Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #136
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post

Poolside, if you want to get me banned for posting part of an email discussion go for it but I think it fair that both sides of this issue be aired.
No that's ok, I think you suffer enough already. You declined to agree to the terms, and I returned your check. Let's be done with this now. I'd like to get back to talking about more good products that you're not going to get.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #137
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,230
Quote:
Howdy All,

Here is a direct quote from the last email I sent to Poolside, as he has presented what could be considered "evidence" of his view is it not reasonable that I should be able to present what I wrote to him?

This is what I wrote, yes after going through this THREE times I was a bit up set, like I said, I speak and write in plain English, I can't understand how what I wrote could be construed in any way other then accepting the terms of sale. This is the quote.

Jim,

What the fuck am I supposed to say, I can read and understand your disclaimer. I have three times told you to cash the check and send me the product, what more do you want me to do?

Dave

Am "I" the only one who can read this and see that I have read and understand the terms of sale? Is it really that difficult, does one have to have law degree to buy a part on the Internet? I am as this is being written buying a LOT of parts both in the USA and Canada over the Internet to install a hack on the GS, I have not had ANY problems doing so, it strikes me as just a tad strange that this is the ONLY time I have ever had such difficulties in making an Internet purchase.

Poolside, if you want to get me banned for posting part of an email discussion go for it but I think it fair that both sides of this issue be aired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
No that's ok, I think you suffer enough already. You declined to agree to the terms, and I returned your check. Let's be done with this now. I'd like to get back to talking about more good products that you're not going to get.

Suits me, I think its plain to anyone who can read to see that your handling of this situation can honestly be called anything but business like. You have shown to anyone who has a sense of honor that your word is worthless, I have had my say, and I stand by what I have said. I sincerely hope for the sake of those who you did sell your product too that is a better spokesman for your character then your word is. With that I am through with you and this thread, PROVIDING you also drop it. Keep it up and I will continue to respond in kind.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #138
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

You have shown to anyone who has a sense of honor that your word is worthless
It'd be nice if you removed the slander. You know, to get on my good side.

Edit:

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 04-05-2011 at 11:26 PM
Old 04-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #139
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,230
Quote:
It'd be nice if you removed the slander. You know, to get on my good side.

Your not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? You want to keep this going, fine with me your just proving my point so please do carry on.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #140
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #141
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,813
Quote:
... What the fuck am I supposed to say ...
Quote:
... "I accept the terms."...
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #142
Jedl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
This is what I wrote, yes after going through this THREE times I was a bit up set, like I said, I speak and write in plain English, I can't understand how what I wrote could be construed in any way other then accepting the terms of sale.
Why chance how your words would be construed? Why leave anything up to interpretation? Why didn't you just say "I accept the terms of sale"?

Quote:
What the fuck am I supposed to say, I can read and understand your disclaimer. I have three times told you to cash the check and send me the product, what more do you want me to do?
One can only assume the "What the fuck am I supposed to say" that they were looking for was "I accept the terms (of sale)". It doesn't seem all that hard to put those words together. You seem like a reasonably intelligent guy. Why didn't you just write the words? It sounds like instead of accepting the terms, you imposed terms of your own that Poolside wasn't willing to accept.

Quote:
Am "I" the only one who can read this and see that I have read and understand the terms of sale? Is it really that difficult, does one have to have law degree to buy a part on the Internet? I am as this is being written buying a LOT of parts both in the USA and Canada over the Internet to install a hack on the GS, I have not had ANY problems doing so, it strikes me as just a tad strange that this is the ONLY time I have ever had such difficulties in making an Internet purchase.
The issue wasn't whether or not you could read and understand the terms, the issue was that you never "accepted the terms". Nothing in your quote can be construed as an acceptance of the terms. In fact it sounds to me like you were going out of your way not to accept the terms which would have raised a bunch of red flags if it had been me.

Look, we get it. Your old, old fashioned and pissed. Check. Hey, I'm old too, so I can relate to how you feel. But it was your choice not to say the words. Accepting the terms was the condition of the sale - you never accepted the terms - so there was no deal, no sale, your check was returned, no harm, no foul.

You never accepted the terms and your check was never cashed. So what is it that makes you think you "had a deal"? These guys are not a business with lawyers and insurance. They had clear conditions / terms to their offering. It's pretty cut and dry from where I stand. You were in the wrong. Poolside stuck to his guns. In retrospect, I think he made the right decision. You really should let this go because your aren't helping your case by quoting the correspondence.

