Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #31
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,678
My LV w/ the quiet/spark arrestor insert is pretty quiet. Might even say quieter than stock. I believe the part was additional $40 or so. It will pass the poke test as well. Rangers here won't accept the cat as a spark arrestor.
I have sound tested the bike previously, but forgot the numbers. I posted them in one of the exhaust threads.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #32
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,409
You have pic or location for the spark arrester. I can't seem to find one.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #33
johngil
Reseda, CA

Call LV. There wasn't any listing, but the guy set me up.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #34
johngil
Reseda, CA

This may be the one.

http://www.dualsportwarehouse.com/LE...307587801R.htm
Old 09-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #35
JediJitsu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Thanks for the info John!
JediJitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #36
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
After a 30 mile ride....and idle for a few minutes.... I measured 145 deg F. at the beginning of the can....and 135 deg. F. at the end...... For your concerns about soft luggage proximity.... The pipe is very cool....no really....I mean cool to the touch.... Try that on a alloy can..... Riding impressions are great. It is very hard to base power of the seat of the pant`s......so with out a dyno..... I will leave this one. I will say this.... There are no loss of HP or torque...... For sure. I like the sound better than the oval LV pipe. This is biased though..... I will venture out on a limb here, and say that the new one ( LV One) is about 1 db louder..... Or so it sounds.... The oval one had a more harsh...less low freq. idle, and bark....whereas the new LV One has a lower trq. rumble at idle.... nice bark like the oval...... Just not as choked as the old one. Preliminary fuel mileage results....... I will say a slight increase over the oval, but I need to ride more to confirm this. Not sure of the reason here.....could be my imagination.......But the old sleeve is 30mm longer....but with an appearance of a longer end cap...... A shortening....even 30mm.... can have a affect of tq. and hp......in a good way on both.....The motor does not backfire as much as with the old oval LV pipe...... Not sure of the explanation there.....except for the ecm is still fine tuning the new flowing pipe. One final observation...... Riding the pipe.....overall it has a better sound to me than the old oval......again biased.....but a great awesome sounding pipe. When I get my hands on my fellow 8gs rider`s oval.... I will post up the results as well.......

This is a great thread about the exhaust that you have, and the one I just bought. But, not to be an ass here, can you please use some line breaks when you write? Just press enter on occasion to separate paragraphs and use regular periods instead of ... ... ... all the time. It's really difficult to read and it adds absolutely nothing to the content. Please.
señormoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:32 AM   #37
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by themattreid View Post
This is a great thread about the exhaust that you have, and the one I just bought. But, not to be an ass here, can you please use some line breaks when you write? Just press enter on occasion to separate paragraphs and use regular periods instead of ... ... ... all the time. It's really difficult to read and it adds absolutely nothing to the content. Please.
Glad you found the info useful. I don`t use the " line break" as the forum format automatically inserts it when needed.... I do how ever use the....... as a indication of a pause, quite frequently instead of a comma......which is just the way I write, even it might not be grammatically correct..... It is the way I write. I am sorry that it bothers you, but I do not see myself change that.

Erling
ebrabaek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #38
lmclamore
Citation Collector

Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by themattreid View Post
Try to give the guy a break...He is from Denmark (wink, wink). My Danish writings are far worse than his English. I just realized I use the triple period pause a lot myself. Hmmm, maybe it IS a Scandinavian thing?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #39
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmclamore View Post
Try to give the guy a break...He is from Denmark (wink, wink). My Danish writings are far worse than his English. I just realized I use the triple period pause a lot myself. Hmmm, maybe it IS a Scandinavian thing?
Fnis......I think you might be on to something......

Erling
ebrabaek is online now   Reply With Quote