Oddometer: 700
Looks like this thread is dead. RIP.
maiden.jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #17
kingofdirt
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hi Maiden,

I am too moving to qatar at the end of October. Still unsure about the safety of the roads but would like to do some riding. From what I could find on the net there are not many adv riders in qatar but have seen people visiting UAE and Oman. Have you decided what bike you gonna buy?

Ali

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

kingofdirt screwed with this post 08-18-2013 at 01:44 PM
kingofdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #18
maiden.jade
Studly Adventurer

Hey Ali,

I'm already in Qatar. Arrived a couple of days ago. I was told by a staff here that there's a Harley store. I have not been there. I haven't seen any riders or motorcycles on the road. I probably won't be riding while I'm here. PM me if you have any questions. An adv rider from Dubai gave me some info about riding in the Gulf. I'm more than happy to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofdirt View Post
Hi Maiden,

I am too moving to qatar at the end of October. Still unsure about the safety of the roads but would like to do some riding. From what I could find on the net there are not many adv riders in qatar but have seen people visiting UAE and Oman. Have you decided what bike you gonna buy?

Ali

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #19
AussieClay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Doha

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden.jade View Post
Hey Ali,

I'm already in Qatar. Arrived a couple of days ago. I was told by a staff here that there's a Harley store. I have not been there. I haven't seen any riders or motorcycles on the road. I probably won't be riding while I'm here. PM me if you have any questions. An adv rider from Dubai gave me some info about riding in the Gulf. I'm more than happy to share.
I may be moving to Doha in the near future. Would love to bring my 500exc with me. Anyone able to comment on the off-road riding around Doha and also whether it is not worth importing my bike?

Thanks.
AussieClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #20
maiden.jade
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieClay View Post
I may be moving to Doha in the near future. Would love to bring my 500exc with me. Anyone able to comment on the off-road riding around Doha and also whether it is not worth importing my bike?

Thanks.
Depends on how much you are willing to pay for the import. There are motorcycle stores here (not only Harley) but I've not visited them to compare the prices. I've gotten to know some bikers here. PM me when you are certain of your plan to move to Doha and I'll ask these guys. I'm not sure if they do off-road at all.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #21
ThJ
n00b

Oddometer: 5
hi guys !

i'm gonna move from Belgium to Doha in the next couple of months.
i'm selling my Tiger 800xc here and was hoping to find another bike in Qatar. maybe something a bit more offroad suitable...

any tips of info would be nice.

Thanks!

Thijs
ThJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #22
ThJ
n00b

Oddometer: 5
ok, this thread must now be officially dead...
strange because i have seen a few motorbikes driving around last week...

regards
Thijs
ThJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #23
maiden.jade
Studly Adventurer

Not dead. Just that nobody checks it.

I've seen many bikes on the road especially on Friday morning.

Whereabouts are you? I'm in Education City.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #24
CptCaveman
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hi, first post, new member of this forum and new to biking (sort of) , I had a Honda CM450 that someone gave me when I was a teenager, rebuilt the bike over summer vacation, but haven't ridden since. Turning 30 soon and I decided to get back into bikes. I moved to Qatar 2 years and I've finally purchased a CR250r.

Is there anyone here in Doha/Qatar that rides and camps on the weekends or anything like that? I've found that its mostly dune bashing around here...
CptCaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #25
maiden.jade
Studly Adventurer

I've met an American lady who works in Qatar and she has two Harleys. She doesn't camp in the desert. I've been on offroad trips in the desert in a 4x4, and I haven't seen any bikes on the trails. Not sure why.

I've seen many bikers on the road. The parked ones outside the restaurants look awfully clean.

Although I miss riding in Qatar, I wouldn't want to buy a bike here. There aren't too many places to explore on a bike, and the country is landlocked by Saudi so there goes sneaking out to another country on a bike (especially for a woman).
Old 08-11-2014, 03:26 AM   #26
CptCaveman
n00b

Oddometer: 2
That's a shame. I'm a member of the Qatar rock climbers and I go out to Zekreet quite a bit, I always thought it would be a nice area to explore on a bike for a while and then camp for the night.
CptCaveman is offline   Reply With Quote