ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #796
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,243
I can't stand crap like this. How hard is it to put what these came off of? I've been thinking about an extra set for my XT, so I text the and he says they're off of a KTM. Why not just list that in the add??

It's like when they list a helmet for sale and don't say what size it is. Stupid.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/4115865786.html

Dirtbike tires and rims 18 and 21 inch - $75 (Mooresville )

I have 2 full complete dirt bike tires and rims one is a rear 18 inch drum break set up the other is a front 21 inch disk break tires on both are almost new and the rims are in great condition $75.00 or best offer text me at 7049032942
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #797
Trust
I'll fix that

Oddometer: 1,328
Oh la la! If I had the $!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post
http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/4170298241.html

2000 Yamaha XT225 1500$ - $1500 (west asheville)

Very strong running bike. I bought this past spring with 2k miles on it. Have put 4k since then. Have done regular maintenance, recent oil change. Tires have good tread. Hasnt seen much dirt and it shows, very clean. 1500$
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post
http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/4189750983.html

Suzuki 380 Motorcycle not running - $200 (townville)

For sale: a Suzuki 380 motorcycle, for parts. It is not running, not sure what is wrong with it.
no title.
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Herding drunk cats drunk. That takes it up a notch.
Give me riding.
Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #798
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,181
This ad irks me for some reason. I highlighted a couple key things.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/4181756384.html

2004 KTM 525 EXC Sreet Legal - $3200 (Charleston)

The bike is in great condition mechanically, fresh top end, oil, valve adjustment, tune. In good condition cosmetically, not great. Factory Street Legal, and tagged. I'm 16 years old and only pay $100 a YEAR for insurance, and it gets 40mpg. Electric start! New rear tire (Dunlop D606), new $40 head light (ten times better than stock), new gear shifter, new 13 tooth front sprocket (will include the 14 tooth), ect.... has a good bit of goodies, most expensive rear Super-sprox sprocket(has lifetime warranty,they replace it for free if it wears down too much), $120 chain, EXCEL wheels, orange renthal bars, JD jet kit, k&n air filter, ect.... this bike has never been raced, but is fully capable. It's a true monster low-mid, and top end. I have the 14 tooth front sprocket in right now, and you can still wheelie in 4th(with my old 12 tooth sprocket you could wheelie no problem in 5th) Isn't hard to ride since it doesn't have the unpredictable power band of a 2-stk. $3200, negotiable. Book value is $4, 100 without the value of ask the add-ons and upgrades. Clean title! No rides without cash. CASH only sale, or trade for truck. Preferably text 843-44 two one 230(Can call on weekends and week days after 3pm, or just leave message)

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #799
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,911
Never thought I would post something here until I saw this ...

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/4142143840.html

Quote:
2009 harley street glide - $30000 (greer)

2009 harley street glide must see 26 rc component wheel, air ride, extended bags, much more 864-444-2697 must see
I wonder how it would fare at Deals Gap?
Old 11-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #800
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWannaB View Post

Damn. I saw one similar to that in Greenville, but it was brite green.
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #801
motobutane
Dirt ╭∩╮ . ╭∩╮only

Oddometer: 260
Quote:

What the hell is that????
motobutane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #802
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,911
If it were a trike, it would look like a BigWheel. It kind of reminds me of my dog when he drags his ass across the carpet. $30K for that! Just goes to prove that some people really do have more money than sense.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #803
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,382
I wonder if his car looks like this....

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #804
motobutane
Dirt ╭∩╮ . ╭∩╮only

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
If it were a trike, it would look like a BigWheel. It kind of reminds me of my dog when he drags his ass across the carpet. $30K for that! Just goes to prove that some people really do have more money than sense.
motobutane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #805
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,099
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/4191657581.html

craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap
1982 Freeway motorcycle HMM3. $1200 obo. Needs work. Had motor rebuilt about 6 years ago but has not been run in years. Please email if you are interested.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #806
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

I want that Free-way. Only about 700 of those were ever sold. I seriously doubt many of them were left.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...

