Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 AM   #76
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Good to see you've made the thread useful I have done a few mods along the way also
have you tryed larger foot pegs your feet will thank you
Old 09-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #77
ClutchGuy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Does anyone know exactly what the values in the FL Switch table refer too? I tried the throttle table adjustment (all 100%) and didn't notice much difference? Anyone else been trying anything?
ClutchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #78
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,111
as far as i know it's the switch in tps % to transfer from the L map, using those value's, MAP and O2 sensor towards the 'regular' F map, using mainly uncorrected value's for squirt duration.

Topic starter states much improvement with the modified L map, but virtually disables it with the F/L switch parameters.
Have you modified the 2 together or seperately? I think if you now load a standard L map and leave your adjusted F and F/L param's, you would not know the diffrence.

I agree on the Evo1 kit map, i dont get it at all, the bike is much much leaner with it than with the akra map, has the idle hanging even, felth like dangerously lean to me and took it out after 10 minutes of testing.
In fact, if you compare it to the original standard pipe map, it's about the same in squirt duration.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #79
ClutchGuy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
as far as i know it's the switch in tps % to transfer from the L map, using those value's, MAP and O2 sensor towards the 'regular' F map, using mainly uncorrected value's for squirt duration.

Topic starter states much improvement with the modified L map, but virtually disables it with the F/L switch parameters.
Have you modified the 2 together or seperately? I think if you now load a standard L map and leave your adjusted F and F/L param's, you would not know the diffrence.

I agree on the Evo1 kit map, i dont get it at all, the bike is much much leaner with it than with the akra map, has the idle hanging even, felth like dangerously lean to me and took it out after 10 minutes of testing.
In fact, if you compare it to the original standard pipe map, it's about the same in squirt duration.
Thanks, I agree with everything your saying. I have not tested anything other then the 100% throttle map. I've just put in maps with all the changes mentioned by the topic starter but have not yet tested. The only concern I have is the F/L parameters but looking at the maps the F map seems richer so if anything, I'll be running a little richer overall which is safe.

ClutchGuy screwed with this post 10-01-2011 at 09:25 AM Reason: need to change a word
ClutchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #80
WHKED RIDER
WHKED RIDER

Oddometer: 7
NOOB to KTMs and looking for advice on tanks

Wanted to say thanks for the thread. You have really put together a well thought through and detailed description of mods. I have looked into a lot of the mods you have gone into detail here. I have been debating on whether to upgrade to the RR tank kit as you have or to the Safari tank. I like the look of the RR tank and the way it integrates into the original looks of the bike. What I have found is that the RR tanks don't add as much fuel as the Safari Tank and require two separate fill locations and are more costly overall. Have you had any experience with the Safari tank, or does anyone on the thread have any advice on pros and cons of both tank styles? The 3.1 gallon stock won't cut it. Extra fuel bottles are ok but take up valuable space. Thanks for any advice.

WHKED RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #81
Bike Nomad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHKED RIDER View Post
I have been debating on whether to upgrade to the RR tank kit as you have or to the Safari tank. I like the look of the RR tank and the way it integrates into the original looks of the bike. What I have found is that the RR tanks don't add as much fuel as the Safari Tank and require two separate fill locations and are more costly overall. Have you had any experience with the Safari tank, or does anyone on the thread have any advice on pros and cons of both tank styles?
There is an entire thread for this question, although not very active.... http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388847

You have already come up with 3 cons for the RR. Most folks consider the RR prettier and has more of a stock look, while the Safari is more utilitarian. To my mind, I would be less upset dropping the Safari equipped bike on to a pile of rocks, than dropping the RR equipped bike on to a pile of rocks. It used to be that the Safari protected the radiator more, but RR recently had a product improvement that addressed that issue. I read the account of one 690 owner that had used both systems. He did rally racing and found for that purpose it was easier to remove 1/2 or all of the RR setup to facilitate nightly maintenance on the bike. If I remember correctly, I believe the consensus is the RR feels slightly slimmer between your legs when riding standing, but that it wasn't a huge difference. I hope that helps you some.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #82
WHKED RIDER
WHKED RIDER

Oddometer: 7
Thanks for the thread link. I will look into this more. I hadn't considered the maintenance issue yet since I haven't seen any decent pics of how the tank looks from top or rear looking forward. I also have the scotts stabilizer installed and I don't know if the safari tank would work with that being present. I will read the thread. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Nomad View Post
There is an entire thread for this question, although not very active.... http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388847

You have already come up with 3 cons for the RR. Most folks consider the RR prettier and has more of a stock look, while the Safari is more utilitarian. To my mind, I would be less upset dropping the Safari equipped bike on to a pile of rocks, than dropping the RR equipped bike on to a pile of rocks. It used to be that the Safari protected the radiator more, but RR recently had a product improvement that addressed that issue. I read the account of one 690 owner that had used both systems. He did rally racing and found for that purpose it was easier to remove 1/2 or all of the RR setup to facilitate nightly maintenance on the bike. If I remember correctly, I believe the consensus is the RR feels slightly slimmer between your legs when riding standing, but that it wasn't a huge difference. I hope that helps you some.
WHKED RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #83
gordons
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Akro map on 2011 Enduro R

Hi, my questions primarily stems out of paranoia, so apologies.

Project: Want to add Akro slip-on plus Uni-filter and use Tune ECU to upgrade EPT & EFI maps and do the EPT and 15 min. idle reset.

Bike is a UK/AUS/NZ model so it has no EPA hardware but does have the SAS hardware. I'm able to connect with Tune ECU and read my maps. I have also saved them just in the event I do continue and change things and they turn to crap with the hope of being able to load (download) them back on the bike.

Questions- updated:
1. The SAS removal is that optional or compulsory with the above upgrade of hardware?
Update: Optional
2. The 2011 EPT (KM765EU11B0231EP) & FI (KM765EU11B0231FI) maps from Tune ECU, are they universal to all 2011 Enduro R models?
Update: These maps are universal but specific to 2011 R models.
3. I only load these maps and DO NOT continue with any other steps under the heading "PLAY TIME" as described in post #13 on page 1 of this thread?
Update: Only load the maps.

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2007 Honda XR650R - sold

gordons screwed with this post 12-13-2011 at 02:16 AM
gordons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #84
IntrepidRunner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
My compliments, Barton, for providing well thought-out and complete instructions. Great photos too. I'm looking forward to an update, perhaps with repairs, preventative maintenance or still more mods.
IntrepidRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #85
jonnykilo
Traveller

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidRunner View Post
My compliments, Barton, for providing well thought-out and complete instructions. Great photos too. I'm looking forward to an update, perhaps with repairs, preventative maintenance or still more mods.
+1

Sent from my iPhone
jonnykilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #86
CordR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidRunner View Post

+2.

I'm in the midst of some mods right now and have been using this as a reference. Thanks, Bartron.

C
CordR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #87
Bartron OP
Bike Punisher

Oddometer: 692
Update

I'm in the midst of some seriously-mindbending study. It's been like that for months now hence the lack of updates. Updates should start up again mid to late April and really hit full swing mid June. Unfortunately, my riding has taken a similar hit.

Nonetheless, here's what's in the works:

Suspension upgrade fron and rear
Flexx bars
finally post the Lynx install - with the updates from Lynx
Rally Raid rear tank install (you can never have enough gas...seriously)
Vortex CDI install

Thank you all for your patience and for the supportive feedback I've gotten. Hope you're all enjoying the new riding season!

==================================
:: Furious Basterds: Velox, Vehemens, Oblivio
::
:: "For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible. For those who do, none is necessary."
Bartron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #88
Kirkster
Parts Murderer

Oddometer: 296
Lynx

Bartron,

Looking at getting the Lynx Fairing but am waiting on your review and install instructions...

Thanks for the write up on the rest of the stuff. Just wishing my 2012 690 would get here before I leave the country
07 WR 450F
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #89
slidewayz
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Bartron, I sent you a PM.. hopefully we can touch base soon.
Thanks!
slidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #90
Kirkster
Parts Murderer

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkster View Post
Bartron,

Looking at getting the Lynx Fairing but am waiting on your review and install instructions...

Thanks for the write up on the rest of the stuff. Just wishing my 2012 690 would get here before I leave the country
My Lynx is in the mail... Update on the fairing install post???
07 WR 450F
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote