Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #871
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
I appreciate the comment, Bundy. JJ thinks there's more to it as well. It's one of those things where it could go one way or the other. I am looking at devoting 3 months exclusively to the IICE product line, then see where we're at. This current gig will be complete soon enough and I'm trying to organize things so that full-time IICE focus can happen. Maybe we can talk about it sometime.

So can we start ordering IICE products now????

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #872
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,211
That's pretty good…

The first response in under 10 minutes and of course it's one of the Texas contingent who jumps in with both feet…

I think it's a new record…

JJ
Old 07-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #873
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
That's pretty good…

The first response in under 10 minutes and of course it's one of the Texas contingent who jumps in with both feet…

I think it's a new record…

JJ

I have 15K miles on the original product. If your claims for the next are half as good I will be a happy camper. I know of several other buddies that will be in shortly asking for one also. Me thinks that the first batch should be a couple of hundred of them.

Back to riding! PS, 600 miles of twisties around the redwoods, I love it. It seemed that I would go a couple of hundred feet, roll off the gas, corner then back on the gas. Nice and smooth. Yup I am a happy camper!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #874
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,701
Quote:

Yesterday afternoon when I sat down to finish the last epoxy step there was an issue with the epoxy resin. The amount of remaining resin seemed to be primarily solids. Apparently I haven't been stirring the resin well enough before each use, and the remaining portion in the container are solids that settled out.

I ordered another 1.4L of resin and curing agent and it will be here Friday or Monday. Also I just got off the phone with the chemical engineer that formulates their products. He says it's a typical issue that happens if the resin isn't properly stirred before mixing with the curing agent. Ahh... yea... that would be me. He went on to say that the over-concentration of solids could be filtered out, restoring the product to normal.

So I set up a coffee filter, and the resin seems to be slowly drip-dripping through there. I'll be back around dinnertime and we'll see how it went.
Quote:

The coffee filter process is working, the resin coming through looks fine and has the right viscosity. It looks like enough resin is coming through so that I can do the job in the morning.
After filtering out the solids from the resin, there was enough resin to do 24 of the 30 pieces. They are curing now, and will go out tomorrow. An order of 1.4L of resin and curing agent will be here Monday and assembly can continue.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #875
torquerat
just getting started

Oddometer: 67
I know this is soo bad but will it be the first 24 of 30? I am #9 on the list
Old 07-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #876
cbrandon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Question

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a pain poolside, but... I don't see my initials on the list C.B., CT and I ordered a month ago (6/13). Did I not make the cut for this batch? I could swear that I remember seeing a few open spots before I ordered. I could provide a PayPal transaction ID number if necessary for clarification. Thanks in advance!
cbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #877
SloDon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
After filtering out the solids from the resin, there was enough resin to do 24 of the 30 pieces. They are curing now, and will go out tomorrow. An order of 1.4L of resin and curing agent will be here Monday and assembly can continue.

Darn........missed the cut by 2!

Oh well there is always next week.........
Don't grow up.......it's a trap!!
SloDon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #878
Thunder Pig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
Ha I beat that I'm number one on the non get it list! Oh well this way we get the good glue! I waited this long, what's another week? Nothing. I get it when I get it.
98 KTM 200EXC
99 Speed Triple, etc...
Thunder Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #879
torquerat
just getting started

Oddometer: 67
IICE air in my mailbox when I got home
Old 07-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #880
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrandon View Post

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a pain poolside, but... I don't see my initials on the list C.B., CT. Did I not make the cut for this batch?
I understand C.B., the order list is up to date. I don't update the list very often, probably not as often as people would like. There are usually 30 pieces to a batch, and on the list the batches are separated with dotted lines.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 07-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #881
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,336
How/why did I get bumped to the next batch? Now, I'm #1 on the batch that has not even started the build process... WTF...?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #882
phubner
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Package received

I just got mine today :-) I'm on the list as P.H., TX, so Im the second to last in the shipped list. Now all I need is for my replacement final drive to get here!
phubner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #883
kimokk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
How/why did I get bumped to the next batch? Now, I'm #1 on the batch that has not even started the build process... WTF...?
Didn't you just order yours in late May? I'm the last one in the prior batch and ordered back in January. So, you do have to wait a little. Some of the orders (international) are multiple ones so they don't correspond one for one. Have patience grasshopper.
IBA #49426
kimokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #884
GOZFST
Gozfst

Oddometer: 195
Got mine today, woo hoo! Butt I was expecting some destructions in the bag too?? I know how to install it, just not about the adjustments. Why is there epoxy oosing out? Just kidding.
GOZFST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #885
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post

No one was bumped, Mac. It's close to what kimokk said. I just hadn't placed the dotted line between the 30 piece batches.