User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #706
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865

Ok I got a fresh pot of coffee here and I'm settling in. It's a good day. I'll check in later.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 02-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #707
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Jeebus. Y'all have got to stop ordering these things. You are killing me. Just killing me. Poolside has already promised me the first Cool and you bastidges keep monopolizing his time. Help a brother out.
You lie! He promised ME!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #708
Poolside OP
Syndicated

I have a short day today. I'll be back at the bench about 4pm this afternoon. See you then mes amis.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #709
Poolside OP
Syndicated

I got a couple of hours in this morning before heading out. I'll be back tonight.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #710
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Jeebus. Y'all have got to stop ordering these things. You are killing me. Just killing me. Poolside has already promised me the first Cool and you bastidges keep monopolizing his time. Help a brother out.
You do relaize that your will be the first production batch and not the first ones he makes right. Us local guys have been promised the first 100 units to be his QA checkers for him. Sorry if that was not clear when marketing (JJ) was making its promise to you. Pool has 8 weeks to get the Cools out. I'll be back to riding then. If they aren't out by then, time to ride south and talk to the man.

I was loving my aire right up to my sudden deceleration at the ground.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Old 02-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #711
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
You do relaize that your will be the first production batch and not the first ones he makes right. Us local guys have been promised the first 100 units to be his QA checkers for him. Sorry if that was not clear when marketing (JJ) was making its promise to you.
Oh. Hell. No.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #712
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,155
Old 03-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #713
Poolside OP
Syndicated

I was in the lab early this morning for about an hour and a half. A little brisk but it was nicer than Wednesday's 40 degree chill at the bench. For comparison I got back a little while ago and it was pushing 87 in there. I'm heading out for dinner and probably a coffee. Then I'll be in here till the wee hours.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #714
EvilEagle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Paypal problems

Could not purchase because "sold out" via paypal. I want on the list!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #715
humbertobmw
BoxerManiac

Oddometer: 4
Thumb IICE feedback from Portugal

Hello,

I just want to leave my opinnion after receiving , intalling and riding the bike:

The bike: 2001/ R1150GS
Mileage (km): ~125.000

Ordered my IICE from Poolside some 6 months ago and wayted...patiently!?!?! more or less !? ... until I got it here in my country delivered after some more delays due Customs inspections and taxes...got it in time last week b4 a ride with my mates to an event in neighboring Spain...all together during last weekend (23/24th Feb) we did close to 2500 km... on all sorts of roads even some light offroad...and I can say I'm very pleased has the way the bike performed...the engine his more crisp on throttle; runs smoother...I can even say it has a "smoother rumble", i haven't done any fuel calculations regarding comsumptions...but...I think the bike is even burning less gas...!

The instalation was trouble free...following the tutorial also in the forum, Poolside was kind enough to send me some e-mails to know how things were going, and here I am just leaving my impressions of the gadget...which...works !!!

The only other aftermarket parts I have on the bike is a K&N filter; "Y" exhaust center piece (cat removed); Remus Revolution end can...

Well done, look forward to more improvements like this .

Regds,

Humberto
Old 03-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #716
magallanas
AK to Mexico commuter

Oddometer: 181
out of stock?

I'd like to give you some cash for one of those thimagigger-to-make-my-bike-go-faster but it won't let me send you money....?!

please post an update on when to purchase!

Thanks...
Old 03-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #717
Final Drive
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Poolside. How goes the batch? I am next on the list. I thought I read you were about done a week or so ago. I know you are busy and all but it has been six months since my order and I am eager to get it installed.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #718
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Hey there folks, how's it going? I've been laid up in bed for 2 days with a stomach bug of some sort. I'm not up for regular office duty, but I'm okay to build some IICE Airs! So right now I'm sitting here with a nice hot cup of tea, and wiring harnesses.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #719
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbertobmw View Post

Hello,

I just want to leave my opinion after receiving , installing and riding the bike:

The bike: 2001/ R1150GS
Mileage (km): ~125.000

Ordered my IICE from Poolside some 6 months ago and waited...patiently!?!?! more or less !? ... until I got it here in my country delivered after some more delays due Customs inspections and taxes...got it in time last week b4 a ride with my mates to an event in neighboring Spain...all together during last weekend (23/24th Feb) we did close to 2500 km... on all sorts of roads even some light offroad...and I can say I'm very pleased has the way the bike performed...the engine his more crisp on throttle; runs smoother...I can even say it has a "smoother rumble", i haven't done any fuel calculations regarding comsumptions...but...I think the bike is even burning less gas...!

The installation was trouble free...following the tutorial also in the forum, Poolside was kind enough to send me some e-mails to know how things were going, and here I am just leaving my impressions of the gadget...which...works !!!

The only other aftermarket parts I have on the bike is a K&N filter; "Y" exhaust center piece (cat removed); Remus Revolution end can...

Well done, look forward to more improvements like this.

Regds,

Humberto
Thanks for the ride report and the kind words from Spain!

And regarding the wait to get your IICE Air, you were as patient as anyone could be I think!

Old 03-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #720
PaulGinAZ
FNG

Oddometer: 259
Hi Poolside--

I received the sold out message on Paypal too; let me know when you are caught up so that I can send you some moolah.
-1989 VW Syncro Tristar TDi (long-term project)
-Too many bikes and cars in my sordid past to list...
Closed Thread