Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #16
uk_mouse
Aquatic adventurer

Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKLR View Post
What's the quietest aftermarket pipe you can put on if you have a 2-into-1 on a 950SE?
I think "FUEL" which is a UK brand are pretty quiet.

I would have thought that if you get any can with a removable baffle, you could probably make a larger baffle to reduce the sound some more? Worth experimenting for the cost of a bit of pipe, perhaps :)
Old 03-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #17
Nuevototem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Hi to all,

I have a 2 into 1 exhaust adapter for sale, please send me a PM if interested

Best Regards!
BARCELONA SPAIN
Nuevototem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #18
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,123
The Remus is very quiet. Unless You pull the insert. Then its VERY Loud
Old 03-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #19
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbike View Post
I fitted a 2 into 1 from HT Racing. The kit included a FMF slip on that was made for a Yamaha R6. It fit perfect and it is louder than stock but I feel ok riding with out ear plugs. It does come with a spark arrestor that I have not installed yet.
Don't install the spark arrestor if you are riding highway speeds (>5000rpm). The filling at the end of the FMF can will melt away and clog up the sparke arrestor. DAMHIK
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:33 AM   #20
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
Ht Racing advised me not to run the spark arrestor if I am on the road, just off road riding
Kenbike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #21
Davel1001
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Hi there,

In regards to these 2 into 1 exhaust systems, I'm trying to organise parts to get the dealer to put one on to a 2010 Adventure in the UK that I've just bought. I've ordered a 2 into 1 adaptor from a company called "Adventure Spec" http://www.adventure-spec.com/shop/k.../prod_224.html

So my question is when I order an after market muffler, do I also need to buy link pipes? Or do the OEM ones work? Say for example if I choose a Remus single can/muffler, do I also need extra link pipes to 'marry' them or is the 2 into 1 adaptor, original link pipes and aftermarket muffler enough.

Also anyone in the UK have any suggestions for a place to source a decent after market Remus muffler/exhaust?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
Davel1001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #22
nevermind
Swamp Thing

Oddometer: 2,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davel1001 View Post
Hi there,

In regards to these 2 into 1 exhaust systems, I'm trying to organise parts to get the dealer to put one on to a 2010 Adventure in the UK that I've just bought. I've ordered a 2 into 1 adaptor from a company called "Adventure Spec" http://www.adventure-spec.com/shop/k.../prod_224.html

So my question is when I order an after market muffler, do I also need to buy link pipes? Or do the OEM ones work? Say for example if I choose a Remus single can/muffler, do I also need extra link pipes to 'marry' them or is the 2 into 1 adaptor, original link pipes and aftermarket muffler enough.

Also anyone in the UK have any suggestions for a place to source a decent after market Remus muffler/exhaust?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
I got the Wings exhaust and it is a stout bit of kit. You get all you need to mount it to your 2-1 pipe. His email is:

Gorazd Marovic [mf@siol.net]
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #23
fishbird
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Thumbs down 2-1End Cans

Ordered Remus Can from Calsport UK 1/2/11 with a promised 2-3 week delivery. 21/3/2011 no can...or advice of delivery date. 22/3/2011 cancelled Remus Can and ordered Fuel Carbon can. Fuel to be fitted next week.
fishbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #24
Davel1001
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Many thanks for your replies! Fishbird - who did you order your Fuel Carbon can through?
Davel1001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #25
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
We've found that no jetting was needed when adding just a 2-1 to 950s, I can't see why it would make a huge difference for the 990's.
Is this true if you are using a Uni pre-filter?

My jetting is stock except for needles in 3rd position and mixture screw 1 1/2 turns out (so 155/160m and 42p). Was running great, 0-4000'. After installing the 2:1 when I started it on the stand it was bogging.

I just did the valves and pulled the carbs apart to get above specs (I'd never opened them up before, previous owner made the clip change).

Was just curious as I added the pre-filter 2 years ago and bike still ran well after. Hence curiosity on whether the combo of pre-filter and 2:1 changes things?
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #26
fishbird
n00b

Oddometer: 4
End Can

Try Adventure Spec...I think they have stock at the moment, couldn't have been more helpful in conjunction with KTM dealer.
fishbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #27
sidestand
bristol, uk.

Oddometer: 273
I have a second hand neduro link pipe and wings exhausts spare if any u.k guys are after a mod to there katoom.
sidestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #28
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit View Post
Is this true if you are using a Uni pre-filter?

My jetting is stock except for needles in 3rd position and mixture screw 1 1/2 turns out (so 155/160m and 42p). Was running great, 0-4000'. After installing the 2:1 when I started it on the stand it was bogging.

I just did the valves and pulled the carbs apart to get above specs (I'd never opened them up before, previous owner made the clip change).

Was just curious as I added the pre-filter 2 years ago and bike still ran well after. Hence curiosity on whether the combo of pre-filter and 2:1 changes things?

my mods went this this order so I didn't see any issues.

1) stock to twin FMF pipes. -No jet changes required.

2) Uni prefilter - Ran really rich, Installed Head2Wind jet kit. All better.

3) Built 2-1 pipe and installed w/ single FMF pipe. Ran no different, just felt more bottom end torque.

4) Blew up 2 FMF Alum pipes- Swapped in a Remus TI , No issues since.

I did not do any Dyno checks along the way, but felt no difference in performance or power along the way.

Last Sept I put the 950 back on the Dyno at 70,000 miles. I got 86 Rear wheel HP, same as it did when I did #2 mod after jetting and 30,000 miles.

5) Oct to Now-
I'm running an open air filter system b/c I can't fit an air box. (AWD mod) I went back to a richer STOCK jetting. No dyno A/F checks done, but it felt OK on the 5000 mile trip to Moab and back to Milwaukee.

Does that clear it up????

I should learn to leave things STOCK.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #29
mdfehrmann
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
My uni filter upgrade was easy with the Head2wind jet kit, no issues runs great. My winter project was installing the Cjracer 2 to 1 and a Remus Ti exhaust. Looks fantastic sounds great and made all kinds of necessary room on the other side. I did have to remove my inner fender / splash guard to get the stock "y" pipe out but 4 bolts later it was easy.

Pics to prove it...

2006 KTM 950 ADV S - 2004 Sherco 2.9
http://www.mdfeditions.com/
http://www.cjdesignsllc.com/
mdfehrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #30
StevefrmGV
MotoBro's RetroCycle's

Oddometer: 390
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
We've found that no jetting was needed when adding just a 2-1 to 950s, I can't see why it would make a huge difference for the 990's.

Loss of heat and Weight is a great thing. Be sure to use a High quality silencer w/ a 2-1 as you are running more heat and pressure through it. I've had a couple ALUM silencers fail on me, before I new more about the Remus silencers, but my TI Remus is still going strong after many miles. I have about 50,000 on our 2-1 system and about 30,000 on my TI Remus.
Hey CJ
with all these inmates running Remu Ti pipes, what are the chances of supplying us wth USDA approved inserts? I know you are way busy but it looks like there is a market. Ill volunteer to test the proto.
Steve