ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #841
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post
Nice.
I'd be shocked if you get any reply.

I did and it all looks legitimate. Got his real name, address and found several other listings for the same bike. He sells a lot of stuff on craigslist.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #842
Trust
I'll fix that
 
Trust's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: pines & sand, NC
Oddometer: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post
Nice.
I'd be shocked if you get any reply.
I'm telling you, we need an ADV posse to ride out and check these things. Cop-friends on speed dial, we could totally pull off the "dumb biker riding club" look ("Dude, that thing's sweeeeeet - lemme get a pic of me and you with your riiiide" <- evidence) ... while someone else is taking video of the whole thing (helmet cam?) text or phone a LEO friend the VIN, let 'em run it, and if (when) it comes back stolen, stall the guy until the cavalry LEOs arrive.

Speaking from personal experience however, there have been several times I knew that I knew that I knew a bike was stolen just from a CL post ... but after running the VIN, it came up clean! (I even bought some of those CL finds ...)

If we did run a gang group out to see them, it would be nice if we had one of us interested in buying if it's clean, then not only would we not have wasted the seller's time, but we could have a potential candidate for this thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482885
__________________
Buy my project DR350
Got any Pink gear for sale?
Quote:
Originally Posted by focallength View Post
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
YOOOOOOOOOLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Give me riding.
Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #843
dbarale
Squiddly slow
 
dbarale's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 1,052
Dirtbike Suzuki DRZ 400E - $2600



Suzuki DRZ 400E Electric start Off road version 47 H.P only 260 pounds
More power and less weight than street and trail model
Like new 130 miles never wet or in mud
Off road model discontinued by Suzuki in 2007 $2600.
Please call 336-209-0157
No text please


That would justify the $2600 price tag...
dbarale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #844
dbarale
Squiddly slow
 
dbarale's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust View Post
I'm telling you, we need an ADV posse to ride out and check these things. Cop-friends on speed dial, we could totally pull off the "dumb biker riding club" look ("Dude, that thing's sweeeeeet - lemme get a pic of me and you with your riiiide" <- evidence) ... while someone else is taking video of the whole thing (helmet cam?) text or phone a LEO friend the VIN, let 'em run it, and if (when) it comes back stolen, stall the guy until the cavalry LEOs arrive.

Speaking from personal experience however, there have been several times I knew that I knew that I knew a bike was stolen just from a CL post ... but after running the VIN, it came up clean! (I even bought some of those CL finds ...)

If we did run a gang group out to see them, it would be nice if we had one of us interested in buying if it's clean, then not only would we not have wasted the seller's time, but we could have a potential candidate for this thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482885


CAVEAT: just because it is not stolen doesn't mean it's free of liens and able to be registered...
dbarale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #845
ben2go
Moto Flunky
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC USA
Oddometer: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Yeah, but the ugly shit makes it sell for $2k over market price. That's how it works, right?

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Not with me sir,,,not with me.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #846
Trust
I'll fix that
 
Trust's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: pines & sand, NC
Oddometer: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarale View Post
CAVEAT: just because it is not stolen doesn't mean it's free of liens and able to be registered...
Also true. Good point.
__________________
Buy my project DR350
Got any Pink gear for sale?
Quote:
Originally Posted by focallength View Post
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
YOOOOOOOOOLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Give me riding.
Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #847
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GI_JO_NATHAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Middle GA.....Aparently....
Oddometer: 1,942
http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/4179076749.html

CHASE HARPER SADDLEBAGS, PANNIERS, COMMUTER BAGS - $50 (CHESNEE)



THESE BAGS ARE IN USED CONDITION SO THEY DONT LOOK NEW

ALL ZIPPERS AND CLAMPS WORK AS THEY SHOULD
THE BAG INTERIORS ARE NICE AND CLEAN
2100 MCM IS THE PART NUMBER,.... THESE ARE NOT CHEAP BAGS

PRICE IS FIRM
__________________
Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #848
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,236
Not CL, and not crap, but Motorcycles of Charlotte has a black friday deal on a 700mi 2013 Husqvarna TR650 Strada for $4499. I paid full price for my TR650, and I still think it is a steal at full retail. At almost half off retail it is a stupid good deal. They shot the info out in an email, so if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM with your email address and I will forward it your way.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #849
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,236
Once again, not CL, but I ran up to Sandhills Yamaha/Harley today to pick up an oil filter. They hit me up on a Ducati they had on the floor. It seems as if they've pegged me for the Italian type since I've gotten the husky. Anyway, they are begging to get rid of this bike. Ducatis aren't quite the big pull in the local market, and they are willing to take a loss just to move it. Trades welcome too. It figured I'd post it up in case anyone wanted an Italian steed listed at $2500 above NADA.







Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.

RidingDonkeys screwed with this post 11-30-2013 at 12:55 PM
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #850
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,236
This is one nice looking K1100 cafe build! Not so sure about the price though.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/4222553800.html

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #851
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,236
A cheap DR250 featuring the world's most expensive Suzuki carburetor...

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/mcy/4223586654.html

runs good no problems brand new 500.00 carb
head and rear lights work 6 speed trans
call keith anytime day or night 757-724-4927
900 obo






Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.

RidingDonkeys screwed with this post 12-02-2013 at 03:54 PM
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #852
trespalacios
Oh libertad
 
trespalacios's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 634
Jonathan, will this help me keep up with you?

Pictures when I learn how to paste them here without uploading them to smugmug...feel free to school me

http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/4225260477.html


1997 Yamaha XT225
on/off road motorcycle
1700 miles on ododmeter
approxametly 72 MPH
New battery.
Tires have plenty of life, no dry rot
Starts right up
Large Helmet and chest protector go with bike

Specs:
223cc, air cooled, SOHC, 4-stroke
Chain drive
6 speed
Mikuni 34mm carb
238 lbs
2.3 gallon tank

$1500.00

NC title in hand
__________________
13 KTM350 EXC "Katy"
07 DR650 "Sue" FOR SALE

Antioquia, tierra de mis amores
Some trail riding stories
trespalacios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #853
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GI_JO_NATHAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Middle GA.....Aparently....
Oddometer: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by trespalacios View Post
Jonathan, will this help me keep up with you?

Pictures when I learn how to paste them here without uploading them to smugmug...feel free to school me
lol That's pretty clean!
Needs knobbies though..

I don't think I would pay that much for a 97 though.
If you keep an eye out you can pick them up just a few years old for the same money.

Most any pic on the internet you can right click and copy the image location, or go into properties and copy the location.

And the cool thing about ADVRider and C/L, is you can just copy and past the whole post pics and all.
__________________
Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!

GI_JO_NATHAN screwed with this post 12-02-2013 at 07:42 PM
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #854
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post

Most any pic on the internet you can right click and copy the image location, or go into properties and copy the location.

And the cool thing about ADVRider and C/L, is you can just copy and past the whole post pics and all.
You can't cut/paste the pic directly into ADV any more. It was eating up too much disk space. But you can just paste the pic location into the post as you mentioned.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #855
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GI_JO_NATHAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Middle GA.....Aparently....
Oddometer: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
You can't cut/paste the pic directly into ADV any more. It was eating up too much disk space. But you can just paste the pic location into the post as you mentioned.
Interesting.
I still do..
__________________
Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014