ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #946
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,401
Here is an interesting offer. A 2000 Triumph Sprint with 200 miles on the odo and a salvage title.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/4269457160.html

2000 Triumph 955 Sprint ST--/For Trade (Belews Creek)
Bike was laid down. Has salvage title. Had it repaired, because of life's challenges never got around to getting it on the road. Missing a few plastic pieces. Bike is supposed to only have 200 Miles, Yes only 200. I bought the bike wrecked, with the 30 day tag still on it. I'm 65 years old now and don' t think I'll ever get to it( with all my other projects ). I will Trade for a nice older miata, forktruck, a classic car or truck project, or a good outboard boat for the coast. Thanks for looking. 336-529-3628. Jim
Location: Belews Creek
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #947
ben2go
Moto Flunky
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC USA
Oddometer: 3,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Here is an interesting offer. A 2000 Triumph Sprint with 200 miles on the odo and a salvage title.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/4269457160.html

2000 Triumph 955 Sprint ST--/For Trade (Belews Creek)
Bike was laid down. Has salvage title. Had it repaired, because of life's challenges never got around to getting it on the road. Missing a few plastic pieces. Bike is supposed to only have 200 Miles, Yes only 200. I bought the bike wrecked, with the 30 day tag still on it. I'm 65 years old now and don' t think I'll ever get to it( with all my other projects ). I will Trade for a nice older miata, forktruck, a classic car or truck project, or a good outboard boat for the coast. Thanks for looking. 336-529-3628. Jim
Location: Belews Creek
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
A kid bought it,laid it down on the second ride, due to being overly confident in his new found skillz.Then this guy felt bad for him, paid off his loan, and took the bike.Now he realizes he is in over his head and wants rid of it.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #948
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
A kid bought it,laid it down on the second ride, due to being overly confident in his new found skillz.Then this guy felt bad for him, paid off his loan, and took the bike.Now he realizes he is in over his head and wants rid of it.
Yeah, he's definitely not going to get a Miata or a boat out of the deal.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #949
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,401
Not having time sucks. I looked for a crashed Street Triple at a reasonable price for a year hoping to build a dual sport around it. Now one comes up nearby and I have no time for such a project. This is one of the sweetest engines out there.


http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/4270156964.html

Triumph Street Triple R engine and parts - $600 (Marion)


I have some REALLY nice parts for a Triumph Street Tripe R. I have a great engine with all the electronic components, air box, tank, radiator, fan, rear sub frame, head lights, wiring harness, digital gauges, etc. I was going to do a project and never took off. Buy one, or buy all, just tell me what you need. I may even be open to trades for other bikes, older cars & trucks, things that go bang, etc. Just let me know.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #950
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,401
Scuffed up 2005 Triumph Daytona for $1k. Based on the pics, i'd say some smart shopping could easily have this thing fixed for under $1k.

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/mcy/4272473032.html

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #951
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer
 
dirtysouthjacket's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Columbia, SC
Oddometer: 528
Wish that was closer or I would go take a look at it. I'd be worried about the rear subframe being tweaked and engine cases. Could be a good project though.
__________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I intended to be. -Douglas Adams

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans
dirtysouthjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #952
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GI_JO_NATHAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Middle GA.....Aparently....
Oddometer: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouthjacket View Post
Wish that was closer or I would go take a look at it. I'd be worried about the rear subframe being tweaked and engine cases. Could be a good project though.
What's up Jesse!
Where've you been hiding?
__________________
Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #953
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer
 
dirtysouthjacket's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Columbia, SC
Oddometer: 528
I've been working on a machine project since July that has taken up all my free time. There from Oct til Christmas, all I did was get up, go to work, eat three meals of fast food, then go home and go to bed. Same for the weekends. But I got it installed over the holidays and finished up training Fri.

Now I'm getting caught up on all the ADV I missed! Fortunately I still rode once or twice a week, but it was just to work and back. How you been? Ready to hit up a GNCC race this year? :-)
__________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I intended to be. -Douglas Adams

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans
dirtysouthjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #954
GI_JO_NATHAN OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GI_JO_NATHAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Middle GA.....Aparently....
Oddometer: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouthjacket View Post
I've been working on a machine project since July that has taken up all my free time. There from Oct til Christmas, all I did was get up, go to work, eat three meals of fast food, then go home and go to bed. Same for the weekends. But I got it installed over the holidays and finished up training Fri.

Now I'm getting caught up on all the ADV I missed! Fortunately I still rode once or twice a week, but it was just to work and back. How you been? Ready to hit up a GNCC race this year? :-)
PM sent.
__________________
Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:24 AM   #955
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,401
Nicely farkled Husky Terra for sale here in NC.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/tr-...n-ready.39278/

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:38 AM   #956
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer
 
Draechon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Nicely farkled Husky Terra for sale here in NC.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/tr-...n-ready.39278/

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Dead link to non-members of that site, shows "You must be logged in to do that."
__________________

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:04 AM   #957
jphii
OK, now what?
 
jphii's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Greenville, NC
Oddometer: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon View Post
Dead link to non-members of that site, shows "You must be logged in to do that."
They guy wants $10,500. He needs to put down the bong

Price is $10,500

For sale is my Terra with approximately 700 miles. broken in gently and runs awesome. Has the latest MOSS update. is loaded with only the best accessories for this model. No expense spared. Never been off road. Life change has caused the sale.

Included:
Touratech zega pro panniers (Really liking these. very well made. first bike with hard panniers and really enjoying the security and utility of these. I really don't notice they are back there while riding on road)
Excel Rims (stronger and lets face it the black just looks way better)
SW Motech skid
SW Motech on/offroad pegs
Touratech handguards
crash bars
Alt rider rear brake cylinder guard
Alt rider side stand foot
Touratech headlight stone guard
Nomadic rack
Powerlet Powerbar plus RAM
touratech folding mirrors
3M SOLAS reflective tape
Protaper bars in black (stock bar as well)
powermadd riser
Garmin Montana 600 GPS with hardwire mount
radiator guard

__________________

jphii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #958
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,401
He's got a whole mess of farkles on that thing, but I couldn't stomach $10.500 for an orphaned bike that could be had for $6k new (if you can find one anymore). Neither farkles nor motorcycles offer 100% return on investment.

I do hope he gets it sold though. The TR650 is the modern 650 people have wanted for years, and I hate to see one that nice not getting any saddle time.








Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.

RidingDonkeys screwed with this post 01-06-2014 at 08:19 AM
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #959
luni
A51 Tour Guide
 
luni's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Hoke County
Oddometer: 1,044
I could see one of those taking the DRZs place in the stable in a few years when I decide to get a wee bike again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by true grip View Post
I got a feeling the KTM would be like a hot girlfriend so fun to be with just not trust worthy.
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #960
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
I could see one of those taking the DRZs place in the stable in a few years when I decide to get a wee bike again.
Not even comparable. The DRZ-400 is much more capable offroad. The TR650 is more in line with the DR650, just a whole lot faster, and with fuel injection. And did I mention faster?
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014