Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 06:02 AM   #1066
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
It isn't that you didn't get a 'by when' response, it's that you know that we give 'status reports'. It has been that way from the start. The status of the Calibration part was posted yesterday morning at this time. You received the status report, and you've communicated your various issues. They have been noted.

I'm confused. Posted where? TIA
Old 04-22-2014, 06:26 AM   #1067
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,130
Quote:
You're right about that, Carlo. I'm not going to win any speed contest, but your bike will work better.

I'm working through a few board iterations to find the right orientation of the components on the Calibration board. I've tried a couple of board layouts, and one more layout is in the works.

The thing is, these small boards use very small surface mount parts. They will be hot air reflowed by hand using a hot air solder/rework station. Because of the size of the parts, and because hot air is the reflow method, the assembly process is sensitive to component orientation and trace width.

How small are these parts? At 0.400in(10.0mm), the circuit board is a little smaller than the head of Roosevelt on a dime. The components used on the Calibration board are tiny rectangles of forty thousandths by twenty thousandths. That's 0.040in x 0.020in (1.0mm x 0.5mm).

The little white squares are not components, that's table salt! (And the size of a dime for reference.)

Placed on the face of a dime, it will cover just half of the letter E in LIBERTY.

That would be here. "Status update" in poolside parlance. To paraphrase: "working on it". I know that will frustrate many, but it is what it is. ;)
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #1068
sunlinden
Fun Muncher

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
You are waiting to ride? Huh? On a calibration part? For a part you can take off and return to stock in 5 minutes? I must be missing something.
SlowOldGuy,

Yup, understood. I'm waiting for the re calibrated part so that I can experience what it's all about. It hasn't stopped me from riding, trust me. I've been waiting for the new and improved working edition for a couple of months now and would like to enjoy it before winter sets in again.

Dave
sunlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #1069
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,130
Hotrodding the GS - Pre-Order Sale!

Me , too. Count me among the "not so patiently" waiting. But whether we are patient or not , we're still riding while we wait ...and we're still waiting. ;) But, yeah. Summer is gonna be on us. Texas Hell. Not much Spring left. Get hopping, PS. Chop, chop.

slowoldguy screwed with this post 04-22-2014 at 08:02 PM
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #1070
BV BEEMER
Can I see some ID?

Oddometer: 563
So.... finely installed the air!

It felt noticably smoother and did not seam to threaten to stall like previous. It lifted the front wheel easier too.

Then I read that it doesn't work on my bike...

Jumped to -30... smoother and more authority while lifting the front tire off the ground with a full tank(2007 R1200GS Adventure).

I like it alot... don't know if I was suffering from placebo or not at the -20 setting... or maybe it does give you a little bit...

I'll trade up to the new digital combo when it's ready.

Thanks for your diligence in sorting all the issues that arise from such endeavors.

Your patience is also remarkable for handling all these folks with serious white people problems.

Thank you for all your work...

I will happily wait for the digital duallie!
BV BEEMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #1071
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,099
Laugh Hmmm..Almost Understandable...But

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV BEEMER View Post

It felt noticably smoother and did not seam to threaten to stall like previous. It lifted the front wheel easier too.

Jumped to -30... smoother and more authority while lifting the front tire off the ground with a full tank(2007 R1200GS Adventure).

I like it alot... don't know if I was suffering from placebo or not at the -20 setting... or maybe it does give you a little bit...

Thanks for your diligence in sorting all the issues that arise from such endeavors.

Your patience is also remarkable for handling all these folks with serious white people problems.

