ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #61
fulviapaulo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
fulviapaulo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Portugal
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Great stuff Luis.
I have a dream team in my mind already...... it's a multi-cultural team with several numpties from different parts of Europe..... and one Austrailian!

T.
NDT - Numpty Dream Team

Where does one apply?
__________________
Portugal

8? Honda QR50 (my kids bike)
91 Aprilia RX50 (first bike)
93 Honda AfricaTwin
98 Husaberg FE400
05 Honda Zoomer
ex-88 Honda Dominator (2008-2009)
72 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S
79 Ford Capri 2.0S
00 Land Rover Defender 110SW (sadly missed)
fulviapaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #62
LuisLourenco OP
Blue orange
 
LuisLourenco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Carcavelos, Portugal
Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by francs View Post
I like it.
I am in.
"to make reservation and pay hotels reservation fees"?
cheers
Franc
Good, Franc!

You and your 690 will feel it too easy :-)

Hotel reservations upon my return from Raid de l'Amitiι, 2nd May...

Cheers!
__________________
Luis Lourenco
'08 Blue LC8 S
'04 525 MXC
'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid
LuisLourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #63
Timpo
NORTH WALES TRF.
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Downtown Wombatislava, England.
Oddometer: 2,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulviapaulo View Post
NDT - Numpty Dream Team

Where does one apply?
Hey dude, some people have no need to apply, they get immediate inclusion......., and guess what?
__________________
The Rave Generator......
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #64
fulviapaulo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
fulviapaulo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Portugal
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Hey dude, some people have no need to apply, they get immediate inclusion......., and guess what?
What...?
__________________
Portugal

8? Honda QR50 (my kids bike)
91 Aprilia RX50 (first bike)
93 Honda AfricaTwin
98 Husaberg FE400
05 Honda Zoomer
ex-88 Honda Dominator (2008-2009)
72 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S
79 Ford Capri 2.0S
00 Land Rover Defender 110SW (sadly missed)
fulviapaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #65
zazer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South East, UK
Oddometer: 19
Hi
I'm doing my first ever adventure ride this summer and I think I would like to come along for this, get some experience and some advice from seasoned experts.
How does it work exactly? I just turn up at the right place on the 10th June and there is a route all prepared I just have to bring all my equipment? And get to ride for 9 whole days off road? Sounds amazing

Cheers
Alex
zazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #66
fulviapaulo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
fulviapaulo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Portugal
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazer View Post
Hi
I'm doing my first ever adventure ride this summer and I think I would like to come along for this, get some experience and some advice from seasoned experts.
How does it work exactly? I just turn up at the right place on the 10th June and there is a route all prepared I just have to bring all my equipment? And get to ride for 9 whole days off road? Sounds amazing

Cheers
Alex
You got it right Alex! Just choose one of the versions (VaP or NSH) and sign up

See you around
__________________
Portugal

8? Honda QR50 (my kids bike)
91 Aprilia RX50 (first bike)
93 Honda AfricaTwin
98 Husaberg FE400
05 Honda Zoomer
ex-88 Honda Dominator (2008-2009)
72 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S
79 Ford Capri 2.0S
00 Land Rover Defender 110SW (sadly missed)
fulviapaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #67
zazer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South East, UK
Oddometer: 19
Right well sign me up for the VaP then please :)
zazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:33 AM   #68
Tafka
Adventurer
 
Tafka's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Carnarvon, Western Australia
Oddometer: 15
God it seems so tempting...
Some questions:
When the VaP list will be closed?
If i'm joining i would be riding from Estonia to Portugal(~3000km i think) but that means bringing some nice knobbi tyres with me and changing them....changing would be not so big problem but i really would'nt like to carry road tyres with me when off-roading...so small problem with storing them during the ride.
Is there near by a tyre change?(i tend to puncture the inner tube when changing myself)
I'll be thinking and calculating a little bit and will let you know...if there's still time to join with the list
EDIT: one more question...how are the fuel stops arranged? (if i fit knobbi tyres and smaller sprocket to front i get about 200-250km with one tank on "good" roads...depends on the right arm position ) Is that ok or should i hold a reserv with bottle?
I know these are silly questions but i am a little bit over thinker
__________________
Honda XL600V "Transalp" '91 aka "Tuuli"
Dnepr MT10-36 '81 aka "Milvi"
IBA #33754

