Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #91
blackSP
62 6c 61 63 6b 53 50

Oddometer: 450
Guys, I say at KTM_OEM & Custom Tune_list that the 2012 SMC R maps for akra are out.
I guess the Enduro R will be next with days.

Update:
I just flashed the 2012 akra map on the 690 with akra header and foam duo filter with original airbox with snorkel PLUS a stoking over the intake and the result is perfect! No more stalling, very strong pull, revving is perfect, all good! You can flash it :)

b l a c k S P e c i a l s

blackSP screwed with this post 05-10-2012 at 11:15 AM
blackSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #92
m0ng00se
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartron View Post
KM765EU11B0231FIMap.hex and EPT map - This is the 'Akro' map for the 2011 models with the updated throttle bodies. The EPT map is same as the previous 'Akra' maps. The FI map is different which makes sense given the new throttle bodies.
REVIEW: We have just loaded this onto Getafix's bike and plan to make the changes as above and will report how it goes. This map is not widely available and I was unable to attach it as a zip file for everyone but will email it to TuneECU.
Hi Bartron,

Just wondered if you guys ever did load this map with the changes outlined in your post ? If so, how did it go ? I have 2011 Enduro R with Akra pipe, but bike stalls at least once a day, especially in slower traffic.
m0ng00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #93
Bartron OP
Bike Punisher

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se View Post
Hi Bartron,

Just wondered if you guys ever did load this map with the changes outlined in your post ? If so, how did it go ? I have 2011 Enduro R with Akra pipe, but bike stalls at least once a day, especially in slower traffic.
Hey Man, we did try them out. The guys report smoother initial throttle action, strong low-end but with some loss of top-end. I guess that would be a compromise between usability and raw top-end race power. No complaints from the boys yet.

The nice thing is that you can always flash the ECU back to stock.

==================================
:: Furious Basterds: Velox, Vehemens, Oblivio
::
:: "For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible. For those who do, none is necessary."
Bartron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #94
Sliverpicker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
I just picked up the 2012 690R enduro. Went with the Leo Vince with spark arrestor, foam UNI and had it remapped from the dealer for $45. No more stalls, smoother throttle, no more jerky stuff on the lower rpm, pull is noticeably stronger and now I get third gear wheel loft without even trying. I got rid of the vapor can and the SAS crap following the instructions from "Code Orange" and it worked great---I feel better about loosing all that B/S that can go wrong. I can now smell real exhaust from the pipe and the motor does "NOT" have to breath that hot air from the motor-------

Next mod is to bypass the 2nd 3rd gear limiter----things should get better soon.

Great thread and thanks for the professional advice

Cheers
Sliverpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #95
vegemanNZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan690 View Post
I just picked up the 2012 690R enduro. Went with the Leo Vince with spark arrestor, foam UNI and had it remapped from the dealer for $45. No more stalls, smoother throttle, no more jerky stuff on the lower rpm, pull is noticeably stronger and now I get third gear wheel loft without even trying. I got rid of the vapor can and the SAS crap following the instructions from "Code Orange" and it worked great---I feel better about loosing all that B/S that can go wrong. I can now smell real exhaust from the pipe and the motor does "NOT" have to breath that hot air from the motor-------

Next mod is to bypass the 2nd 3rd gear limiter----things should get better soon.

Great thread and thanks for the professional advice

Cheers
Hey, good stuff on unplugging the machine. I have Leo Vince and Foam filter (ktm orange but seems identical to UNI), my airbox is also drilled to let more air in, and have had the akra race map loaded.

I beleive, but hard to confirm, that this factory map supposgets rid of the 2 & 3 gear restricter so that may be already allowing the wheelies to occur :-)
Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #96
pwh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Just wanted to say thanks for all the great info! This morning I installed a LV slip-on and used TuneECU to upload the Akra map with your recommended changes. Bike pulls 3rd gear power wheelies going downhill now! Runs great! If you ever come to NYC I'll buy ya a beer!
pwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #97
Sethro303
Master of Disaster

Oddometer: 256
Subscribed!!

I just picked up an 08 690 and there are some great tech write ups here!! Subscribed!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/
Sethro303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #98
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Oddometer: 1,901
Do you guys have the 'THAD' and 'APAD' voltages for the 2011 model ?
I want to check out my settings but I only have the Repair Manual for 2008 and can't find a 2011 Repair Manual.
Andy

http://www.jet-metal.com
El Ponkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #99
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
It would appear that this thread has lost it's life. I may be posing a question that no one will see. Here goes. I want to move the underseat map switch capability to the handlebars. Page 1 of this thread mentions the use of a Leo Vance switch to do just that. However I find no such switch for the 690 on their web site. Also other makers of KTM map switches indicate that they are for changing the ignition timing. This compounds my confusion as the underseat switch on the 690 deals with fuel mapping. However a switch is a switch and perhaps it can be adapted. The question: What device are you using?
http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #100
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
It would appear that this thread has lost it's life. I may be posing a question that no one will see. Here goes. I want to move the underseat map switch capability to the handlebars. Page 1 of this thread mentions the use of a Leo Vance switch to do just that. However I find no such switch for the 690 on their web site. Also other makers of KTM map switches indicate that they are for changing the ignition timing. This compounds my confusion as the underseat switch on the 690 deals with fuel mapping. However a switch is a switch and perhaps it can be adapted. The question: What device are you using?
Here's a post from the new mega-thread which has info you may find useful about the dirt bike map switches when used on a 690. They are plug compatible but do not offer the option of the standard map. The standard and "wild" do produce the same power but give it less abruptly. I think it is useful to have the poor fuel option as I usually use the "wild" rather than standard.

Also, ignition advance is a part of the maps, so those are changed too. The 690 TuneECU thread contains information about how one could change which map number is associated with which map option.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote