Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Okay, I'm finally in. Paypal sent.
I couldn't resist the suspense of the "Final Sale."
Old 11-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #257
mr_magicfingers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Would anyone be prepared to ship one to the UK for me please. PM me here if that's possible and we can set things up. Thanks, Justin.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #258
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,713
A bit of advice.

DO NOT LET POOLSIDE KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO SHIP THE IICE AIR OUT OF THE COUNTRY.

This is friendly service announcement/reminder from the Marketing Dept.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 11-24-2011, 02:40 AM   #259
mr_magicfingers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
A bit of advice.

DO NOT LET POOLSIDE KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO SHIP THE IICE AIR OUT OF THE COUNTRY.

This is friendly service announcement/reminder from the Marketing Dept.

JJ
Hi JJ,

yes, I saw that elsewhere in the big thread, I won't be saying anything more. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #260
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,864

For all the people that recently placed orders... Thanks everyone!

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 11-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #261
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,340
DAMN! Am I really this dense?

Well, as hard as it is to admit...

After reading all the way through both threads (over a period of months), with different products offered at different times, some available for sale, some no longer available for sale, some to be offered for sale in the future, maybe...

I am COMPLETELY LOST!

I have a 2003 GS 1150... when I first read the Hot Rodding thread I thought to myself that I might like to get the full package when available, but by the time I read all the way through both threads the sale of the first product was apparently over and the second product hadn't even been offered for sale yet. I guess I understand that this isn't a "real business" and the nature of the "marketing" is what it is... sorta... but damn! I just want to simply buy a product that works as "advertised"...

I don't need anyone to explain the way these things work, or how they are being painstakingly made one at a time in someone's garage by carefully trained hamsters. I fully understand that that information is readily available to anyone with 14 hours or so of spare time and that cares to read all the way through the threads.... I mean there were pages of discussion about why one dude was pissed off that someone didn't take a check.... then there was the intellectual pissing match and endless discussion of who was smart enough to outsmart an ECU...

But... for us mentally challenged types... or perhaps just those of us that are new, or otherwise haven't been following this story along on a daily basis for the last few months...

Could someone please just explain, as concisely as possible, exactly what is currently being offered for sale at this very moment? A nice new thread with a simple explaination of the different devices, their function and how they work together or separately, as the case may be, along with what can be ordered, and how to go about doing that, would be really nice right about now.

Sorry for the rant, but GEEESH!

ETA: Ok, skip the new thread request... I've been out of pocket for a few months due to health issues but I just reread the first post of this thread and that is a very good description... Still confused though... Is it still available to be ordered?
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy

Randy screwed with this post 11-29-2011 at 11:17 AM
Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #262
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
You can order the IICE Air here.:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...45&postcount=1

It will be the last opportunity to buy them for "a while" I beleive.

Once that closes and he makes all the IICE Air items they will start selling and producing the IICE Cool thingys..

Poolside do I have that right?
Old 11-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #263
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

I don't need anyone to explain the way these things work, or how they are being painstakingly made one at a time in someone's garage by carefully trained hamsters. I fully understand that that information is readily available to anyone with 14 hours or so of spare time and that cares to read all the way through the threads.... I mean there were pages of discussion about why one dude was pissed off that someone didn't take a check.... then there was the intellectual pissing match and endless discussion of who was smart enough to outsmart an ECU...
 That sounds really funny! Whereabouts was that I'd like to read it.

Quote:

Could someone please just explain, as concisely as possible, exactly what is currently being offered for sale at this very moment? A nice new thread with a simple explanation of the different devices, their function and how they work together or separately, as the case may be, along with what can be ordered, and how to go about doing that, would be really nice right about now.
I know you found some information you wanted, but in case you want to read more, the first post of both threads has a list of links to many informative posts.

Quote:

ETA: Ok, skip the new thread request... I've been out of pocket for a few months due to health issues but I just reread the first post of this thread and that is a very good description... Still confused though... Is it still available to be ordered?
Like Gankplank says, the IICE Airs are available for a little while longer.

Randy I enjoyed your post! It sounded really funny coming from someone else. I got a kick out of it. Hope you're feeling better soon.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 11-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #264
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
 That sounds really funny! Whereabouts was that I'd like to read it.