Tafka screwed with this post 05-03-2011 at 12:39 PM
Tafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #69
LuisLourenco OP
Blue orange
 
LuisLourenco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Carcavelos, Portugal
Oddometer: 289
Entering Portugal returning now from Morocco, I will answer as soon as possible ;-)
__________________
Luis Lourenco
'08 Blue LC8 S
'04 525 MXC
'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid
LuisLourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #70
fulviapaulo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
fulviapaulo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Portugal
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisLourenco View Post
Entering Portugal returning now from Morocco, I will answer as soon as possible ;-)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafka View Post
God it seems so tempting...
Some questions:
When the VaP list will be closed?
If i'm joining i would be riding from Estonia to Portugal(~3000km i think) but that means bringing some nice knobbi tyres with me and changing them....changing would be not so big problem but i really would'nt like to carry road tyres with me when off-roading...so small problem with storing them during the ride.
Is there near by a tyre change?(i tend to puncture the inner tube when changing myself)
I'll be thinking and calculating a little bit and will let you know...if there's still time to join with the list
EDIT: one more question...how are the fuel stops arranged? (if i fit knobbi tyres and smaller sprocket to front i get about 200-250km with one tank on "good" roads...depends on the right arm position ) Is that ok or should i hold a reserv with bottle?
I know these are silly questions but i am a little bit over thinker
Let me try to help you. Luis, correct me if I say somethin' wrong...
- No worries with storing the tyre during the event
- Regarding the tyre change, I think something can be arranged... it's just a question of time schedule
- 200-250km are enough (at least that's roughly what I get from my AT)
- I guess there's still time for you to join the list, specially coming from that far away Choose one of the two options and then we'll talk.

Hope this is enough. See'ya in June
__________________
Portugal

8? Honda QR50 (my kids bike)
91 Aprilia RX50 (first bike)
93 Honda AfricaTwin
98 Husaberg FE400
05 Honda Zoomer
ex-88 Honda Dominator (2008-2009)
72 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S
79 Ford Capri 2.0S
00 Land Rover Defender 110SW (sadly missed)
fulviapaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:32 AM   #71
Tafka
Adventurer
 
Tafka's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Carnarvon, Western Australia
Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulviapaulo View Post
Let me try to help you. Luis, correct me if I say somethin' wrong...
- No worries with storing the tyre during the event
- Regarding the tyre change, I think something can be arranged... it's just a question of time schedule
- 200-250km are enough (at least that's roughly what I get from my AT)
- I guess there's still time for you to join the list, specially coming from that far away Choose one of the two options and then we'll talk.

Hope this is enough. See'ya in June
Ok, thanks for that info.
Now i have to think how bad do i want to ride 4200km to Portugal to join this event And how expensive it will get
__________________
Honda XL600V "Transalp" '91 aka "Tuuli"
Dnepr MT10-36 '81 aka "Milvi"
IBA #33754
Tafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #72
LuisLourenco OP
Blue orange
 
LuisLourenco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Carcavelos, Portugal
Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazer View Post
Right well sign me up for the VaP then please :)
Signed up.

What bike you bring to VaP?
__________________
Luis Lourenco
'08 Blue LC8 S
'04 525 MXC
'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid
LuisLourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #73
LuisLourenco OP
Blue orange
 
LuisLourenco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Carcavelos, Portugal
Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafka View Post
Ok, thanks for that info.
Now i have to think how bad do i want to ride 4200km to Portugal to join this event And how expensive it will get
Hi Tafka,

What about sending your bike to Lisbon or Oporto by a truck company?

Will help if you decide for it.
__________________
Luis Lourenco
'08 Blue LC8 S
'04 525 MXC
'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid
LuisLourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #74
LuisLourenco OP
Blue orange
 
LuisLourenco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Carcavelos, Portugal
Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulviapaulo View Post
Let me try to help you. Luis, correct me if I say somethin' wrong...
Thanks, Paulo, can't do it better

I only underline that tire change is not really a problem, will do it at a tire service or even by ourselves.
__________________
Luis Lourenco
'08 Blue LC8 S
'04 525 MXC
'96 Africa Twin
R3 Roadbook Rally Raid
LuisLourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #75
zazer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South East, UK
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisLourenco View Post
Signed up.

What bike you bring to VaP?
Bringing my Suzuki DR350s, it should manage I hope
zazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014