ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #901
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1quixote View Post
Damn, that is just an ugly bike!

Hate to say it, liking old school british iron like I do.
Ugliest bike Triumph ever made, hands down. But that engine is gold, and it would make a great bike for someone that can get over the looks.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #902
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GI_JO_NATHAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Middle GA.....Aparently....
Oddometer: 1,932
This is interesting. Looks like a tagged TTR. I'd love to pick it up.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/4242246308.html

2004 YAMAHA 225 STREET AND TRAIL - $1400 (landrum)



2004 YAMAHA 225. STREET AND TRAIL. CLEAN TITLE. STREET LEGAL. NICE BIKE. RUNS GREAT. TRADES ALWAYS CONSIDERED. $1200.00 OBO. 864-804-343TWO. HARVIE OR 864-541-595ZERO BROOK.
__________________
Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #903
Tukata
ADV Demo Rider
 
Tukata's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Woodstock, GA
Oddometer: 1,419
For that money I would get dr200, xt225
We had one of those and hated every second of ownership. Heavy, heavy little thing. Several parts are not serviceable, just replace(like on the carb).
__________________
Yes, I'd love to try
What ever happens to be in the stable at the current time.
H-ADV in fabrication
Tukata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #904
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GI_JO_NATHAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Middle GA.....Aparently....
Oddometer: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukata View Post
For that money I would get dr200, xt225
We had one of those and hated every second of ownership. Heavy, heavy little thing. Several parts are not serviceable, just replace(like on the carb).
Yeah. I contacted the guy about trading for my GS500. I have an XT225, but I've been doing a lot of off road, and it's beating the XT down. I wonder what makes it so much heavier..
__________________
Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #905
ben2go
Moto Flunky
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC USA
Oddometer: 2,995
There was a side car for sale around the Carolinas recently,does anyone have any info on it or know if it sold? They were asking $1000 for it,IIRC.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #906
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GI_JO_NATHAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Middle GA.....Aparently....
Oddometer: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
There was a side car for sale around the Carolinas recently,does anyone have any info on it or know if it sold? They were asking $1000 for it,IIRC.
I think I remember that one. I'll see If I can find it.

Edit:
I only see these right now. If your talking about the same one I remember, it was gloss black, and kind of a universal one.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/4220345512.html

http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/4230746389.html
__________________
Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!

GI_JO_NATHAN screwed with this post 12-13-2013 at 08:30 PM
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #907
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GI_JO_NATHAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Middle GA.....Aparently....
Oddometer: 1,932
This one?
The ads been deleted. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Anybody want a great sidecar for cheap? 2011 for $1000.

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/mpo/4164223606.html

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #908
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,202
Did somebody say sidecar?

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #909
ben2go
Moto Flunky
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC USA
Oddometer: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post
I think I remember that one. I'll see If I can find it.

Edit:
I only see these right now. If your talking about the same one I remember, it was gloss black, and kind of a universal one.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/4220345512.html

http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/4230746389.html
That was the one,black universal.I liked the look of it and didn't have the money.The GF and kid brought up side car rigs after seeing one while they were out shopping.They both com home talking about us all going for rides together.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #910
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,202
This post just hit in Roxboro. I'd buy the sidecar only. That frame is worth nothing unless you need it for parts.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mpo/4243746071.html

1995 Ural Motorcycle and Sidecar - $1700 (roxboro)



craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap





1995 Ural motorcycle and sidecar. Will sell separate or together . This is a parts bike so a few things are missing. The sidecar is in decent shape and a real looker. The bike and sidecar together are designed to look like a WWII style unit. $500 on the bike FIRM and $1200 for the sidecar. CELL# {336} 504-4795


Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.

RidingDonkeys screwed with this post 12-15-2013 at 06:34 AM
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #911
jphii
OK, now what?
 
jphii's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Greenville, NC
Oddometer: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
This post just hit in Roxboro. I buy the sidecar only.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mpo/4243746071.html

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Did you buy it?
__________________

jphii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #912
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,202
Sorry, that was supposed to say "I would buy it for the sidecar only." Holding a baby all the time is exposing the cracks in the voice to text function on my phone. If you were looking for just a tub, that would be a good one to snag.

Now, if you wanted a whole rig, this one is THE deal to have. It is an inmates rig.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/4243601366.html

2002 BMW R1150R w/sidecar - $9200 (mechanicsville)




Sidecar rig includes 2002 BMW R1150R with 18,962 miles (at time of posting) as the tug. The sidecar was created and fabricated in its entirety by "zipper421"as seen on advrider.com under "hacks" "My winter build". "zipper421" did all machine work, tig welding, tube bending, body/paint and upholstery.
He posted all his work with photos. My reason for selling is to gather funds for purchase of an adventure sidecar from Claude Stanley for my GSA. Price is $9200.00 firm. You will not be disappointed. Call Dave at 804 779 0940.


Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.

RidingDonkeys screwed with this post 12-15-2013 at 06:32 AM
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #913
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,093
hmmm
this sounds interesting:
http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/mcy/4244192776.html

Can't decide if "BS" "angry girlfriend" or "stolen"

I'm calling in the AM though...

CL winston-salem all for sale / wanted motorcycles/scooters - by owner
reply: see below flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: about 8 hours ago
2011 Yamaha fz8 - $2000 (Winston. Salem)
Solid black immaculate condition ..low miles(8000) Great deal!!!call 528-3193 Holly
Location: Winston. Salem
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
Posting ID: 4244192776 Posted: about 8 hours ago email to a friend
Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (e.g. Western Union).
Beware cashier checks, money orders, and shipping. More info
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #914
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,280
Rugby, I'd call, but realize that it's going to be about 5 minutes of your life that you're never going to get back.

On the other hand, if it's got a clear title, I'll run out there with you to pick it up before their hangover wears off.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #915
ben2go
Moto Flunky
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC USA
Oddometer: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Sorry, that was supposed to say "I would buy it for the sidecar only." Holding a baby all the time is exposing the cracks in the voice to text function on my phone. If you were looking for just a tub, that would be a good one to snag.

Now, if you wanted a whole rig, this one is THE deal to have. It is an inmates rig.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/4243601366.html

2002 BMW R1150R w/sidecar - $9200 (mechanicsville)




Sidecar rig includes 2002 BMW R1150R with 18,962 miles (at time of posting) as the tug. The sidecar was created and fabricated in its entirety by "zipper421"as seen on advrider.com under "hacks" "My winter build". "zipper421" did all machine work, tig welding, tube bending, body/paint and upholstery.
He posted all his work with photos. My reason for selling is to gather funds for purchase of an adventure sidecar from Claude Stanley for my GSA. Price is $9200.00 firm. You will not be disappointed. Call Dave at 804 779 0940.


Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
That's a sweet hack.I am just looking for a side car.The ural hack wouldn't really mesh well with my bike,plus I would have to have a cover for riding without a passenger.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014