OK...I get the wheelie crap...not my cup of tea...and that you really dig -30 setting....but "serious white people problems" ..man you blew that one by me! If it indeed has any probative value
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #1072
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,368
Quote:

emphasis mine…
HAHAHAHAHAHahahahahaha

That is such a straight to the point assessment, and so true!
And some of my best friends are white folk…

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590

johnjen screwed with this post 04-27-2014 at 09:47 PM
johnjen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:34 AM   #1073
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,735
Quote:

You bet, BV, thanks. Issues arise naturally when taking a chance at something. And like the first-worlders, are not unusual. Heh heh.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:07 AM   #1074
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post

Me , too. Count me among the "not so patiently" waiting. But whether we are patient or not , we're still riding while we wait ...and we're still waiting. ;) But, yeah. Summer is gonna be on us. Texas Hell. Not much Spring left. Get hopping, PS. Chop, chop.
I know, right? I just got ahold of two platform bikes. When the time comes to wrap up the Digital Smooth and Cool devices, I'll be able to write code and test it while riding. The Calibration plug-in part for the original Air is almost complete, and we'll pick up where we left off with the Digital devices directly.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #1075
sunlinden
Fun Muncher

still perplexed

Poolside,

Can you provide a status on when I will be receiving the updated fix for the r1200gs? I've paid good money for a product that does not work as advertised.
This should be a top priority over any of the newer products you are trying to engineer. If you want your reputation to go down hill, then continue to ignore your customers.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Dave
Old 04-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #1076
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlinden View Post

Can you provide a status on when I will be receiving the updated fix for the r1200gs? I've paid good money for a product that does not work as advertised.
This should be a top priority over any of the newer products you are trying to engineer. If you want your reputation to go down hill, then continue to ignore your customers.
As to your repeated question, it has been answered many times. I understand you are not happy. I'll put you on the Special Customer list, maybe that will help. And, of course. You spent money on the product, and I'm spending time and money fixing the issue that came up.

As to what design thoughts cross my mind during the day, well I can't help that can I. As I said in my post just before yours, and many other times, when the Calibration part is complete, we'll pick up where we left off with the Digital devices.

In the meantime, I pray this will soothe your breast.
"The weak may not be admired and hero-worshipped; but they are by no means disliked or shunned; and they never seem to have the least difficulty in marrying people who are too good for them. They may fail in emergencies; but life is not one long emergency: it is mostly a string of situations for which no exceptional strength is needed, and with which even rather weak people can cope if they have a stronger partner to help them out."
-George Bernard Shaw, Pygmalion

Old 04-29-2014, 09:36 PM   #1077
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoca View Post

I think what pisses a lot of people off about you Poolside is that when it was brought to your attention that your device doesn't work with the 1200 you were in denial and tried to cover it up until you were called out on it in this forum.....but then again maybe a lot of people don't know that.
That's no more true now than it was then. And I understand you have issues that still seem to have the better of you.

"The being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy."
 -George Bernard Shaw

Old 04-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #1078
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,368
Funny how people keep saying that it does work. See above.

So saying "that your device doesn't work with the 1200" is misleading and incorrect.

So, many people read 'claims' such as yours and see as much of a problem with inaccurate statements, as the 'problem' (which is being corrected).

And this is the first and last comment I will make on this.

This is the Vendors forum where selling is the function, not technical discussions.
Lets keep it on track, shall we?

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:50 PM   #1079
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoca View Post

Sure it is ....
Of your 62 posts, 33 of them have been in a Hotrod thread. This is not the place for your behavior.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #1080
sunlinden
Fun Muncher

Date please

Quote:
As to your repeated question, it has been answered many times. I understand you are not happy. I'll put you on the Special Customer list, maybe that will help. And, of course. You spent money on the product, and I'm spending time and money fixing the issue that came up.

As to what design thoughts cross my mind during the day, well I can't help that can I. As I said in my post just before yours, and many other times, when the Calibration part is complete, we'll pick up where we left off with the Digital devices.

In the meantime, I pray this will soothe your breast.
"The weak may not be admired and hero-worshipped; but they are by no means disliked or shunned; and they never seem to have the least difficulty in marrying people who are too good for them. They may fail in emergencies; but life is not one long emergency: it is mostly a string of situations for which no exceptional strength is needed, and with which even rather weak people can cope if they have a stronger partner to help them out."
-George Bernard Shaw, Pygmalion
If you, the vendor, would simply provide a date when you will have the fix available, I would be content. Is it a week away, two, three? Do you even have a fix available or is it all on paper at this point? If you could just provide a date when the fix will be available I would be content for now.

(p.s. No need to bother with another George Shaw quote. I don't understand the point you're trying to make with them anyway).