Hell, I really don't remember now... it was in one of the threads... I read all of the threads and info back before I had the opportunity to miraculously and mysteriously survive a fatal heart attack at the ripe old age of 47! There was some old codger (can't remember his name) that claimed that you had agreed to take a check because he didn't believe in PayPal or some such... then evidently he wouldn't answer an email with the exact wording that you needed him to in order to protect yourself from some product liability mumbo jumbo, or some such shit... He took personal offense and you were doing the prudent thing required by today's overly litigious society.... OR, at least that is what I took away from it all. I saw both points of view and couldn't fault anyone in the discussion, but it did take quite a lot of space in the thread...

Then there was the dude that appeared to have joined advrider primarily for the purpose of trolling one of your threads and pointing out how you were not smart enough to have designed a device that did what yours purportedly does... He claimed to reverse engineer ECU programming in order to design chips for the high end car market... lots of technical jargon in that section of the thread... I'm quite sure some people enjoyed it, but it caused my eyes to glaze over in a fit of total disinterest... He seemed to be a pompous ass that's sole purpose for existing is to attempt to further inflate his own ego. If I had to speculate, and I don't, but IF I did, I'd say that his pecker is inordinately small...

And yes, you might find both sections humorous but my point was that I didn't feel like wading back through all of the irrelevant posts (like this one) to find a simple answer to a simple question...

Yeah, there is something about dying that tends to change how you view the way you spend your time...

I know you found some information you wanted, but in case you want to read more, the first post of both threads has a list of links to many informative posts.

Oh yes, I found the information back earlier this year when I read it all... but then I found that the sale had been suspended... that I had missed out, and that most of the preorder sales were still awaiting delivery. Then I posted a request here in this thread (subscribed to it too) trying to ascertain whether or not the IICE Airs would be offered for sale again... Then, on Sept 24th I took a little unplanned detour...

Just came back and was totally confused about the state of affairs... Soooooo, instead of rereading a bunch of confusing stuff and "figuring it out" on my own, I decided to just ask for a simple answer...

Like Gankplank says, the IICE Airs are available for a little while longer.

Yes... thanks to Gankplank for his concise and prompt answer, and thanks to you Poolside for confirming it. See? Asking was much easier for me... AND it got me straight forward information straight from the horses mouth...

Randy I enjoyed your post! It sounded really funny coming from someone else. I got a kick out of it. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Well, I'm certainly glad that you enjoyed it... Not exactly sure what sounded funny coming from "someone else"... While not exactly simple minded, I do tend to pick and choose the battles I fight and the conversations I have... there is just something about the year I've had that tends to focus the mind... my dick is as big as it'll ever be and I don't feel the need to compensate for it in the least. So while I can come across as a prick sometime, it's nice when others can actually detect the crotchety levity that I sometimes pass off as ill tempered ignorance...

And I am feeling better although the doc says it will take a while for me to get fully back to being myself again. Thanks for your concern

Now, where did I hide my Paypal login info...?
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Old 11-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #265
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Well, I'm certainly glad that you enjoyed it... Not exactly sure what sounded funny coming from "someone else"... While not exactly simple minded, I do tend to pick and choose the battles I fight and the conversations I have... there is just something about the year I've had that tends to focus the mind... my dick is as big as it'll ever be and I don't feel the need to compensate for it in the least. So while I can come across as a prick sometime, it's nice when others can actually detect the crotchety levity that I sometimes pass off as ill tempered ignorance...

And I am feeling better although the doc says it will take a while for me to get fully back to being myself again. Thanks for your concern.
The 'someone else' just means a third party, and I get a kick out of your crotchety levity point of view. You certainly earned the right to not be politically correct. I'm sure there were many other people who felt exactly the same way when reading the goings on in the thread, but kept a low profile.

Thanks for your order Randy! Glad you're on the mend.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #266
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Thanks for your orders everyone!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #267
Johnbbain
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Permission

Dude, Your Paypal will not accept my Paypal. Please advise how I can overcome this minor setback. Thanks JohnB.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #268
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,713
If you are trying to order from outside the US Paypal will block the transaction.

If someone is willing to 'help' with this, be sure that the details are kept private and that Poolside and I are unaware of this 'help'.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 11-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #269
fishwich
El Borbah

Oddometer: 1,647
I'm in. A Christmas gift to my 1150.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #270
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwich View Post

I'm in. A Christmas gift to my 1150.
Excellent idea. Your bike will thank you.

Now how did Marketing miss out on the Holiday gift-giving tie in?

Closed Thread