FWIW - I bought the unit as well, via PayPal. I know I cannot cancel the order, return the unit for any reason or get a refund. I also know the unit may not work to my expectations. I also know that I might not get the next product even though I want it. I accepted the terms and accept that it might not work for me. If that happens, I'll be out $72.50. But at least I'll maintain my self-respect.

I can't believe I actually read through five pages of this bullshit.

cheers,
Jedl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #143
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedl View Post

I can't believe I actually read through five pages of this bullshit.

cheers,
Heh heh, I hear that. Popular stuff though. 2000+ views over the last day!

Old 04-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #144
BoxerPilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
PLEASE punt this......

Opened this thread for the same reason I open any other on GSpot. Sounds cool, maybe something I can do to/for/on my bike. As an FNG around these parts I have been the beneficiary of the wisdom that makes this place great (including wisdom from Poolside) but the difference with this thread is: Poolside is selling something.

The rules are pretty clear (http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14789774&postcount=1):

9. No Spam. Selling your own junk is cool but limited to the Flea Market. Selling multiple items of the same product is considered a sale by vendor, so Vendor forum. Soliciting inmates via Private Message is spam. If it's not related to motorcycling, it's spam. If we see it we nuke it and probably you.

Why don't the rules apply to everyone? It appears this thread should have been punted to Vendors a while ago......

Just saying.
BoxerPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #145
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedl View Post
Look, we get it. Your old, old fashioned and pissed. Check. Hey, I'm old too, so I can relate to how you feel. But it was your choice not to say the words. Accepting the terms was the condition of the sale - you never accepted the terms - so there was no deal, no sale, your check was returned, no harm, no foul.

You never accepted the terms and your check was never cashed. So what is it that makes you think you "had a deal"? These guys are not a business with lawyers and insurance. They had clear conditions / terms to their offering. It's pretty cut and dry from where I stand. You were in the wrong. Poolside stuck to his guns. In retrospect, I think he made the right decision. You really should let this go because your aren't helping your case by quoting the correspondence.
+1000. Especially the part about Mr. Cob posting text that clearing shows he never accepted the terms.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #146
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerPilot View Post
Opened this thread for the same reason I open any other on GSpot. Sounds cool, maybe something I can do to/for/on my bike. As an FNG around these parts I have been the beneficiary of the wisdom that makes this place great (including wisdom from Poolside) but the difference with this thread is: Poolside is selling something.

The rules are pretty clear (http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14789774&postcount=1):

9. No Spam. Selling your own junk is cool but limited to the Flea Market. Selling multiple items of the same product is considered a sale by vendor, so Vendor forum. Soliciting inmates via Private Message is spam. If it's not related to motorcycling, it's spam. If we see it we nuke it and probably you.

Why don't the rules apply to everyone? It appears this thread should have been punted to Vendors a while ago......

Just saying.
And for the second time in my illustrious Mod career I get to say

Don't You Know Who I Am?

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590

johnjen screwed with this post 04-06-2011 at 01:04 PM
johnjen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #147
StarFleet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Holy smokes, did I just read the script to a satire? Is George Costanza trying to buy motorcycle parts on the internet now?
StarFleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #148
mdmaroon
Mike

Oddometer: 159
I was trying to sign up for Paypal, but it was tough. It wanted to know my name, address, e-mail, and a password. I think I had to type in my bank account number somewhere.

So I just gave up and said to hell with this BS I'm just going to ride my motorbike and never buy anything again.

The end.
mdmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #149
Cranky Yankee
exulcero

Oddometer: 599
I've been away for a few days. WOW.

All I can say is that the the days of "honor" and "man of word" passed when mule trading was common.

My last job involved expensive CAD software for designing electronic hardware that would cost up to a half million dollars for a SINGLE SEAT.

The license agreement specified that if you used the software and a 'bug' caused you to eat many thousands of dollars after fabrication of the design...

It was your problem - not the company that sold you the software.

That is the norm for software and many other licensing agreements.

Accept or not. The buyers choice.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #150
Cranky Yankee
exulcero

Oddometer: 599
And, I myself couldn't care less about an $80 'chance'.

After seeing some people blow $300 in an evening at the pub buying lotto tickets...

I feel much safer with this risk than that sort of 'gullibility tax'.

Cranky Yankee screwed with this post 04-06-2011 at 04:16 PM
Cranky Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote