User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #46
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,861
Ben, I thought you weren't allowed that close to a school

AWesome guys!!! I've been mulling over getting one of those pedelars, anxious to hear how you guys adjust and how much it helps your other moto riding..

Looks like a hoot, ride it ANYWHERE, like you just don't care!!!
enduro-ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #47
mud
I just wander.....

Oddometer: 1,628
Wanna see mine?

It is good fun, really good for balance.
mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #48
Charla OP
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 25,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by geode View Post
so ... did you buy the one in B.C.?

I'm "negotiating" on an Echo right now.
Uhhhhh...... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud View Post
Wanna see mine?

It is good fun, really good for balance.
Nice.

You're mud over on OTN as well aren't you?
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #49
Charla OP
Tamalamian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geode View Post
I saw on the thread that the seller said a deal was pending.

Figured it was you.

It's all your fault.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #50
mud
I just wander.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
Uhhhhh...... yeah.

Nice.

You're mud over on OTN as well aren't you?
Thanks!
Yup, I try to keep it constant (I forget otherwise)....
Old 03-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #51
Charla OP
Tamalamian

Quote:
Thanks!
Yup, I try to keep it constant (I forget otherwise)....
I haven't been posting over there yet just lurking a lot. I'm not sure how well an old lady who doesn't know a darn thing about bicycles or riding trials will be received.

I did fail miserably at resisting the urge to snap up another bike for me and the kids. I tried to get Geode to buy it but he didn't fall for the trick.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #52
VertigoCycles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
cool to see a biketrials thread on a moto forum. As you found out, Matt at MidWest biketrials is good people and I've been very impressed with his attitude in general....I may be working with him in the future on a product I developed recently.

I don't ride trials much anymore since I moved from the rocky mid-atlantic to a very un-rocky Portland, OR but I can't bring myself to get rid of my bike.

If you're thinking about going to a mod bike, don't. The smaller wheels force you to hop through sections you might otherwise roll on a stock bike. Getting accustomed to rolling (I think) will translate over to moto much better than hopping a 16lb mod around. Plus, if you try to minimize your hopping (hopping becomes a crutch to maintain balance) you're going to pick up skills much faster and you're going to be much smoother.

Something that always helped me was visualizing where my hips need to end up. Don't worry so much about the bike, if you get your body where it needs to be, the bike will follow.
VertigoCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #53
mud
I just wander.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VertigoCycles View Post
cool to see a biketrials thread on a moto forum. As you found out, Matt at MidWest biketrials is good people and I've been very impressed with his attitude in general....I may be working with him in the future on a product I developed recently.

I don't ride trials much anymore since I moved from the rocky mid-atlantic to a very un-rocky Portland, OR but I can't bring myself to get rid of my bike.

If you're thinking about going to a mod bike, don't. The smaller wheels force you to hop through sections you might otherwise roll on a stock bike. Getting accustomed to rolling (I think) will translate over to moto much better than hopping a 16lb mod around. Plus, if you try to minimize your hopping (hopping becomes a crutch to maintain balance) you're going to pick up skills much faster and you're going to be much smoother.

Something that always helped me was visualizing where my hips need to end up. Don't worry so much about the bike, if you get your body where it needs to be, the bike will follow.
For those of you who enjoy bicycles PLEASE check out Sean's link to Vertigo.......

The diversity of this site never ceases to amaze me.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #54
Charla OP
Tamalamian

Quote:

Matt has been great to deal with, very patient with answering a bunch of noob questions and offering advice. We're having a little issue with the freewheel skipping and I called him up yesterday and he agreed to drop a new one in the mail.

Quote:

Originally the idea behind getting the bicycle was to take advantage of all the beautiful afternoons we have here in Denver, hopefully replacing a lot of beer drinking time with bicycle riding time. The goal for me is to improve my balance, work on body positioning, and improve my hand coordination (which is really pathetic right now) while getting a kick ass workout.

I'd like to participate in some comps but we have a lot going on in the summer so it's going to depend on what we are most excited about at the time to help us make decisions on what we're going to do.

Thanks for the pointers, I have so much information to process my brain is going into overload.

Quote:
For those of you who enjoy bicycles PLEASE check out Sean's link to Vertigo.......

The diversity of this site never ceases to amaze me.
Jeebus

Amazing work! Thanks for taking the time to chime in here Sean.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #55
GEARHEAD9969
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
There's a group of guys up in Duluth that practice on a regular basis. They use the rock's near Canal Parkway. I was only able to catch a few minutes but it was pretty cool to see the bikes in action. TPT actually did a segment on them showcasing their bikes and abilities. Pretty cool stuff.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #56
mud
I just wander.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD9969 View Post
There's a group of guys up in Duluth that practice on a regular basis. They use the rock's near Canal Parkway. I was only able to catch a few minutes but it was pretty cool to see the bikes in action. TPT actually did a segment on them showcasing their bikes and abilities. Pretty cool stuff.
Duluth is AWESOME! Spirit Mountain has some wonderfully riding as well.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #57
VertigoCycles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
Originally the idea behind getting the bicycle was to take advantage of all the beautiful afternoons we have here in Denver, hopefully replacing a lot of beer drinking time with bicycle riding time. The goal for me is to improve my balance, work on body positioning, and improve my hand coordination (which is really pathetic right now) while getting a kick ass workout.

I'd like to participate in some comps but we have a lot going on in the summer so it's going to depend on what we are most excited about at the time to help us make decisions on what we're going to do.

Thanks for the pointers, I have so much information to process my brain is going into overload.

Jeebus

Amazing work! Thanks for taking the time to chime in here Sean.
Thanks for the compliment. I'll be branching out from ti bicycle fab to include some moto work later on this year. I'll start with ti exhausts for the KTM990A and we'll see what happens after that.

Have fun with trials. The competition scene (compared to when I was deep into it in the late 90's) is all but dead in the US. Obviously, if you can find people who are much better than you (and are patient) you can make leaps and bounds in your skillset in a very short period of time.

Oh, ride natural sections whenever possible. It's much harder at first, but your skills will improve more rapidly because you'll never have a nice surface on which to track stand.

I'm feeling a little inspired right now to go dust off my trials bike.
VertigoCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #58
GEARHEAD9969
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
That whole North Shore area is awesome. I rode the 2-day trials event last year in Gilbert for the 1st time. The only complaint I had was that it had to end. It's amazing how quickly you learn how to improve your skills playing around on the massive over burden piles. Hopefully the snow starts melting soon, our 1st event this year is April 17th in Theilman.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #59
Charla OP
Tamalamian

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. I'll be branching out from ti bicycle fab to include some moto work later on this year. I'll start with ti exhausts for the KTM990A and we'll see what happens after that.

Have fun with trials. The competition scene (compared to when I was deep into it in the late 90's) is all but dead in the US. Obviously, if you can find people who are much better than you (and are patient) you can make leaps and bounds in your skillset in a very short period of time.

Oh, ride natural sections whenever possible. It's much harder at first, but your skills will improve more rapidly because you'll never have a nice surface on which to track stand.

I'm feeling a little inspired right now to go dust off my trials bike.
It sounds like there are a good number of guys in Colorado to ride with. After we get a bit more practice in we might try to meet up with a few of them.

The bicycles will definitely go with us wherever the moto trials bikes go, so I'm sure we'll get some good time in on natural terrain.

You should definitely go dust off the old bike and go have some fun.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #60
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,560
This thread is growing some legs. Very cool! I gotta look for a trials bicycle a little harder now!! Love the idea of a quick workout right in my own yard in spare time. Great workout and work on balance and skills at the same time...win win!!