User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #46
thesurvivalist
Backcountry Rider

Oddometer: 549
I have this helmet, any questions?

It's a nice helmet though there is a lot of wind noise. I don't like the fact that the visor can only be opened half or all the way.
thesurvivalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #47
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,778
Bummer what a let down. Buddy of mine owned the afx version. I was hoping the trekker was slightly better quality. Bummer, was planning on picking one of these up. Guess I will keep looking.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #48
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggurn View Post
I just ordered the Fly Trekker in hi-viz. From what I can tell it and the AFX come from the same mold (had them hand in hand) but they have different "internals" each uses their own design for liners. I think that is where the difference is in fit and "shape." I liked the Fly better. We'll see though as I had to try on another Fly as the dealer was out of the color I wanted and I really thought Hi-Viz looked cool.
Wait hold the fort... Ok so the fly is a little better eh? Ok game still on then.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:56 AM   #49
jay-ninja
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Spada Sting

I'm just about to order one of these - I believe in the UK they under the Spada brand. Will give a review when I get it. Excited !

http://www.spadaclothing.co.uk/produ...=1&product=213
jay-ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #50
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,549
Spada, I bought one too, white one, fit nice need a M, also with arai and shoei a M.
Crossgoggle fit nice.

Not droven yet, (leg injury) i only can compare with a crosshelmet soo, Spada visor must be good too. Always drive with special made earplugs.

In the crossgoggle i have something like the RX adapter from Bolle, as glasses. No lenses, my eyes...can not stand them.
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #51
aim2kill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
just some shots of my AFX version...

hope it helps someone

If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag. ~Author Unknown
aim2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #52
valongbeard
Accidental Adventure

Oddometer: 1,281
Latecomer

My Fly helmet is scheduled to arrive in the mail today, and I just found this thread. I want to replace the clear lense as soon as possible, but can't find who sells it. MCSuperstore doesn't appear to list it, and I didn't find it on the Fly website. I have heard rumor that the AFX shield is the same. True? Experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica View Post
I liked his form but the results were negligible.
valongbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #53
wliggy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Bummed

I am a bit bummed out. I ordered an XL Fly Trekker. When it arrived it is a little too big. No biggie, returned it to motorcycle superstore. Ordered the L. Way too tight. Head ache tight!! Oh well, I guess I am in between their sizes. I will have to try some other brands.
wliggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #54
690Emaf10
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
I just picked one up this morning. It is snowing here in PA so I'm not sure when I'll get to try it but I like it much better than the AFX. I'm pretty sure the shell is the same but that's about it. The strap has the classic rings on them instead of the plastic buckle on the AFX. The fit for was much better on the fly than the AFX. I'm a large in all the helmets I've gotten so far. An Arai Quantum II and HJC and now the Fly. Hopefully I'll get to post ride opinions on it once the weather clears a bit.
690Emaf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #55
Galen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
I tried the Fly Trekker on last weekend. Too round for my Arai Profile shaped head. I wear an XL in the Profile.
The size L Fly Trekker was close, but a little tight fore and aft. The XL was too big. It seemed to have decent quality interior for the price. FWIW, the Arai XD3 is way to round for my head, too. I tried the Shoei Hornet, same thing.
Round headed people have so many choices... I know guys who really like their AFX helmets (great price).
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #56
bigredcherokee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by wliggy View Post
I am a bit bummed out. I ordered an XL Fly Trekker. When it arrived it is a little too big. No biggie, returned it to motorcycle superstore. Ordered the L. Way too tight. Head ache tight!! Oh well, I guess I am in between their sizes. I will have to try some other brands.
I had the same problem with the AFX-39 and switch to the FLY Trekker and its awsome! fit is perfect.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #57
bigredcherokee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by 690Emaf10 View Post
I just picked one up this morning. It is snowing here in PA so I'm not sure when I'll get to try it but I like it much better than the AFX. I'm pretty sure the shell is the same but that's about it. The strap has the classic rings on them instead of the plastic buckle on the AFX. The fit for was much better on the fly than the AFX. I'm a large in all the helmets I've gotten so far. An Arai Quantum II and HJC and now the Fly. Hopefully I'll get to post ride opinions on it once the weather clears a bit.

I will agree. I tried the AFX and just didn't like the buckle. I'm a Large as well and all I have tried are larges but the AFX didn't fit right. But the Large in the Trekker fits perfect.

So far so good a littl noise but not bad. I like the great side view less I need to turn my head. The visor is good and not much wind pull. Vents are great the passive vents on the side when you trun allow air in. At first its some getting use to since I was wearing a Scropin exo 700 Street helmet.

I called over to Atomic moto and they said that the sheilds for the AFX would fit to the Trekker so thats good. At first I didn't like where the sheild stopped when it was open but I since have gotten use to it. Litter than the Scropin and way more vents.

I haven't ridden in the rain yet but I use it everyday and so far so good. Thank to the guys at Atomic Moto for helping me out.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #58
livetofly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
cold wx riding

I have the AFX FX39, I like the helmet enough but need to do something to help fight the cold. The last few rides my head has been my coldest body part, and it gets pretty uncomfortable. This is with all the vents closed on the helmet and visor all the way down obviously. It seems to be all the air that comes in from underneath the chin bar, as if I put my hand under that chin part I notice that cold incoming airflow stops. So what do you guys do when riding in the winter? I tried wearing my Under Armour coldgear balaclava type thing under the helmet, but that didn't help too much and didn't fit well under the helmet.

Also, all that wind coming up from the bottom inside the helmet starts to irritate my eyes a little bit. Again, this is with all the vents closed and is annoying when riding at highway speeds.
Pura Vida !
livetofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #59
DigDig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by livetofly View Post
I have the AFX FX39, I like the helmet enough but need to do something to help fight the cold. The last few rides my head has been my coldest body part, and it gets pretty uncomfortable. This is with all the vents closed on the helmet and visor all the way down obviously. It seems to be all the air that comes in from underneath the chin bar, as if I put my hand under that chin part I notice that cold incoming airflow stops. So what do you guys do when riding in the winter? I tried wearing my Under Armour coldgear balaclava type thing under the helmet, but that didn't help too much and didn't fit well under the helmet.

Also, all that wind coming up from the bottom inside the helmet starts to irritate my eyes a little bit. Again, this is with all the vents closed and is annoying when riding at highway speeds.
I use my FX-39 as my spring-summer-fall helmet. It is great in the warm weather ventilation wise. And , in the cool weather it also has great ventilation, to cold for me. I've thought about rigging up a chin skirt (does the trekker have one?) but instead have just switched back to my flip-face AGV (with anti-fog insert!) for the cool/winter riding I am able to do.
Really like the helmet otherwise, fits my head well and don't mind the buckle, its easy to use with gloves.

“It was a woman who drove me to drink, but I never wrote to thank her.” W.C. Fields
DigDig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #60
WeeMcD
V-Strom explorer

Oddometer: 437
DIY Solution to Defog w/o Opening Half Way?

The biggest issue with the Trekker is that you can't crack the shield open to defog it. Has anyone come up with a good DIY solution to keep the shield open at the very bottom range of it's motion?

"When all else fails get a bigger hammer."
WeeMcD is offline   Reply With Quote