ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #16
brucifer
Beastly Adventurer
 
brucifer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Eureka, Ca.
Oddometer: 2,214
Well shoot, I guessed right too...what do I get?
__________________
2005 KTM 525EXC-2000 Buell M2 Cyclone-1996 XR600R-Plated 1995 XR600R-1993 Kawasaki KX500-1984 Honda XL600R/XR650L Hybrid-1984 Yamaha TT600L-1980 Honda CB750F
brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:27 AM   #17
Purcell69 OP
Mors ex Tenebris
 
Purcell69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Moving forward...at the speed of rust in mid-OK
Oddometer: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucifer View Post
Well shoot, I guessed right too...what do I get?
You get to sit in Steve's lap on the flight out here and then open his beer.

Honestly, thanks for the help in pointing me in the right direction. Normally a one-owner bike is a good bet, and in all reality this one isn't bad. Unfortunately the widow who sold me the bike has an idiot for a boyfriend who took it out and tried to ride it like a CR125 (without her knowledge). He screwed a few things up after she had it prepped for sale and did not tell her about it. I've been finding them as I go along.

Should our paths ever cross, I'll buy both you guys a beer.

-Joe
__________________
The Marines...When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight.

Trust and Respect take years to earn, but can be lost in a moment.

Life's too short to hold a grudge. -Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:13 AM   #18
brucifer
Beastly Adventurer
 
brucifer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Eureka, Ca.
Oddometer: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69 View Post
You get to sit in Steve's lap on the flight out here and then open his beer.

Honestly, thanks for the help in pointing me in the right direction. Normally a one-owner bike is a good bet, and in all reality this one isn't bad. Unfortunately the widow who sold me the bike has an idiot for a boyfriend who took it out and tried to ride it like a CR125 (without her knowledge). He screwed a few things up after she had it prepped for sale and did not tell her about it. I've been finding them as I go along.

Should our paths ever cross, I'll buy both you guys a beer.

-Joe
Well, I like Steve and all but I'm not sure I wanna get that comfotable with him.

I gave up adult beverages some time ago but I'd certainly take a coffee or Dr Pepper.

And Joe, thank you for your service.
__________________
2005 KTM 525EXC-2000 Buell M2 Cyclone-1996 XR600R-Plated 1995 XR600R-1993 Kawasaki KX500-1984 Honda XL600R/XR650L Hybrid-1984 Yamaha TT600L-1980 Honda CB750F
brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:22 AM   #19
Purcell69 OP
Mors ex Tenebris
 
Purcell69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Moving forward...at the speed of rust in mid-OK
Oddometer: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucifer View Post
I gave up adult beverages some time ago but I'd certainly take a coffee or Dr Pepper.
I can respect that. Whatever your flavor, it's on me.

-Joe
__________________
The Marines...When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight.

Trust and Respect take years to earn, but can be lost in a moment.

Life's too short to hold a grudge. -Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #20
nickfast
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Oddometer: 4
Old thread, I know.
I seem to have misplaced mine-anyone have a source for a replacment, of can tell me the size so I can find a generic that fits?
__________________
Nick

1984 XL350R
nickfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #21
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer
 
mcma111's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco,Ca.
Oddometer: 10,862
Pull out your set of drill bits and see which one fits. Cut the shank off and drive it home.
__________________
Steve in SF

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
nickfast
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
Pull out your set of drill bits and see which one fits. Cut the shank off and drive it home.


Great idea!
Thanks!
__________________
Nick

1984 XL350R
nickfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #23
nickfast
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Oddometer: 4
Well, I had a better idea.
Tapped the hole out to 3/16 (5/32 bit was a slip fit) and put in a loctited set screw.
Ran it in until the decompressor shaft started to drag, then backed off a touch.
Better idea than a smooth pin with nothing to mechanically retain it, IMO.
__________________
Nick

1984 XL350R
nickfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014