ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #76
af300e
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgo View Post
Anyone here change to a 2 into 1 and keep one of the Akro's ?
Just about to build a 2-1 system using one of a pair of akra evo titaniums.

The pipes are used so there is a mark from the carbon clamp but naturally the clamp covers it reasonably well.
If you can wait a month or so I'll knock up a second 2-1 pipe to suit it. I'll post pics once I have made mine.

Be looking at $7-800 for 2-1 including the akra can and all required clamps (totally bolt on and complete).

PM if interested.
af300e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:55 AM   #77
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: South of the big lake
Oddometer: 651
Remus has a new 2 into 1 Roxx system with a slip on and y pipe designed from the ground out for the 990 Adventure. Has anyone installed or actually viewed the parts? The website does not give many details and I was looking for feedback.
If you are running a Remus slip on do you like the performance, quality, and noise? I understand they do not require repacking? My 2 into 1 FMF will blow the packing in 2500 miles! This was the factory material and my second repack sounds as if it is getting pretty thin. I am really considering this system.
__________________
Current Bikes: 2014 BMW GSA, 2010 Vespa 300 Super scooter ( hers), 2012 Vespa 300 Super (his)
Kenbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #78
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Oddometer: 6,408
I have a remus ti on my 950bike and am very happy with it. There are a LOT of ADV owners with em.
__________________
Speed bumps never seem to make me go any faster
Qwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #79
Tijuana_Taxi
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Boise,Idaho
Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbike View Post
Remus has a new 2 into 1 Roxx system with a slip on and y pipe designed from the ground out for the 990 Adventure. Has anyone installed or actually viewed the parts?
That system is brand new and I don't think it's out on the market yet. From the pictures I've seen it looks like it has a bigger pipe from the merge area back which is a good thing and Remus quality is top notch!!!! I'm interested in seeing one as well, I currently have a Remus Ti single muffler on my 990 with a 2 into 1 pipe and love it. No problems with the packing, some manufactures use Wool and some fiberglass, I think FMF uses fiberglass which won't stand up to the heat from the 2 into 1.
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #80
Nailhead
Painting by numbers
 
Nailhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Longmont, CO
Oddometer: 6,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbike View Post
If you are running a Remus slip on do you like the performance, quality, and noise?
The quality, fit, and light weight are great. The noise isn't. I really wish I could make it quieter somehow.
__________________
-Chris


'7? Benelli 650S, '80 BMW R100 RS, '07 KTM 990 Adventure
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #81
Nuevototem
Adventurer
 
Nuevototem's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 93
Hi to all,

I have a 2 into 1 exhaust adapter for sale, please send me a PM if interested

Best Regards!
__________________
KTM 950 Adventure 2003
Akrapovic Titanium
Removed SAS & EPC
BARCELONA SPAIN
Nuevototem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #82
cjracer
AWD please!!
 
cjracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Mukwonago, WI
Oddometer: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbike View Post
Remus has a new 2 into 1 Roxx system with a slip on and y pipe designed from the ground out for the 990 Adventure. Has anyone installed or actually viewed the parts? The website does not give many details and I was looking for feedback.
If you are running a Remus slip on do you like the performance, quality, and noise? I understand they do not require repacking? My 2 into 1 FMF will blow the packing in 2500 miles! This was the factory material and my second repack sounds as if it is getting pretty thin. I am really considering this system.
We're trying to get more info on this system. One thing I have not seen listed is if this is a Spark Arrested system. Alot of there STREET pipes don't have this.

We'll try and keep you posted when I hear back. Anyone else seen this posted?
__________________
My 2006 950S thread. 2006 950s update
New product updates here! Wordpress BLOG
click www.cjdesignsllc.com for the full line of products. FREE STUFF!!
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #83
Unkgd
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Central Coast,Ca
Oddometer: 343
Just at KTM Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
We're trying to get more info on this system. One thing I have not seen listed is if this is a Spark Arrested system. Alot of there STREET pipes don't have this.

We'll try and keep you posted when I hear back. Anyone else seen this posted?
Craig,
Went looking around and the only place I found it was on the KTMTwin site - http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-950-990-...exhaust-system
Doesn't look like it has a spark arrestor from the pictures - but that is just a guess.

Would be interested IF the can is larger than the one of the cans on the Remus dual set up and if the collector is larger.
Bill
Unkgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #84
cjracer
AWD please!!
 
cjracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Mukwonago, WI
Oddometer: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkgd View Post
Craig,
Went looking around and the only place I found it was on the KTMTwin site - http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-950-990-...exhaust-system
Doesn't look like it has a spark arrestor from the pictures - but that is just a guess.

Would be interested IF the can is larger than the one of the cans on the Remus dual set up and if the collector is larger.
Bill
I agree. If we can get a set-up before the snow starts to fly, I'd like to get it on our dyno for a little testing.
__________________
My 2006 950S thread. 2006 950s update
New product updates here! Wordpress BLOG
click www.cjdesignsllc.com for the full line of products. FREE STUFF!!
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #85
kingoftwins
Adventurer
 
kingoftwins's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Oddometer: 97
Remus ROXX Single Can System Info

The new Remus Roxx 2 into 1 system has not made it's dabut as of yet. We were informed of this system and was sworn into secracy until Remus gave the OK to talk about it. It is about to make it's way ashore here in the states in the next couple of weeks from what Knut was telling us. He is the US distributor of all things Remus. This system will come with a spark arrester and is a new can desgin from Remus. Their ROXX system is a all Titanium that does not require packing at anytime. It includes a Stainless Steel 2 into 1 connector pipe and is the first and only 2 into 1 Slip-On system built from the ground up and dyno'd for the KTM 950/990 Adventure. We have seen the dyno chart on this system and it looks promising. Not just a system that allows you to put a auxiliary tank on the back of the bike but one that actually does what you want a Exhaust System to do and that is open the animal up and allow it to breath. We have put in our 2 cents asking for a Super Enduro version but we will have to wait and see if that is ever going to pan out. I attached a Dyno Chart of that here for you guys to look at. Sorry it may be a little blury. We requested a better version of the chart from Remus for you to view on KTMTwins.com but have not received that as of yet. We will post it as soon as we get that clearly defined Dyno Chart.
Attached Images
 
kingoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #86
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer
 
mousitsas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 2,709
Interesting....what would it take to fit an adv exhaust to the SE? Is is a matter of a little twisting and bending here and there, or is it more complicated than that?
In other words, could this system be 'forced' to fit an SE???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftwins View Post
The new Remus Roxx 2 into 1 system has not made it's dabut as of yet. We were informed of this system and was sworn into secracy until Remus gave the OK to talk about it. It is about to make it's way ashore here in the states in the next couple of weeks from what Knut was telling us. He is the US distributor of all things Remus. This system will come with a spark arrester and is a new can desgin from Remus. Their ROXX system is a all Titanium that does not require packing at anytime. It includes a Stainless Steel 2 into 1 connector pipe and is the first and only 2 into 1 Slip-On system built from the ground up and dyno'd for the KTM 950/990 Adventure. We have seen the dyno chart on this system and it looks promising. Not just a system that allows you to put a auxiliary tank on the back of the bike but one that actually does what you want a Exhaust System to do and that is open the animal up and allow it to breath. We have put in our 2 cents asking for a Super Enduro version but we will have to wait and see if that is ever going to pan out. I attached a Dyno Chart of that here for you guys to look at. Sorry it may be a little blury. We requested a better version of the chart from Remus for you to view on KTMTwins.com but have not received that as of yet. We will post it as soon as we get that clearly defined Dyno Chart.
mousitsas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #87
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer
 
crazybrit's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 8,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
Interesting....what would it take to fit an adv exhaust to the SE? Is is a matter of a little twisting and bending here and there, or is it more complicated than that?
In other words, could this system be 'forced' to fit an SE???
the exhaust header is totally different Adv/SE, more than just bending.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #88
RLCanon
Adventure Arrrrr!
 
RLCanon's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Austin, Texas y'all!
Oddometer: 368
Just thought I'd toss out a data point: I'd been running my 2-1 with a carbon Remus for several thousand miles (I have Remus cans on my S54 MCoupe as well and love them! On the KTM it just made sense to me to put an Austrian can on an Austrian bike, especially since I like them on the car so well...). In that time the rivets holes on the inlet side fretted out and allowed a significant amount of movement. I was in the last days before a trip when I noticed it so I just took it off and pulled the carbon shell away from the inlet as far as I could and pushed epoxy into the area then pushed it back together and let the epoxy dry. So far so good, but it's only been a few thousand miles. If the can takes a dump again I guess it's time for a Ti Remus...
__________________
What can I say? Life has been everything to me. Was it good or bad? It was just life, everything was in it. I suppose my advice for the living might just be: Live! And when it is time to die, die! - Ozymandias

We're all contributing factors to our own demise... - Lovin' it Strom
RLCanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #89
cjracer
AWD please!!
 
cjracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Mukwonago, WI
Oddometer: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCanon View Post
Just thought I'd toss out a data point: I'd been running my 2-1 with a carbon Remus for several thousand miles (I have Remus cans on my S54 MCoupe as well and love them! On the KTM it just made sense to me to put an Austrian can on an Austrian bike, especially since I like them on the car so well...). In that time the rivets holes on the inlet side fretted out and allowed a significant amount of movement. I was in the last days before a trip when I noticed it so I just took it off and pulled the carbon shell away from the inlet as far as I could and pushed epoxy into the area then pushed it back together and let the epoxy dry. So far so good, but it's only been a few thousand miles. If the can takes a dump again I guess it's time for a Ti Remus...

That might be the reason Remus does not Warranty the Carbon can being used in a 2-1 setup. I've got a TI Remus on my bike and not one issue in over 60,000 miles.
__________________
My 2006 950S thread. 2006 950s update
New product updates here! Wordpress BLOG
click www.cjdesignsllc.com for the full line of products. FREE STUFF!!
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #90
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: South of the big lake
Oddometer: 651
I got a copy of the dyno results chart and it is the same as on this page. It indicates this is for a 2 inot 2 set up not a 2 into 1 as I reviewed it. I hope Remus can provide what results they have for a stock system, Remus 2 into 2, and a new Roxx remus 2 into 1 system. Ihad a 2004 Tuono and it had a dual full Tigcraft system that I removed and sold and in its place installed stock header and a single Akron slip on. I was amazed at how much better the mid range was on the bike! So if Remus has done the desgn work we could end up with a system that pull better than a 2 into 2 for the street!
__________________
Current Bikes: 2014 BMW GSA, 2010 Vespa 300 Super scooter ( hers), 2012 Vespa 300 Super (his)
Kenbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014