my GPS from NE to SW surrounding T.W.O.

Whether on asphalt or dirt, there's some damn good riding in every direction around T.W.O.
First of all, donít love the one youíre with. Love the one you love, and donít give up on that love until it is gone.... Love for the sake of loving, love because you want to and need to not for money or a nice watch. - Charlie Brown
Missy Impossible is offline   Reply With Quote