User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #271
skyb6
Dirt!

Oddometer: 12
More! More! More!

Seriously though. From a n00b, you two are my heroes! This has been an adventure reading and I can't wait to begin my own. We (Steph and I) have so many questions that we are saving to the end. I have been reading the posts . Any ways, I wait with bated breath for the next instalments!!! Oh btw, hope you fared well yesterday' s storms. We are in Waxahachie and has some close calls. Take care and keep them coming!!!
Marcus and Stephanie
skyb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #272
Adventure_Prone
Adam

Oddometer: 29
Just caught up

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
Thank you for talking the time to write this report. It is amazing what i have learned about taking a long trip from what you have wrote. I hope my wife will read this and become inspired to come with me on my next weekend trip.

Here is a pic of my best half after a 34 mile x-ski race. She meet me at all the aid stations (that is hard to do) to cheer me on and take photos. Sometimes she had to wait 30 min outside. Having her their ment the world to me. Especially because it was -16deg F. She is a real trooper. I love doing stuff with her and i know i could not have finished that race without her.

It makes me smile seeing happy couples doing healthy activities!

And Dude, i get what you are saying about not enough young people out enjoying the simpler things in life.
Attached Images

'78 CB400a (latest project), '06 ADV 950 (sold), '05 KLR (sold), '87 XT350 (stolen), '74 TT500 (sold), '81 XT175 (traded), '80 XL 80 (sold)
Adventure_Prone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 AM   #273
xcgates
Whaaa?

Oddometer: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure_Prone View Post
LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
Thank you for talking the time to write this report. It is amazing what i have learned about taking a long trip from what you have wrote. I hope my wife will read this and become inspired to come with me on my next weekend trip.

Here is a pic of my best half after a 34 mile x-ski race. She meet me at all the aid stations (that is hard to do) to cheer me on and take photos. Sometimes she had to wait 30 min outside. Having her their ment the world to me. Especially because it was -16deg F. She is a real trooper. I love doing stuff with her and i know i could not have finished that race without her.

It makes me smile seeing happy couples doing healthy activities!

And Dude, i get what you are saying about not enough young people out enjoying the simpler things in life.
You did the Birkebeiner? That's awesome! I competed at nordic skiing for a few years (highscool and college) but never beyond the local level.

Home is where the skid lid sits.
xcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 AM   #274
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,272
not to hijack this thread but quick question...anyone know of a place to stay on the Robert Campbell Highway?
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:37 AM   #275
jglow OP
Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
not to hijack this thread but quick question...anyone know of a place to stay on the Robert Campbell Highway?

Soph,

Looking through my milepost, it looks like there are about 6 Provincial campgrounds along the way between Watson Lake and Carmacks. It also looks like you could possibly snag some indoor accommodations in Ross River (about halfway down the Campbell); Jackfish Lake B&B and The TND Hotel. We didn't ride the Campbell, but we did stay at the Cole Mine Campground which was right at the Northern termination of the Campbell where it junctions with the Klondike. Hope that helps some.

Jordan
jglow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:46 AM   #276
soph9
Bike Addict

awesome thanks..we are going to get the Milepost book!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:53 AM   #277
jglow OP
Two wheeled traveler

Quote:
awesome thanks..we are going to get the Milepost book!

I think that is probably a good idea for anybody planning on taking a trip up that way. Linky for Milepost here.

We didn't haul the milepost with us, but it was quite nice during planning to have a ton of info all consolidated in one place .

Jordan
Old 04-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #278
soph9
Bike Addict

thanks again Jordon...love your RR...we will be doing or rather attempting a live report from the road...nice to see WIFI readily available in most of the stops we have planned....
Old 04-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #279
s boy
old guys rule!

Oddometer: 60
wow - great updates you guys. i try to check your rr every day even while on the road. i just pulled off a 5 day 2800+ "maiden voyage" on my 2011 wee. unfortunately the southeast was a wet mess through much of it - spent most of my time watching the weather on my droid and trying to outsmart the daily violence of the radar images. i did get very familiar with the wind and rain characteristics of my wee and my gear (all n all very satisfied) - but not a lot of fun stories to tell.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #280
presto88
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
You had a long day, so it's not surprising that Hwy 36 tired you out. I love that road though, just miles and miles of twisties!

I took this photo at the 101 end of Hwy 36.
Attached Images

presto88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #281
jglow OP
Two wheeled traveler

Quote:
thanks again Jordon...love your RR...we will be doing or rather attempting a live report from the road...nice to see WIFI readily available in most of the stops we have planned....
Yeah, it may be a sign of the times. We had wifi way more than we had cell service - which was awesome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by s boy View Post
wow - great updates you guys. i try to check your rr every day even while on the road. i just pulled off a 5 day 2800+ "maiden voyage" on my 2011 wee. unfortunately the southeast was a wet mess through much of it - spent most of my time watching the weather on my droid and trying to outsmart the daily violence of the radar images. i did get very familiar with the wind and rain characteristics of my wee and my gear (all n all very satisfied) - but not a lot of fun stories to tell.
What color is that new Wee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by presto88 View Post
You had a long day, so it's not surprising that Hwy 36 tired you out. I love that road though, just miles and miles of twisties!

I took this photo at the 101 end of Hwy 36.
I wish I would have taken that photo. We took almost 300 on that day alone, so I guess I figured I didn't need it.

Jordan
Old 04-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #282
s boy
old guys rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglow View Post
What color is that new Wee?

Old 04-29-2011, 06:03 AM   #283
s boy
old guys rule!

jordon - a question if you have time... i noticed you were able to reattach your upper OEM exhaust shield after you installed your happy trails rack (right side). i don't have enough clearance to do the same... is yours modded?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:17 AM   #284
Sandino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Thumb

Lovely report!!!, what a great adventure!!, Thanks for sharing
Sandino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:33 AM   #285
Arkrube
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Laugh Nice...

Hey Texan

I was there in July 2010 and loved every minute of it; didn't do the Haul Road...I regret that part.
Cracks me up that you, too, found Fast Eddy's in Tok to be delightful; first real meal I had was there.
Great reporting and pix! Thanks.