User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
theothersean OP
dirty boy

Oddometer: 959
Thrill N chill 2010

Pulled in to the field on saturday to find Beez and BBQER set up in the field, so we got set up and ready to head out for the DS ride

a few random pics of the days event

Beez man handling the beemer

wife posing

kurt on his 640

nice little up hill

kurt ripping on through

brad geting out of shape

then tearing it up

80 some odd miles later and we were back at camp for some relaxing
the steak dinner was great again , though no pics.

I ended up winning some riding socks and oil in the raffle , and I never win. '
great time for sure ,

day 2
Mark and todd show up in time for breakfast get through tech inspection and we head out for the dual sport loop ,
plan is to do the 1st half of the loop with hero sections to the lunch stop and do the 2nd 1/2 of the turkey run after lunch .

some where near URI I think were these remote controll stunt planes , pretty tallented pilot

we stopped for a quick break as some times when mother nature calls , you can't just take a message .

not too many pics of the loop , there was a far amount of pavement , but a lot of it was fun twistie stuff,

we went into the hero section that just so happens to be on marks property, so we were very familiar with the trails and what to expect , I was more than supprised to see gary, kurt, and tom out in the woods on thier big bikes , though they were looking for a way out .

here are a couple pics of the worst of it for a big bike,

though it is even tight for the little bikes

this one you have to take like a jump or you will get stuck, just stay on the gas right over the top then worry about stopping on the otherside in the small rock garden

we finally made it to lunch , around 1pm with roughly 100 miles on the day , seems as though everyone else skipped the last 15 miles and headed right to lunch , there were slim pickins' by the time we got there . We fueled up on gatorade and topped off the camel backs to head out for the afternoon trail ride. Which was a super fun twistie single track that went on for 18 miles or so.

gravity seemed to be twice as strong in this section of the woods

then we got to the dakar section

I have not quite figured out how to ride deep sand , to I stayed on the gas and went along for the ride when

by now we are in the heat of the day, already did 100 miles in the morning , we hadn't eaten any lunch and we were getting worn out , but pressed on as the trails were awesome

I started to bog in the sand 1/2 way up the hill, tried shifting to 1st and hit neutral so I had to walk it up over the top . mark and wifey made it up no problems

by the end we were definately ready for it to be over , and while the wife hates bridge crossings this one was a welcome sight as it lead back to the truck

all said for the day we clocked just over 130 miles, we were heat exhausted, worn out and dehydrated , but a good time was had for sure .

Next year we will have to skip some of the pavement, eat early and save our energy for the trails.

thanks to the rhody rovers for putting on the event .
04 prairie 700 (plow duty)

theothersean screwed with this post 07-19-2010 at 06:24 PM
theothersean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,081
Nice report and my hats off to you all for riding that last section. My buddy and I were on KTM250 and Husky TE310, and we were whipped by the end.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
BusyWeb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
BusyWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
redneck rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Some how, I missed this when it was posted last year. You caught me on camera. Not may people get pictures of me (no, I'm not that fast, I just don't like pictures).

Thats me in the pic 12th from the bottom, on the blue Yamaha in a t-shirt and carhart pants, with the flat black helmate.

Last years ride was awsome! Can't wait for this years!
redneck rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
theothersean OP
dirty boy

Oddometer: 959
we will be there again this year, same black thule V nose with silver dakota .

probably going to be on the WRR and KLX again .
04 prairie 700 (plow duty)
theothersean is offline   Reply With Quote