Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #1126
c4v3man
Guns +Gas +Oil = Fun day!

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
And the new Digital Air, Smooth, and Cool devices are just around the corner. The Digital models have combined functions. For example, the Air and the Smooth functions, but in one box.
Are you anticipating making a single air/smooth/cool device, and/or single mountable package to make mounting/installing easier or more compact?

"In part I blamed the highway. It was too fast, too good, and took me too far away from the slow-moving people." - Ted Simons, Jupiter's Travels
Old 07-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #1127
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4v3man View Post

Are you anticipating making a single air/smooth/cool device, and/or single mountable package to make mounting/installing easier or more compact?
They are compact any way you slice it. If the three digital devices, Air, Smooth, and Cool were in one box, that box would be under two cubic inches. As individual devices, each one would fit in a box smaller than one cubic inch. Those two cubic volumes happen to be the two smallest available boxes that have mounting tabs. With mounting tabs the box can be held in place with zip ties. The smaller, less than one cubic inch box, is what the IICE Air uses.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 07-19-2014 at 04:28 AM
Old 07-19-2014, 04:37 AM   #1128
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Hey, guess what these are. These my friends are the last batch of the remaining IICE Air orders. I don't know which smiley to use for this occasion. Cheers.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 08-02-2014, 04:55 AM   #1129
Beemer Rob
Stuck in Ohio

Oddometer: 53
Calibration Plug In

Any idea when the calibration plugs are going to ship?
Old 08-02-2014, 06:29 AM   #1130
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer Rob View Post

Any idea when the calibration plugs are going to ship?
Hey there Rob. We're getting there. Right now I'm working on a Pick-and-Place setup.

The other day I sorted out the Machine Vision. For scale, that's the edge of a dime in the picture.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #1131
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Looking Back and Looking Forward

Hey there folks. This community project, and the Hotrod threads here and in GSpot, have been great fun. And as we gear up for the new Digital IICE Smooth and Cool, and build the IICE Air Calibration board, the time has come to take a look at some of the goings-on in the threads, and what to expect going forward.

These Hotrod threads have been around for a while now, and receive a large number of posts. Over that length of time a long-running thread is bound to collect some debris say. That debris is the subject here.

I'm referring to about a dozen or so people who seem determined to get into scrapes around here. These dust-ups have happened a few times in here, and in the GSpot thread. And my usual preference of sitting back and letting it blow over hasn't worked. The solution at this time is the dozen or so members of that organized group are not welcome in these threads. We're putting the cat out, as they say.

For the rest of us going forward, please note the simple posting guideline below. And also, relax, because the guideline does not apply to you. It's for those few who habitually need to push buttons, to the detriment of the many who must live with the consequences.

Our single guideline embodies the general sentiment of the ADVrider forum rules. The forum rules have been around from the start, but I don't really enforce them. I'm not one for rules myself. Besides, I prefer to let things ramble around in this thread. It's more fun that way.

There is only one guideline that matters, just one basic theme that applies in this thread. Don't be an asshat and harsh the good time for others. And if you cause a problem, it will become your problem.

What does 'being an asshat' mean?

One way to look at this thread is in terms of a party. A party is about having a good time, and I seriously mean that. Go on and do the usual party activities, spill your drink, track guacamole into the rug, knock over a table lamp. It's fine. Jump off the roof into the pool if you like. Just don't throw the patio furniture in there. That's a party foul.

Another way to look at this thread, is along the lines of a ride report thread. You read, comment, contribute, have fun, enjoy the trip. If you're not happy with the ride you can always visit another thread. Turn right at the next fork in the road as it were. Or stick around and follow along as the thread progresses.

And while this project has turned out to be a great ride, sometimes the goings on in the threads get a little out of hand. Granted there have been detours and bumps in the road. We do our best to get back on track, and the journey continues.

I hope you'll join us. Besides, someone just made a beer run. And we think it's the good stuff… :-)

Poolside screwed with this post 08-06-2014 at 07:14 PM
Old 08-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #1132
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Hey there, folks. I'm up in the SF Bay area for the next week, helping a friend while she recovers from surgery. I brought some IICE-related work with me, to work on when I'm not stepping and fetching.

Let's meet up while I'm up here! It's been a while since I've seen any of you guys. Coffee, a meal, beer, you name it. Post in this thread and we can coordinate something. I'm staying in San Rafael, so anything ranging from Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco.

Last time we met over at Andrew's and flubbed our way through a TB adjustment on an 1100GS. Heh heh, good times! And I met a good number of you all at Point Reyes one morning.

Poolside screwed with this post 08-22-2014 at 05:20 PM
Old 08-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #1133
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 15,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Hey there, folks. I'm up in the SF Bay area for the next week, helping a friend while she recovers from surgery. I brought some IICE-related work with me, to work on when I'm not stepping and fetching.

Let's meet up while I'm up here! It's been a while since I've seen any of you guys. Coffee, a meal, beer, you name it. Post in this thread and we can coordinate something. I'm staying in San Rafael, so anything ranging from Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco.

Last time we met over at Andrew's and flubbed our way through a TB adjustment on an 1100GS. Heh heh, good times! And I met a good number of you all at Point Reyes one morning.

There was no flubber... just good tuning with the Bay Area's tallest manometer.

Berkeley can offer up beer and pizza to beat the barn, let us know what days work for you.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #1134
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,729
Ok, so names, we need names…
Or at least I need names…

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 08-23-2014, 12:41 AM   #1135
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post

Ok, so names, we need names…
Or at least I need names…
From left: slackmeyer, NoMiles, Anorak, Poolside, and Andrew is behind the camera.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #1136
Roll-sen
Hater be Hatin'

Oddometer: 132
Huh. Anorak doesn't look anything like Smokey Yunick.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #1137
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll-sen View Post

Huh. Anorak doesn't look anything like Smokey Yunick.
Heh heh, and I dare say he didn't much resemble his prior ADVrider moniker either.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #1138
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

There was no flubber... just good tuning with the Bay Area's tallest manometer.

Berkeley can offer up beer and pizza to beat the barn, let us know what days work for you.
Tuesday or Wednesday pm works fine for me. I remember some fine pizza!

Yep that manometer had some good resolution. Once the bike model was established, 1100 vs. 1150, everything went fine. 

Old 08-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #1139
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 15,320
Jim, I'm off on Wednesday for my wife's birthday (hiking in Point Reyes, dinner in San Rafael), so how about Tuesday night East Bay?

We ate at Jupiter last time, which is always fine. http://www.jupiterbeer.com/

Moxy on Sacramento is another new spot, good grub and wide beer selection. Easy parking! http://moxybeergarden.com/

Them's are my votes, anyway. Glad to join in if something can be figured out.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #1140
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 3,021
I might make it, don't know.

Y'know, after messing with the tuning on that bike for quite a long time, I pulled it apart, found a leaky head gasket and a couple pulled studs, helicoiled it and replaced the gaskets, and then it was much, much easier to balance the TBs.

ktm
old bmw
others
Closed Thread