User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
BlackDogCycleWorks OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Black Dog Cycle Works Vendor Thread - KTM related parts / discussion / updates

The purpose of this thread is to announce new BDCW products for KTM motorcycles, as well as to discuss other products offered by BDCW.

We invite our customers to post photos of their experiences and travels, along with their bikes outfitted with BDCW equipment in the hopes that they’ll inspire other riders to leave on their own adventures.

We GREATLY appreciate the support of this small family-owned business.

================================================== =================================

AN INTRODUCTION TO BLACK DOG CYCLE WORKS
(for those who don’t already know us)

Kurt Forgét of Black Dog Cycle Works (BDCW), has participated in the ADVRider forum for over a decade and shares the enthusiasm of this sport/culture with the other members and his customers. He’s so passionate that he’s built a life around adventure motorcycling, which led to the creation of Black Dog Cycle Works in 2007.

Both Kurt and his wife Martha have traveled extensively by motorcycle and plan to continue to explore more of the planet as the company grows. Their passion for developing the toughest and best adventure motorcycles parts on the planet, and backing those parts with top-notch customer service, is behind everything they do.

“We’re proud of the products we make for our fellow riders, and the feedback we receive makes our day—every day. Our products stand up to the extreme punishment that the toughest riders in the country subject them toowe can’t think of a better endorsement than that.”—Kurt Forgét

Black Dog Cycle Works has a unique business model that is often admired by their friends and business partners but not always understood by our fellow riders / customers. Kurt and Martha set out to accomplish a business that could be run from anywhere in the world. Given their “past lives” in the corporate world, they both knew that there are way too many opportunities in life, and that life is way too short to be confined to a traditional career in an office environment.

To accomplish this flexibility, BDCW has developed the following structure:
· No retail space
· No additional employees
· Utilize a fulfillment center to perform assembly, packaging and shipping of products they manufacture, warehouse, or inventory from outside suppliers
· Partner with local craftsmen and fabricators to develop new products for testing
· Work with manufacturing companies WITHIN THE UNITED STATES to produce BDCW products

“Please don’t misunderstand—we work flat out keeping the wheels turning at BDCW—but we have the flexibility to do it from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. Keeping up with customer service alone is no small feat. And when we’re home in Sandpoint, ID, in constant contact with the fulfillment center as we continue ongoing R&D on new products and bikes.”—Martha Forgét

To wrap your head around the structure of BDCW, you may have to “think outside the box store”!

Sincerely
Kurt & Martha Forgét
BlackDogCycleWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
BlackDogCycleWorks OP
n00b

BDCW Throttle Control for KTM Adventure Bikes

Link to website for more information and to purchase

Do you absolutely love your KTM adventure bike off road but find you have wrist fatigue and cramping on those long pavement stints? If so the Black Dog Cycle Works Throttle Control is the product for you. It is a truly instant On & Off throttle control that requires less than a one quarter turn to activate. The design and functionality of this control is far superior to anything else on the market. “We designed our Throttle Control to be extremely rugged and user-friendly so it’ll hold up to the heavy pounding and battering KTM adventure bikes endure,” says Kurt Forgét of BDCW.
FEATURES:
  • It’s “click on, click off” feature provides a positive feel and positioning, taking the guess work out of setting the proper drag.
  • In the “off position” the throttle has full spring return.
  • In the “on position” the drag is preset and will hold the throttle position regardless of vibration, temperature, or expansion due to heated hand grips and rain.
  • Speed can be increased or decreased without disengaging the unit.
  • It can be over-ridden in emergency situations.
  • Easy to install and maintenance free.
This unit is compatible with stock grips, KTM heated grips, stock hand guards and Flexx handlebars.

Make your next adventure trip more enjoyable and stop fighting the throttle when on the pavement!

“I also tried out my new cruise control by Black Dog, it’s much better than my Kaoko, and fast to use—just roll the ring forward 1/8 of a turn and it’s on, then roll it forward or backwards to release it.”—Doug Matson on ADVRider

Old 11-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 495
Ordered an Enduristan Tornado 2 Medium Dry Bag a few months ago......tried it out this past weekend. Could not be happier with the quality......and amount of tie-down points/loops/d-rings. Fits my Vstrom perfectly!!
Thankyou Black Dog......
mark444 at Moto-Kafe
Old 11-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #4
BlackDogCycleWorks OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Kafe View Post
Ordered an Enduristan Tornado 2 Medium Dry Bag a few months ago......tried it out this past weekend. Could not be happier with the quality......and amount of tie-down points/loops/d-rings. Fits my Vstrom perfectly!!
Thankyou Black Dog......
mark444 at Moto-Kafe
Hi Moto-Kafe
Thanks for the props on the Enduristan dry bag. We absolutely love the design and use them for just about everything under the sun. The red interior makes them quite unique - MUCH easier to find things; and the durable waterproof design is bomber.

Thanks again
Kurt
Old 11-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
Guaglione
Country mice

Oddometer: 2,293
My bike is a rolling Black Dog showcase, and it's all great stuff.

Skidplate, foot pegs, Rigid lights and Mounts, Fuzeblock, side stand relocator, Enduristan tank bag, and more.

Gear products from great people!

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #6
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,257
Kurt and Martha are great people and make some bad ass shizz for sure! I have now had their foot pegs and skid plates on two of my bikes with almost 40,000 miles of use. I could not be happier with those two pieces of gear. Comfort all day on the pegs and knowing the skid plate can take a beating is the best! I have also used the throttle control and it is the best for the long pavement stretches!