ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #1171
motobutane
Dirt ╭∩╮ . ╭∩╮only

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust View Post
http://eastnc.craigslist.org/mcy/4366876564.html

1982 Honda 650 - $100 (1507 Perry Park Dr)

This is for parts only. Does not run but has nice carb., seat, gas tank, windshield, etc.
Need to clear garage. First $100.00 takes.
Wow I've never seen an invisible carb either
motobutane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #1172
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,112
Anyone in need of a vintage trials bike?
http://charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/4369083476.html

1976 Yamaha TY250 - with title - $1250 (Downtown)

I've got a 1976 Yamaha TY 250 for sale.

It runs perfectly. It starts on the first or second kick every time. I've owned the bike for a couple of years, and it's seen little use since I moved into the city. I originally purchased it to work on trials skills, but it just sits.

A rarity for these old Yamahas is that this one comes with a title. It's currently insured and plated. I formerly used it to connect trails when I lived in NC.

Price is firm, but I would entertain trades. Just shoot me an email.

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #1173
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,172
Had I not just spent the last of my play money fixing the grocery getter, that TY would be mine.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Old 03-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #1174
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,172
And today's "are you freaking high" award goes to this guy. 1972 Chiang Jiang with only 220km for $6k. Sure, let me buy your kit bike that you never could get running for more than a good used Ural would cost.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/4368796752.html

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Old 03-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #1175
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
I know it's not a craigslist find, but Competition Accessories out of Rock Hill is having their spring sale on tires this week.

http://www.compacc.com/Tires-Dual-Sport

They also do free shipping. I saved over $100 on a set of TKC80's last spring by calling them.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with this company, just love passing on savings!

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans
dirtysouthjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #1176
AppFan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouthjacket View Post
I know it's not a craigslist find, but Competition Accessories out of Rock Hill is having their spring sale on tires this week.

http://www.compacc.com/Tires-Dual-Sport

They also do free shipping. I saved over $100 on a set of TKC80's last spring by calling them.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with this company, just love passing on savings!

I usually go there, find what I like and then have them order it and send to the house with free shipping. Since I'm across the border it means no sales tax.
AppFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #1177
r1ng3l78
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
over the line, but pretty nice;

http://tricities.craigslist.org/mcy/4373290281.html

r1ng3l78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #1178
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,112
Looks like it could be a cheap, fun project:

http://charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/4377984011.html

1996 KLR 250 - $350 (Hollywood)

For sale is a 1996 Kawasaki klr 250. It is in decent cosmetic shape but does not run. Want to sell as a parts bike. There are lots of great parts on the bike that would be worth some money. Also could be fixed to run again. Please text me if interested

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:24 AM   #1179
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon View Post
Looks like it could be a cheap, fun project:

http://charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/4377984011.html

1996 KLR 250 - $350 (Hollywood)

For sale is a 1996 Kawasaki klr 250. It is in decent cosmetic shape but does not run. Want to sell as a parts bike. There are lots of great parts on the bike that would be worth some money. Also could be fixed to run again. Please text me if interested
Dang it! If I knew I could hit the coast this weekend,I'd ask someone to make the deal and pick it up for me.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #1180
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,043
That would be perfect for my son. I wonder if he has the title.

Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #1181
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,971
I keep seeing more and more of these "no title" bikes. If it's not stolen, then it must be unpaid for through a finance company, who is probably looking for it to repo. Eventually, the banks are going to require a GPS tracking device like a Lo-Jack be hidden on anything they finance.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/4380646084.html

There are more than one, semi-late model sportbikes with no titles, on CL right now.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #1182
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Oddometer: 1,039
Guy I worked with had his car impounded by the towing company I think after a DUI. They charged outrageous storage fees that he couldn't afford and after a week or two the cost to get the vehicle back was more than it was worth, vehicle was an old beater BMW that he paid cash for. A lawyer would have cost as much and still wouldn't have guaranteed that he got the car back so I think in the end he just gave up. The storage company basically stole his car. Wouldn't surprise me if some of these cheap craigslist stolen-looking listings are the same shady shit.

I'm sure there's no shortage of dudes riding around on no title/tag/insurance bikes with a bogus plate and their fingers crossed. And I'm sure there's guys that have no problem picking up a bike without paperwork to save a few bucks, creating a market for these bikes.

I'm sure every paperless bike has it's own ridiculous story of how the paper trail was lost but we're a smart enough group that if anything smells wrong it throws up red flags and we just move on.
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #1183
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW View Post
I keep seeing more and more of these "no title" bikes. If it's not stolen, then it must be unpaid for through a finance company, who is probably looking for it to repo. Eventually, the banks are going to require a GPS tracking device like a Lo-Jack be hidden on anything they finance.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/4380646084.html

There are more than one, semi-late model sportbikes with no titles, on CL right now.
If I check one out with out a title,which I rarely do.I casually snap a pic of the vin,and have a LEO check it out.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #1184
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,971
Late model bikes with no title are most likely stolen, I don't care what "story" the seller comes up with. If it's not stolen, it's just evading repo. There are a LOT of bikes out there on the street without legit tags, insurance, etc. I keep tamper resistant bolts on my tags, just in case!

The only "legit" bikes I know of without titles, are trackbikes that were at some point, "totaled" and then rebuilt with no intentions of ever putting them back on the street. The ones being ridden, without titles, are hot. I know a guy who had his bike stolen, and then it was found, on the street several months later. Guy riding it bought it without a title, and was riding it for months before getting caught.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #1185
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
Guy I worked with had his car impounded by the towing company I think after a DUI. They charged outrageous storage fees that he couldn't afford and after a week or two the cost to get the vehicle back was more than it was worth, vehicle was an old beater BMW that he paid cash for. A lawyer would have cost as much and still wouldn't have guaranteed that he got the car back so I think in the end he just gave up. The storage company basically stole his car. Wouldn't surprise me if some of these cheap craigslist stolen-looking listings are the same shady shit.

I'm sure there's no shortage of dudes riding around on no title/tag/insurance bikes with a bogus plate and their fingers crossed. And I'm sure there's guys that have no problem picking up a bike without paperwork to save a few bucks, creating a market for these bikes.

I'm sure every paperless bike has it's own ridiculous story of how the paper trail was lost but we're a smart enough group that if anything smells wrong it throws up red flags and we just move on.

Tow lots and body shops get legal titles when they claim a vehicle. There is specific paperwork and procedure to do it. You can do it too, if a vehicle is abandoned on your property.
ob1quixote is offline   Reply With Quote