Old 11-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #807
trespalacios
Oh libertad

Oddometer: 687
That is pretty funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
Found this on another sight. Not NC but still funny.
NINJA HAULER: 2005 Nissan Xterra - $12900 (Ronan / Lake County)
OK, let me start off by saying this Xterra is only available for purchase by the manliest of men (or women). My friend, if it was possible for a vehicle to sprout chest hair and a five o'clock shadow, this Nissan would look like Tom Selleck. It is just that manly.

It was never intended to drive to the mall so you can pick up that adorable shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch that you had your eye on. It wasn't meant to transport you to yoga class or Linens & Things. No, that's what your Prius is for. If that's the kind of car you're looking for, then just do us all a favor and stop reading right now. I mean it. Just stop.

This car was engineered by 3rd degree ninja super-warriors in the highest mountains of Japan to serve the needs of the man that cheats death on a daily basis. They didn't even consider superfluous nancy boy amenities like navigation systems (real men don't get lost), heated leather seats (a real man doesn't let anything warm his butt), or On Star (real men don't even know what the hell On Star is).

No, this brute comes with the things us testosterone-fueled super action junkies need. It has a 265 HP engine to outrun the cops. It's got special blood/gore resistant upholstery. It even has a first-aid kit in the back. You know what the first aid kit has in it? A pint of whiskey, a stitch-your-own-wound kit and a hunk of leather to bite down on when you're operating on yourself. The Xterra also has an automatic transmission so if you're being chased by Libyan terrorists, you'll still be able to shoot your machine gun out the window and drive at the same time. It's saved my bacon more than once.

It has room for you and the four hotties you picked up on the way to the gym to blast your pecs and hammer your glutes. There's a tow hitch to pull your 50 caliber anti-Taliban, self cooling machine gun. I also just put in a new windshield to replace the one that got shot out by The Man.

My price on this bad boy is an incredibly low $12,900, but I'll entertain reasonable offers. And by reasonable, I mean don't walk up and tell me you'll give me $5,000 for it. That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.

There's only 69,000 miles on this four-wheeled hellcat from Planet Kickass. Trust me, it will outlive you and the offspring that will carry your name. It will live on as a monument to your machismo.

Now, go look in the mirror and tell me what you see. If it's a rugged, no holds barred, super brute he-man macho Chuck Norris stunt double, then contact me. I might be out hang-gliding or BASE jumping or just chilling with my ladies, but I'll get back to you. And when I do, we'll talk about a price over a nice glass of Schmidt while we listen to Johnny Cash.

To sweeten the deal a little, I'm throwing in this pair of MC Hammer pants for the man with rippling quads that can't fit into regular pants. Yeah, you heard me. FREE MC Hammer pants.

Rock on.

Antioquia, tierra de mis amores
Some trail riding stories
trespalacios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #808
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/4191657581.html

craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap
1982 Freeway motorcycle HMM3. $1200 obo. Needs work. Had motor rebuilt about 6 years ago but has not been run in years. Please email if you are interested.
I tried to find one for about 10 years and never did.There is a company that makes a front end update kit called a F.A.R.T kit that makes them handle better and stop better.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #809
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I tried to find one for about 10 years and never did.There is a company that makes a front end update kit called a F.A.R.T kit that makes them handle better and stop better.
I've sold 3 bikes this year trying to get life a bit more organized. I've completely gotten rid of my storage unit. Life is good.

But life would be better with this Free-Way. And I can go rent another storage unit. And MrsDonkeys surely won't mind another major project. And I'm sure I can finish it before the baby is due...in two weeks.

Awwww, who the hell am I trying to fool.....

Old 11-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #810
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Not in NC, but worthy of a group buy. We all need a racetrack, right?

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/11/15/...ned-next-week/