User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,803
Klim Adventure or Rev'it Everest GTX

This thread may be a little premature because I don't think the Everest is available yet, but I am thinking of buying a quality riding jacket this year and these are the two I have been looking at. I am starting this thread to hear what others riders that have been looking at these jackets think of each.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,238
Klim Adventure

let me be the first to say it....

Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer: 303
I just recently got my Klim Rally suit. I had looked at the Everest but I didn't like the vent on the back. The vent runs across the shoulders and would be blocked by wearing a camel back, which I do in the summer. The Klim already has the hydration pack built in and the vents are arranged around it. Also I have a Rev'it Dragon jacket, and although I like the jacket, I don't care for the way the collar fits my neck. The Everest seems to be the same way. Finally the Rev'it jackets are cut slimmer than the Klim. I'm kind of fat, and wanted the extra room for layering up. That's one thing about the Klim. It doesn't come with any kind of liner. You have to have your own layering system. For me that's a plus because I have all kinds of gear for layering both winter and summer.

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

I didn't realize the Klim had no liner... thx for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
I just recently got my Klim Rally suit. I had looked at the Everest but I didn't like the vent on the back. The vent runs across the shoulders and would be blocked by wearing a camel back, which I do in the summer. The Klim already has the hydration pack built in and the vents are arranged around it. Also I have a Rev'it Dragon jacket, and although I like the jacket, I don't care for the way the collar fits my neck. The Everest seems to be the same way. Finally the Rev'it jackets are cut slimmer than the Klim. I'm kind of fat, and wanted the extra room for layering up. That's one thing about the Klim. It doesn't come with any kind of liner. You have to have your own layering system. For me that's a plus because I have all kinds of gear for layering both winter and summer.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
Ghostpilots
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
For reference the Everest only has 1 liner, the insulating warming layer. The waterproof is bonded directly to the jacket. So if extreme airflow and sweaty climates are your riding conditions I would consider looking elsewhere. Perhaps the Defender.
Ghostpilots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostpilots View Post
For reference the Everest only has 1 liner, the insulating warming layer. The waterproof is bonded directly to the jacket. So if extreme airflow and sweaty climates are your riding conditions I would consider looking elsewhere. Perhaps the Defender.
I actually want the waterproofing in the jacket. No stopping to put in a rain liner... probably while it's raining...... or a water logged shell to carry around.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,796
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663648

Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
Hmm Worn 2 weeks and selling.... Could you give us a quick review and why are you selling?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #9
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,796
Between paying $3200 for insurance (5 speeding tickets) and getting bad sciatia this year I don't think I'll ride this summer
Old 03-04-2011, 05:20 AM   #10
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,143
I own both a Revit Off-track jacket and the Klim Adventure/Rally jacket. I have ridden close to 10,000 miles in the Revit and only just got the Klim. The Off track looks like this:

Cost new was/is about $400. The jacket came with the outer shell, an inner gore-tex liner, and an inner insulating liner. The jacket has big mesh pockets on the chest, cargo pockets on the waist, and another cargo pocket at the lower back. There is also a nice hidden pocket access behind the flap that covers the zipper. Waterproof zippers on the sleeves for vents and more on the chest to the left and right of the mesh pockets. Back, shoulder, and elbow armor. The sides of the jacket and the arms have straps on them that can be used to sinch the jacket down or expand it depending on your size and layering. Lastly there are side panels that could be zipped out for additional venting in hot environments. The jacket is a great fit for me and I still used it often and a great price.

I'll comment on the the whole inner waterproof liner bullshit. The inner liner idea is not worth 2 cents in my mind. The problem is that your entire outer jacket gets soaked...everything in your pockets gets wet, the jacket takes on a lot of weight, and lastly the jacket is now plugged with water so that the goretex liner is no longer capable of breathing and you get wet from sweat. I have ridden with the stock liners on one trip....after that I bought a tight fitting compact goretex like rain jacket to wear over the revit it. This jacket is east to store away and keeps everyhing underneath dry. Then I use either fleece or a heated liner under the main jacket for additional insulation.

On the Klim. I got a large...it fits well. I have yet to ride with it. It is supposed to be waterproof as it sits. It has no additional liners. Similar pockets to the Revit jacket but more useable and bigger. I got the Klim for some touring and for racing. Has cutout for my Leatt brace and the internal harness system should help keep the weight of the jacket and all the crap I'll put in it from being so tiring. I have used the revit as well for some racing and long distance offroad riding but was using a backpack and that really wears you out.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote